These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drone Hordes in Navy Gheddon?

Author
Lester Knight Chaykin
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-08-11 15:33:09 UTC
Hi there,
anybody got experience running drone hordes with a navy gheddon?
I'm trying to figure out a fitting, but it looks pretty hard to me, i always have to warp out at some point.

I've tried with a full rack of mega pulse, cap rechargers in the mid slots and then some combinations in the lows: 2 heat sink, 1 Large Armor rep, eanms, dcu, cap power relay, i don't know what else i can try.
Every item is tech 2.

Any tip will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Valhallas
New Eden Robotics
#2 - 2013-08-11 16:41:00 UTC
If the problem is tanking why not try an Abaddon with it's Armor bonuses, something like this backed up with capacitor and large energy weapon implants does the trick for me in Sansha Hubs, you would obviously need to fit different hardeners for the Drone sites.

Its a bit messy as it's copied out of jEVEassets, and the fitting can be improved on, it's just to give you the idea

Mega Modulated Energy Beam I Hangar > HiSlot0 X 7

Prototype Cloaking Device I Hangar > HiSlot7
Extruded Heat Sink I Hangar > LoSlot0
Armor Thermic Hardener II Hangar > LoSlot1
Prototype Armor EM Hardener I Hangar > LoSlot2
True Sansha Armor EM Hardener Hangar > LoSlot3
True Sansha Armor Thermic Hardener Hangar > LoSlot4
'Skadi' Coolant System I Hangar > LoSlot5
Large Armor Repairer II Hangar > LoSlot6
Cap Recharger II Hangar > MedSlot0
Cap Recharger II Hangar > MedSlot1
Tracking Computer II Hangar > MedSlot2
Tracking Speed Script Hangar > MedSlot2
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I Hangar > MedSlot3
Large Energy Collision Accelerator I Hangar > RigSlot0
Large Energy Discharge Elutriation I Hangar > RigSlot1
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I Hangar > RigSlot2
Klymer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-08-11 22:23:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Klymer
Horde is the Drone version of a Sanctum. While that Abaddon fit might work for Hubs, a Horde will turn it into scrap metal in short order. The best solo ship I have found so far, short of a carrier, has been a Tachyon fit Nightmare. Even with the NM though, you have to be extremely careful. Bottom line is use a carrier, bring friends or don't waste your time.

I stick to running the Patrols in a Tachyon fit Oracle. You don't have to deal with sentry towers in them and there are only a few battleships that can hit to around 60km so if you stay out beyond that you won't take any damage. On a good day I can pull down 45m/hr with the following fit.

[Oracle, Disco Ball T2 Tachyon]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Experimental 10MN Afterburner I

Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Split the guns into 2 groups of 4, warp in at 100km and start off using Infrared and switch crystals as they close. A single volley from one of the groupings is usually enough to pop a frig even at the edge of the ships 130km lock range. By the time your finished killing all the frigs, cruisers and BC the battleships have moved in close enough that you can use IN MF and kill them in about 5-6 volleys, just don't let them get closer than about 18km or they'll wreck you. You can also orbit the anom at around 60-80km with the AB running, the ship is cap stable btw, and swap the scripts for scan res and tracking and clear the site that way, makes it a little less boring than just parking the ship at range and waiting for them to come to you.

I almost have my Thanatos pilot where I want him skillwise Blink

Edit: The fit also works with meta 4 Tachs. I don't use T2 crystals with it as IN MF has a better optimal than Gleam with nearly the same dps and I haven't really 'needed' the range that Aurora provides. Of course it doesn't hurt to have a set with you if you can use them.
Lol
Kraillach
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-08-12 06:32:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kraillach
off that oracle fit, dont worry bout the afterburner, if ur not silly u wont need it.

take 2 sebo's.

ull only need 2 types of crystals, navy standard and multifrequency.

blap on to 60+ mils an hour. did this for more than a year in CE.
Lester Knight Chaykin
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-08-13 17:08:24 UTC
thanks guys
i'm sad about my navy gheddon Cry but i'll try that oracle Blink