These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[VIDEO] Call of the Wild - Solo PvP

First post
Author
Kovorix
Matari Exodus
#1 - 2013-08-10 21:03:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Kovorix
Hi again, long time Big smile

EVE FILES (Size 516mb)
YOUTUBE (Please watch in 1080p!!)

Length: 24:29
Resolution: 1080p for Youtube with the black bars. If those bug you, wait for the EVEfiles download. (apologies in advance for my terrible computer and graphics)

This video has 1 fight of Myrmidon and the rest is entirely Omen Navy Issue. I wish I could give you a more diverse ship roster but I could only get reasonable fights in the Nomen. Also it's a blast to fly. This is the most kite-y video I've ever made, and I'm not sure if that's exciting or not. But if you think you can stand 20 minutes of me zooming about avoiding stuff, please proceed. P

Solo is "true" solo, no links fancy implants stuff etc. End gang fight has links.

SOMER Blink
If you've still never heard of these guys I would be really surprised. They've been supporting me, other pvpers, AT teams, and media producers for a long time, and they absolutely deserve a visit. Have fun, win some crazy ships, and it looks like they are closing in on 1 QUADRILLION isk won, which will mean a crazy party. Check them out at the link above.

Track List:
Call of the Wild - Die Toten Hosen
Don't Let Me Down (remix of the Beatles) - Gramatik
No Diggity (remix of Blackstreet) - Extraordinary Magnitude
Fortune Days (remix of Glitch Mob) - Virtual Boy
1977 - Ana Tijoux
Good Evening Mr. Hitchcock - Gramatik

MY PREVIOUS VIDEOS ON EVE FILES
MY PREVIOUS VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE
Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#2 - 2013-08-10 22:12:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Daneel Trevize
The secret's out, speed + active tank + Scorch M is OP!

(Waiting for 1080p download for proper review post)

OK, seriously that was your first fight in a NOmen? No wonder the obsession. P

As for the first fight, I'm wondering what impression it gives people & devs of the state of the game. It's not a bad fight, it's just that the later ones seem to demonstrate that you're making it much harder on yourself to deal with (non-suicidal) cynabals/kiters in a brawling fit even with full tackle, and with EC drones even when you have a smartbomb, because of how tackle doesn't scale & arbitrary structure mechanics compared to simply being in something fast with good damage projection even if it has a paper tank. I don't think you killed them much quicker, were more sure of their demise, or effectively tanked them easier in the myrm than the nomen, when you consider all such factors at once & what's being risked for the differences.

The rest of the vid vs the bonus clip is also an interesting anecdote about links. Clearly at least skirmish ones aren't needed for fun times if both sides don't have them (yet also don't make pilots suddenly awesome), I think you'd really only have got the most of out them if you'd refitted for them(more optimal, less nano maybe), and a CCP-suggested link for overheating could be really interesting & not detract from pilot skill.

As said prior to this edit, the main body of this is a brilliant example of putting the onus on pilots to develop their experience & come up with something probably less-expected, and then make it work through execution & letting other people make mistakes. So many occasions where you time a swing in to tackle or get under huge potential dps, or just draw them away 1 more mwd cycle, and bag yourself kills when a relatively simple counter-move by them would have turned things completely. Well played, thanks for sharing Big smile
Guados
Everyone vs Everything
#3 - 2013-08-10 22:37:11 UTC
That was good Smile . Thanks for vid o7 o7

2nd in NEW EDEN OPEN TOURNAMENT My PvP Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/Guadossss

Raptim Sicario
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-08-10 23:12:15 UTC
Great video!! *adds medium energy turrets V to skill queue
Griznatle
Did he say Jump
#5 - 2013-08-10 23:27:38 UTC
I usually lurk, but GOOD LORD KOVORIX U ARE WAY TO BOSS FOR THIS GAME
I think I literally had to clean myself up twice, the curse fight, holy bawls that was so close, if you hadn't overloaded the cappo youda been dead. Im glad they fixed the overload cappo bug where it cycles then says lolnoep.

again. wow, this is like prom level next level stuff here man.
only reason I keep throwing myself out there to the mercy of the eve is because of vids like this, proving that although difficult you can fight outnumbered, without links (albeit snakes kiiiinda are similar to loki links), without metagaming, just plain piloting skill.

thank you
Vordak Kallager
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#6 - 2013-08-11 00:23:46 UTC
HE'S BACK! \o/

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

F4bske
Mining Industry Exile Foundation
HYDRA RELOADED
#7 - 2013-08-11 00:50:07 UTC
Wow, I'm still amazed when i see new vids like this from you Shocked
The music choice was very good, i always enjoy chill tunes.
Your piloting in your solo fights was, as expected, WAAAYYY above most of us.
Looking forward to see more from you o7
Bionic Wolf
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-08-11 01:33:36 UTC
Maaaaan that Curse fight!!!! As F4bske said too, that piloting was sick. Only thing I didn't like was now we're going to be seeing nomens bloody everywhere :P
Teron Radec
Fairlight Corp
Rooks and Kings
#9 - 2013-08-11 01:35:09 UTC
Excellent video, top notch piloting.

BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
#10 - 2013-08-11 01:51:25 UTC
been waiting for this.
BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#11 - 2013-08-11 02:02:28 UTC
Great stuff man, glad you're still making vids
Ruyman
Paladines
#12 - 2013-08-11 02:44:25 UTC
Nice video. Congratz, amazing fights and good piloting. I know it's kitting, but you do great at that :) Twisted

Waiting for your next video.

o//
JDevoe
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-08-11 02:55:06 UTC
Good vid
Kovorix
Matari Exodus
#14 - 2013-08-11 03:13:29 UTC
Thanks for all the kind words guys :) OP is updated with eve files link.

maCH'EttE
Furnace
lllllllllllllllll
#15 - 2013-08-11 03:42:53 UTC
amazing fights, but the camera jerk and zoomed out, kind of ruined it for me.
but still you are a master may you walk on roses for the rest of your eve career.
BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
#16 - 2013-08-11 04:27:19 UTC
nice video, ever since I saw your success with nomen was quite curious to see how you picked up kills without linked point. not a single weak fight here.
SyntheticSins
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#17 - 2013-08-11 07:04:41 UTC
Haha, glad to see what the Navy Omen could do. :P

Epic video man, knew you were going to make one after I saw you flying through D87, had no idea it would be this epic. Would like to talk to you about nano tactics sometime. o/
Naoru Kozan
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#18 - 2013-08-11 08:51:08 UTC
Wow, amazing video!

Aldap
Fearless Tiger.
Tactical Narcotics Team
#19 - 2013-08-11 09:32:32 UTC
Fantastic video! :-)
Really fun to watch.

Very much agree with Daneel Trevize's comments there in the first post, good points.
Loved watching your piloting of the Navy Omen without links!

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

Niveon
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-08-11 09:37:34 UTC
maCH'EttE wrote:
the camera jerk and zoomed out, kind of ruined it for me.
And how do you propose one uses the UI when flying nano things successfully?
123Next pageLast page