These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Cyaron wars
Academia RED HOT Corporation
#1201 - 2013-08-10 08:27:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyaron wars
Since these CPU/PG tweaks on command ships I would like to ask CCP Fozzie to post one fit for each ship. Think it'll help all of us to understand his vision on this subject.

I would also like to know why would you need 8 for same purpose. What is the point of having 2 command ships? If we are talking about links on field, then any weapon system on those ships is irrelevant. Nobody ever fielded Damnation or Claymore for extra DPS. I doubt anybody will actually try doing that in future as well. So since guns on command ships are irrelevant then splitting them based on missile/turret/drone platforms is also a bit ********. Extra 200 dps coming from those ships in future will not make any difference what so ever. There are many ways to fit current Claymore for example with links+guns but nobody does that. Nobody fits Gyrostabs or BCUs on it, ppl prefer having PDUs for extra HP and guns are pure KMWHORING mods. You can review the killboards and see it yourselves.

I am very frustrated with such a horrible understanding on game mechanics. I am pretty sure that CCP Dev team has different EVE there, not the one we play. My last hope is CCP Rise aka kill2. He's new there so must still have some common sense left.
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#1202 - 2013-08-10 09:46:48 UTC
SOL Ranger wrote:
Lephia DeGrande wrote:

I got a better Idea!

Skillname: Trolololo Amarr

-25% Cap Use for all Amarr Ships per Level and 50% more Tracking, Range or Damage if the Laser Crystal does need it.

... Please we dont need Special Race Skills...

You seriously believe anyone will take you seriously after starting like that, that is not an opinion piece, that is trolling.

Quote:
Geeze, whats your problem, just get over it if you cant handle another opinion.

Its just isnt right to pervert the difference between each races with skills to make them all equal.

Laser without cap problems would be just like Hybrid, if this is your Goal, go ahead, ruin the game. As CCP had not taken enough of the Old Spirit of Eve throught all the rebalancing already, no just for the sake of it make them equal!

Oh, my bad i am the Troll here, i forgot...

Lasers would still have cap problems after a 50% reduction, do you even fly Amarr at all?
You say the 50% cap reduction is perverting the difference of races, so every ship with 4 turrets or capacitor use reduction with lasers is perverted?
Seriously man, you're stuck in some kind of principled limbo where you refuse to look at the facts and throw hyperbole around like it's the only thing you know.

Now you play the victim and moan about being unjustly labelled a troll and a condescending one you are, you do not discuss the topic, you spout vague principled phrases which are largely unfounded in the big picture of current state of affairs facts and think you've somehow shown some kind of evidence that refutes mine and many others claims on lasers being too reliant on capacitor.

Try to not respond to my posts as you will have nothing useful to bring to them, next time you initiate a discussion try not to be a jackass from the start and it will probably serve you better.

Look, you can Act all Day and Night the big reasonable player, but your Ideas like special Energy Weapon Cap saving skills or ammunition increase skills are completly biased, your facts or better the problems your think to See are completly wrong, Amarr does have some Cap problems, Amarr does have some Tracking Problems in specific ranges and yes the damage Lacks sometimes.

But hell give them a stupid Race specific Skill IS NOT the answer, adding meaningless Skills everywhere is Never the answer.

And if you cant handle this Fact go Troll elsewhere.
Serenity Eon
League of Paranoid D-Scanners
#1203 - 2013-08-10 10:09:58 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
SOL Ranger wrote:
Lephia DeGrande wrote:

I got a better Idea!

Skillname: Trolololo Amarr

-25% Cap Use for all Amarr Ships per Level and 50% more Tracking, Range or Damage if the Laser Crystal does need it.

... Please we dont need Special Race Skills...

You seriously believe anyone will take you seriously after starting like that, that is not an opinion piece, that is trolling.

Quote:
Geeze, whats your problem, just get over it if you cant handle another opinion.

Its just isnt right to pervert the difference between each races with skills to make them all equal.

Laser without cap problems would be just like Hybrid, if this is your Goal, go ahead, ruin the game. As CCP had not taken enough of the Old Spirit of Eve throught all the rebalancing already, no just for the sake of it make them equal!

Oh, my bad i am the Troll here, i forgot...

Lasers would still have cap problems after a 50% reduction, do you even fly Amarr at all?
You say the 50% cap reduction is perverting the difference of races, so every ship with 4 turrets or capacitor use reduction with lasers is perverted?
Seriously man, you're stuck in some kind of principled limbo where you refuse to look at the facts and throw hyperbole around like it's the only thing you know.

