These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

EVE 2023... here's your road map for the next 10 years CCP.

Author
GreenSeed
#1 - 2013-08-17 00:16:02 UTC
this, online, please?

here's your list of features

i remember making a post not too long ago saying jokingly "CCP, break that piggy bank and buy Egosoft, before they get too big." it's still not too late. Blink

to think we spent months debating last year, whether the player base is willing to make a sacrifice and go for a year, or more, with no content updates in exchange of having all the dev time devoted to a deep, and complete POS/outpost overhaul. Straight and the last word was "we will leave POSes on the back burner, because of... priorities."

and here we are, a year later, no news on POSes, except some minimal changes, that change nothing. tiercide was great, but a small change. t2 changes? hardly a priority, ice? nice change, makes the game more healthy. moon goo? good.

all in all, nothing close to the monumental task of opening up W-space, SOV changes, T2 production, and later on T3 production... doesn't take a genius to see that you are running on a skeleton crew while keeping most people busy working on something else. can we see it?

please?

is it a Modular POS? can we dock in it? is it something for us industrialists? something nice for invention maybe?

it it something cool that serves no other purpose than being "cool"? because, unlike what some people think, if its not cool, then the feature is not good. Twisted

and if nothing on POSes was done, you guys do know that it wont get any easier as time goes by, right? Blink

the nerds are restless.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#2 - 2013-08-17 00:34:58 UTC
The technology is developing for direct brain to computer interfaces, by 2023 we may see Capsuleers plugged into the game directly, seeing on a heatmounted display and moving through neural recognition.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Louise Beethoven
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-08-17 00:56:54 UTC
Mother of god that looks amazing
Solhild
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-08-17 01:06:49 UTC
When I started playing EVE in 2008 they were still talking about a grand vision like that. Now it seems that it's endgame null fleet online only.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-08-17 01:15:50 UTC
Looks like a mesh of BSG, Eve Online, Blade Runner and most futuristic space based sci-movies.
The Greenmachine Greenmachine
Green's Bicycle Shop
#6 - 2013-08-17 01:26:01 UTC
I JUSTED WATCHED THAT TRAILER AND ITS A GOOD THING I WAS WEARING 3 PAIRS OF JESUS. I MEAN HOLY BANANAS THAT LOOKS SEXY AF
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-08-17 01:34:45 UTC
I do wonder if EVE would ever survive its jump away from its current spreadsheet like gameplay.

Would EVE ever be able to become a game where you dont need an overview to play the game?

Would people still want to play the game this way?

Either way, this does look amazing.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#8 - 2013-08-17 02:44:34 UTC
That.. Looked... AWESOOOME!

Seriously CCP.. Acquire these guys and get them helping on Eve Online!

If I listen to those talks, it sounds like a single player game.. but holy mother of god if this ever went MMO... Eve should be worried.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Hong WeiLoh
Super Troopers
#9 - 2013-08-17 03:50:32 UTC
Xearal wrote:

If I listen to those talks, it sounds like a single player game.. but holy mother of god if this ever went MMO... Eve should be worried.

If that's an MMO, it'll alpha EVE right off the field... Shocked
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-08-17 03:57:19 UTC
You people are like little kids, getting easily manipulated by fancy graphics.
MicDeath Titan
No Mans Corp
#11 - 2013-08-17 04:23:40 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

It isn't the graphics, it is the promis they are making. And if they can maintain those promises with the same level as the hype is, then it will make Eve, old.
Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#12 - 2013-08-17 07:16:16 UTC
MicDeath Titan wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

It isn't the graphics, it is the promis they are making. And if they can maintain those promises with the same level as the hype is, then it will make Eve, old.
Every single game in development, will make every single current game, old... if you believe the hype.

Doesn't even have to be hype. It's human nature to read our own wishes into promises.

That said, there's competition on the horizon for EVE, finally, and that's a good thing Smile
flakeys
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-08-17 08:02:27 UTC
MicDeath Titan wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

I can think of not one game that kept to it's promise over the last 10 years when finally launched ... really not one .Your living in the fairyland of early gaming where they allways surpassed their promises .

Best thing is to see it as a gouvernment , lots of promises and 'some' actually get implemented while most keep floating around as soontm .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-08-17 08:12:03 UTC
I used to play X2/3 before I started Eve Online. The X series are amazing space games, the interface was pretty ****** though. Still, wouldn't trade Eve for anything in the world... Or in space.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#15 - 2013-08-17 08:12:45 UTC
…so… will it have any actual gameplay, or just be an exercise in scripting (and abusing the lack of out-of-sector simulation detail) like all previous games in the X series?
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-08-17 08:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Tippia wrote:
…so… will it have any actual gameplay, or just be an exercise in scripting (and abusing the lack of out-of-sector simulation detail) like all previous games in the X series?
People compare it to EvE...

Well, i guess it's the carebear version, where only NPCs will be a "threat".

That won't hurt their bloated egos...

Edit:
Imagine carebears mining their hearts out in this single player "sandbox" ....
Hilarious! XD
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#17 - 2013-08-17 08:32:21 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Tippia wrote:
People compare it to EvE...

Well, i guess it's the carebear version, where only NPCs will be a "threat".

That won't hurt their bloated egos...

Leggo my Eggo!

...oh, one "g".

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#18 - 2013-08-17 08:46:20 UTC
Xearal wrote:

I am playing EVE litherally because the X series does not have online. Good news are that the currrent universe setting is more friendly to online than the old one. Bad news is that Egosoft is a diminutive company (30-some workers), X-Rebirth has taken them 7 years in the making and they've made a potentially dangerous decission by making Rebirth a single ship game whereas 62% the player base prefers to fly mutliple ships.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#19 - 2013-08-17 08:57:42 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
this, online, please?

here's your list of features

i remember making a post not too long ago saying jokingly "CCP, break that piggy bank and buy Egosoft, before they get too big." it's still not too late. Blink

to think we spent months debating last year, whether the player base is willing to make a sacrifice and go for a year, or more, with no content updates in exchange of having all the dev time devoted to a deep, and complete POS/outpost overhaul. Straight and the last word was "we will leave POSes on the back burner, because of... priorities."

and here we are, a year later, no news on POSes, except some minimal changes, that change nothing. tiercide was great, but a small change. t2 changes? hardly a priority, ice? nice change, makes the game more healthy. moon goo? good.

all in all, nothing close to the monumental task of opening up W-space, SOV changes, T2 production, and later on T3 production... doesn't take a genius to see that you are running on a skeleton crew while keeping most people busy working on something else. can we see it?

please?

is it a Modular POS? can we dock in it? is it something for us industrialists? something nice for invention maybe?

it it something cool that serves no other purpose than being "cool"? because, unlike what some people think, if its not cool, then the feature is not good. Twisted

and if nothing on POSes was done, you guys do know that it wont get any easier as time goes by, right? Blink

the nerds are restless.

Well, according to Malcanis, CCP does have a plan for EVE. I am taking that as in: "we are at the end of the post-incarna plan and just look at what it has delivered".

My pet fear is that they've reached a complexity peak and can't make the game any more complex without inacceptable risk of breaking it. And rather than move 90º from "core" gameplay and expand the gameplay space, they've aligned themselves to "core" gameplay literally to death.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Lee Saisima
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-08-17 09:08:38 UTC
There are a LOT of space games up and coming that look set to overshadow EVE; Star Citizen, X Rebirth, and Limit Theory to name just a few. EVE already seems like an outdated game in a lot of respects. Cry
123Next pageLast page