These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Super cool expansion trailer?

First post
Author
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-11-11 21:02:18 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
T' Elk wrote:
I would rather they actually worked on the expansion instead of making some flashy trailer with the jessica engine.

Awesome trailers also get new people into the game.

Who prompty leave again when they realize that you can't really do any of the things in the trailer. Fan-made material is a much better way to promote the game, because its usually more honest about what the game is like.
KFenn
Hail Britannia
#22 - 2011-11-11 21:05:32 UTC
Takseen wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
T' Elk wrote:
I would rather they actually worked on the expansion instead of making some flashy trailer with the jessica engine.

Who prompty leave again when they realize that you can't really do any of the things in the trailer. Fan-made material is a much better way to promote the game, because its usually more honest about what the game is like.

Not all fan made material is good

Commanding Officer of the Treacle Tart Brigade

CCP Manifest
CCP Retirement Home
#23 - 2011-11-11 21:52:59 UTC
T' Elk wrote:

Reminder: the people that make the trailers are different than both (1) the people that make the ships and (2) the people that make the rest of EVE happen with design/programming.

Art Dept = in game
Graphic Design/Video team = out of game

And yes, the marketing department is trying to knock on the doors of the rest of CCP as little as possible, so we don't interrupt them ;)

Just wanted to jump in and clear up that common misconception.

======== o7 _CCP Manifest | Public Relations and Social Media | @ccp_manifest_

Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2011-11-11 22:03:22 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
T' Elk wrote:

Reminder: the people that make the trailers are different than both (1) the people that make the ships and (2) the people that make the rest of EVE happen with design/programming.

Art Dept = in game

And yes, the marketing department is trying to knock on the doors of the rest of CCP as little as possible, so we don't interrupt them ;)

Yes and by the way, the best expansion ever is already planed, isn'it ? :) (juste keep, one big surprise out of Sissi for the trailer, that'll be awesome)

HELIC0N ONE
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2011-11-11 22:07:31 UTC
Archetype 66 wrote:
(juste keep, one big surprise out of Sissi for the trailer, that'll be awesome)

Like the technetium nerf that they're keeping quiet about to prevent rampant market speculation, you mean?
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#26 - 2011-11-11 22:52:59 UTC
Takseen wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
T' Elk wrote:

Actually, with a few exceptions, most of the things you see in the trailers are entirely doable in game. You just haven't done them yet. Blink

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

MaiLina KaTar
Katar Corp
#27 - 2011-11-11 22:57:08 UTC
T' Elk wrote:

They have like three or four dudes making those trailers. And something tells me you really don't want to let them anywhere near a developer workstation.
Cheekything
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2011-11-11 23:45:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Cheekything
CCP Manifest wrote:
T' Elk wrote:

Art Dept = in game

Poke them and make them make it more like the red moon rising trailer > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtyIzw45MY

And less like the more recent ones, honestly they haven't been as interesting as they seem to be moving away from what eve is, for example the dominion one where they go "have they seen us yet?" well they bloody did when you entered local.

People just want to see ships blowing each other up less chatter unless it's some epic voice over.

Also use real game footage, don't use epic graphics that aren't in game people just feel cheated by cheap tricks like that, every game company does it "representation of game play" it's really annoying, show the game it's beautiful we love it.
Hentes Zsemle
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-11-12 00:26:19 UTC
Cheekything wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
T' Elk wrote:

Art Dept = in game

Poke them and make them make it more like the red moon rising trailer > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtyIzw45MY

And less like the more recent ones, honestly they haven't been as interesting as they seem to be moving away from what eve is, for example the dominion one where they go "have they seen us yet?" well they bloody did when you entered local.

People just want to see ships blowing each other up less chatter unless it's some epic voice over.

Also use real game footage, don't use epic graphics that aren't in game people just feel cheated by cheap tricks like that, every game company does it "representation of game play" it's really annoying, show the game it's beautiful we love it.

I second this, there are great looking new textures on a lot of ships even, use them.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#30 - 2011-11-12 01:11:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Quote:

Interesting, when did they make it so that when you appear in local your ship and position is identified?

I must have missed the memo.

Quote:

You do realize that they use the game engine and in game elements (albeit at an enhanced resolution) to create those videos' right?

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Logan LaMort
Screaming Hayabusa
#31 - 2011-11-12 01:24:17 UTC
Hentes Zsemle wrote:
Cheekything wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
T' Elk wrote:

Art Dept = in game

I second this, there are great looking new textures on a lot of ships even, use them.

This.

No Other Destiny has always been my favourite trailer for EVE.

It shows what EVE was about back then, not like the modern trailers which shows EVE as it could be, or EVE as it will be in a few years. Not what EVE is right now.

The 'actual in game footage' trailers have always felt a lot more honest, they don't try and impress you with a fancy trailer, they impress you with EVE itself, which you're actually seeing.

The Exodus trailer is what got me into EVE (Auras voice!) but it's actually a pretty boring trailer, still I liked what I saw, I liked what it showed me and I didn't feel cheated when I downloaded the trial. EVE was everything I expected.
However if I didn't have a clue about EVE and the Dominion, Tyrannis, Incursion or Incarna trailer was the only thing I saw about EVE and I booted up a trial, I'm certain I'd be sorely disappointed if I wanted what was in those trailers, because it doesn't exist, it's practically made up.

It almost feels like CCP is embarrassed about their actual product, so when they show it off to people they slap on some makeup and try to make it look pretty.

(The causality trailer was a step in the right direction, although it's still heavy on the fancy effects)
Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#32 - 2011-11-12 01:39:09 UTC
Logan LaMort wrote:

No Other Destiny has always been my favourite trailer for EVE.

It shows what EVE was about back then, not like the modern trailers which shows EVE as it could be, or EVE as it will be in a few years. Not what EVE is right now.

The 'actual in game footage' trailers have always felt a lot more honest, they don't try and impress you with a fancy trailer, they impress you with EVE itself, which you're actually seeing.

I would love to see No Other Destiny re-done with the current graphics (especially after the winter patch)
Aloe Cloveris
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#33 - 2011-11-12 01:41:05 UTC
zama118 wrote:
Paragon Renegade wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
I would like to see Gallente blaster ships ganking the nerfed supercaps...in time-dilated slow-motion.

Anything but this and it's automatically bad.

well i would like voice overs as well...

maby supercaps saying "OMG there too meny of them... fizz fiizzz fizzz... rage quit"
more "Dominion" like stuff in other words (apart from without the patch just the video)

Scap pilot: "There's too many of them. I'll be fine if I just log offfff-f-f-f-ffffuuuuuckkkkkkasldkfh;alskh;;"
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#34 - 2011-11-12 01:51:51 UTC
If there is any one trailer I would love to see remade is Eve never fades and they get the music liscense this time.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#35 - 2011-11-12 02:02:57 UTC
"Military experts are calling this a 'cynosorrell field'..

Love that one.. especially because it includes The Scope. Makes me weepy every time when the Gallentean fleet jumps in and kicks butt.

Drink more Quafe!

PS: I hope a trailer includes a nod to the Arek Jaalen Project, a legacy bequeathed to generations to come.
Previous page12