Now you play the victim and moan about being unjustly labelled a troll and a condescending one you are, you do not discuss the topic, you spout vague principled phrases which are largely unfounded in the big picture of current state of affairs facts and think you've somehow shown some kind of evidence that refutes mine and many others claims on lasers being too reliant on capacitor.

Try to not respond to my posts as you will have nothing useful to bring to them, next time you initiate a discussion try not to be a jackass from the start and it will probably serve you better.

Look, you can Act all Day and Night the big reasonable player, but your Ideas like special Energy Weapon Cap saving skills or ammunition increase skills are completly biased, your facts or better the problems your think to See are completly wrong, Amarr does have some Cap problems, Amarr does have some Tracking Problems in specific ranges and yes the damage Lacks sometimes.

But hell give them a stupid Race specific Skill IS NOT the answer, adding meaningless Skills everywhere is Never the answer.

^ I must agree with the player above, the last thing Amarr needs is another race specific skill. Go for the head of the snake!!! Nerf beam laser cap use. Then remove the 10% laser cap reduction skill from all Amarr ships and replace it with something meaningful ( like a falloff/tracking bonus).
FleetAdmiralHarper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1204 - 2013-08-10 10:15:10 UTC
fozzie it looks like you kicked the hornets nest with wanting to take weapons off ships.
so please don't do that..
we get it, they are command ships and we can put 3 links on them now, that doesnt mean that we should be forced to have that many links if we dont need it. we should have the option to come up with fittings as needed.

i know if you take a launcher off my nighthawk, ill have 1 empty high slot...

lol look at me, its like im praying or something XD.
im just talking to the air with no one else in the room, hoping some-kinda divine force hears me and decides not to remove weapons from all the command ships.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1205 - 2013-08-10 10:30:43 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
Blasters = 13
Lasers = 7
Autocannons = 12
im going to respond to the rest of that in a minute but I'm going to point out that you have 32 (7+12+13 = 32) total points on a system that only has 30 so....

5 points of comparison x (best 3 + second 2 + worst 1) = 30

If I'm doing this right the proper score should be (according to you):

Blasters 10

Auto cannons 12

Lasers 8

I'll be back to re-explain some points when I get more time.
TehCloud
Guardians of the Dodixie
#1206 - 2013-08-10 10:43:25 UTC
FleetAdmiralHarper wrote:
fozzie it looks like you kicked the hornets nest with wanting to take weapons off ships.
we get it, they are command ships and we can put 3 links on them now, that doesnt mean that we should be forced to have that many links if we dont need it. we should have the option to come up with fittings as needed.

im just talking to the air with no one else in the room, hoping some-kinda divine force hears me and decides not to remove weapons from all the command ships.

The Missing Hardpoint is compensated by a bigger damage bonus.

So you have more spare PG/CPU, need less Ammo and if you don't want to fit a second link, you can fit a neut, or a nos.
FFS you could even fit an auto-targeter.

Don't complain because you have 1 less launcher, the ship will perform way better than before.

My Condor costs less than that module!

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1207 - 2013-08-10 10:56:38 UTC
TehCloud wrote:
FleetAdmiralHarper wrote:

The Missing Hardpoint is compensated by a bigger damage bonus.

So you have more spare PG/CPU, need less Ammo and if you don't want to fit a second link, you can fit a neut, or a nos.
FFS you could even fit an auto-targeter.

Don't complain because you have 1 less launcher, the ship will perform way better than before.

I can imagine he might actually cry if someone only have him 1 launcher with a 1000% bonus to damage
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1208 - 2013-08-10 11:18:47 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Capacitor Friendly: Autocannons, Lasers, Blasters

I stand corrected, I did put those in backwards.

Reworked the numbers:

Auto cannons - 9

Lasers - 8

Blasters - 11
Eldrith Jhandar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1209 - 2013-08-10 15:02:02 UTC
This is a commandship thread lets try to keep on topic and not compare weapon systsems and balance here
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#1210 - 2013-08-10 15:25:34 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Update time!
We've also got updates in the gang links and bonuses thread that you will all probably want to read.

We're moving the gang link bonuses for command ships back to the command ships skill, at 3% per level instead of the 15% role bonus.

i would realy like to keep the role as the role of a command ship is to provide boosts. also the leadership skills and cybernetics 5 is very skill intensive allready

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#1211 - 2013-08-10 15:28:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Veshta Yoshida
Rowells wrote:
im going to respond to the rest of that in a minute but I'm going to point out that you have 32 (7+12+13 = 32) total points on a system that only has 30 so....

Damn, the lack of the % partition on cap friendliness threw me off.

My tally is:
Blaster: 12
Auto: 11
Laser: 7

Doesn't change the conclusion though Big smile
Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
This is a commandship thread lets try to keep on topic and not compare weapon systsems and balance here

How on Earth do you propose one goes about balancing the hulls without taking into account the mods they are likely to use? Everything, as in everything (Grid/CPU, Cap, mobility, bonuses et al.) are dictated by the how/what/where/when of fitting and using a ship, it is why CCP tweaks grid downwards to "force" auto fits or removes slots on drone boats.

When the weapon systems are so much out of sync as is the case currently (many moons has passed since last laser change), the balancing (or feedback thereon) of the hulls becomes impossible for us to participate in without factoring in possible future changes to weapons .. I am fairly certain that the Dev crew already has an outline of where they want lasers to be and are using that when they cook the numbers, but we are not privy to it so must make our own (they may not have said outline in which case we (Amarr) are seriously screwed Big smile)
SOL Ranger
Imperial Armed Forces
#1212 - 2013-08-10 15:36:28 UTC  |  Edited by: SOL Ranger
Lephia DeGrande wrote:

Look, you can Act all Day and Night the big reasonable player...

Alright, I'll look.
I would like to believe I am quite reasonable yes, however I do not "act" as that would implicate me wanting or needing an audience, I am here to solve balance issues and not for looking good on the forums, I'd look much better if I didn't reply to you for instance, food for thought.

Quote:
...but your Ideas like special Energy Weapon Cap saving skills or ammunition increase skills are completly biased, your facts or better the problems your think to See are completly wrong...

Again with the focus on me being "biased", "completely wrong", may I ask, to clarify, is it the fact that my suggestion is a skill that is the problem or is the problem the reduction of laser capacitor use?

Because as I recall the problem you had first in your original wise-ass post was in short to not add skills, then in the subsequent posts the issue was a reduction in capacitor use would "pervert the races" and ""destroy EvE"", now yet again you are saying specifically the skill part is "completely biased" as if introducing more skills to the game would overly benefit me alone.

Which is it?(rhetorical question, I place no real value in your opinions at this point)

Quote:
...Amarr does have some Cap problems, Amarr does have some Tracking Problems in specific ranges and yes the damage Lacks sometimes.

I really don't understand what you're opposed to now, you say what I think about lasers is completely wrong yet you're definitely agreeing that lasers have quite a few apparent problems and especially noteworthy is the part of capacitor problems, which my suggestions are directly and exclusively aimed at.

Quote:

I don't get where you're coming from when you say a "stupid" cap reduction skill would be "meaningless", it's not stupid nor is it meaningless; If you want to argue the pros/cons of having it as a skill or that the solution should rather focus to reduce cap use on the most demanding lasers baseline, I'd be willing to discuss that, if only I could get one post from you without an obvious attitude problem I would.

All your rambling this far has only resulted in a test on how often you can accuse me of being "completely wrong" and "biased" without strengthening your stance nor offering any kind of insight as to why, this isn't a political arena, personal posturing is what is stupid and meaningless and empty statements like "completely wrong" and "biased" are of null value.

You've agreed that lasers are indeed overly problematic, as has been my stance this entire time although I directly point at the capacitor use ship bonus and the high consumption of cap lasers consume, as it is in my opinion the most apparent problem.

Quote:

You present few facts and those you present are only strengthening my stance, I now see you have fully turned the tables inside your own head, it is called projection, you have officially thrown rationality out of the window.

TL;DR

Progress. At last even the most vehement opposition directly agrees lasers have cap problems.

The Vargur requires launcher hardpoints, following tempest tradition.

Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1213 - 2013-08-10 16:58:13 UTC
And still, lasers are screwed, as every other type of weapon system gets 3 weapon-damage applicable bonuses, while lasers have to give one up just to be able to use them.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#1214 - 2013-08-10 17:06:31 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:
And still, lasers are screwed, as every other type of weapon system gets 3 weapon-damage applicable bonuses, while lasers have to give one up just to be able to use them.

there's a chronic lack of attention to detail in this thread ... maybe fozzie is overworked, the alternative is he is being lazy or doesn't care enough.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1215 - 2013-08-10 17:57:08 UTC
I should think that after 61 pages of angry capsuleer reactions he's thinking very hard before posting any more suggestions. He has my sympathy, but it seems to me that he could do himself a favour by:
1. Studying the stats on production numbers of existing command ships (a reasonable proxy for desirability)
2. incrementally buffing the least used
3. waiting to see what effect that has on player uptake.

This would be the scientific method. Data driven, factual, devoid of all irrelevant opinion.

He would then have a credible defence against any flames directed his way, i.e. "The numbers don't lie".

Fozzie?

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Eldrith Jhandar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1216 - 2013-08-10 19:09:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Eldrith Jhandar
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
Rowells wrote:

My tally is:

Eldrith Jhandar wrote:

How on Earth do you propose one goes about balancing the hulls without taking into account the mods they are likely to use? Everything, as in everything (Grid/CPU, Cap, mobility, bonuses et al.) are dictated by the how/what/where/when of fitting and using a ship, it is why CCP tweaks grid downwards to "force" auto fits or removes slots on drone boats.

When the weapon systems are so much out of sync as is the case currently (many moons has passed since last laser change), the balancing (or feedback thereon) of the hulls becomes impossible for us to participate in without factoring in possible future changes to weapons .. I am fairly certain that the Dev crew already has an outline of where they want lasers to be and are using that when they cook the numbers, but we are not privy to it so must make our own (they may not have said outline in which case we (Amarr) are seriously screwed Big smile)

You are makin this thread about weapon systems, not about the ships, you are talking about how lasers are bad nerfed buffed etc and not about how to make the ships good and balanced with the weapon system, it's one thing to go "oh lasers are bad and the abso will suffer in xyz way so change the 10% cap consumption to 7.5% cap consumption and tracking" or w.e
You are talking simply about the lasers-autos-hybrids

Edit: you as in you and the others, and if this came off as mean spirited sorry, it is not meant as such
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1217 - 2013-08-10 19:22:42 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
I should think that after 61 pages of angry capsuleer reactions he's thinking very hard before posting any more suggestions. He has my sympathy, but it seems to me that he could do himself a favour by:
1. Studying the stats on production numbers of existing command ships (a reasonable proxy for desirability)
2. incrementally buffing the least used
3. waiting to see what effect that has on player uptake.

This would be the scientific method. Data driven, factual, devoid of all irrelevant opinion.

He would then have a credible defence against any flames directed his way, i.e. "The numbers don't lie".

Fozzie?

This would only work if he wants the classes he's working on now to be finished over the course of several months AFTER the first round of changes hits. Between training and individual preference shifts a real change in numbers of a global scale could take quite some time. It could also be deceptive as the move towards a ship, especially T2 ships with lengthy prerequisites, could ha deterred in part by training. It could also allow singular variables to override what might be an otherwise good ship since the metric of balanced becomes usage in a class where there are obviously intended role differences still and those roles don't play out in even numbers.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1218 - 2013-08-10 20:05:43 UTC
Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
Rowells wrote:

My tally is:

Eldrith Jhandar wrote:

You are makin this thread about weapon systems, not about the ships, you are talking about how lasers are bad nerfed buffed etc and not about how to make the ships good and balanced with the weapon system, it's one thing to go "oh lasers are bad and the abso will suffer in xyz way so change the 10% cap consumption to 7.5% cap consumption and tracking" or w.e
You are talking simply about the lasers-autos-hybrids

Edit: you as in you and the others, and if this came off as mean spirited sorry, it is not meant as such

If you think that our discussion was off-topic go check out the grammar war going on in the warfare links thread.
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#1219 - 2013-08-10 21:00:04 UTC
Each race has 2 CS. Make one of them tanky (250k+ ehp) and the other one dps (like the absolution and damnation).
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#1220 - 2013-08-10 21:08:24 UTC
Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
...Edit: you as in you and the others, and if this came off as mean spirited sorry, it is not meant as such

Its a public forum where grown ups get hot-n-bothered about spaceships like pre-teen boys who see what's on TV after mommy and daddy has gone to bed.

We are on page 60+ with Devs probably trying to find shelter (somewhere halfway through) from the deluge of critique that has pelted this thread, CC's are a about as big a deal as it can get as they are being set up to reclaim the link crown and links are going to be joining the melee .. and .. we have been promised that they would all have teeth should the player choose to bare them.

Balance stickies are historically derailed around page 50 when people run out of 100% on topic feedback and just sort of drift away, we know the Devs are monitoring them so they are WMD's in the war to get heard. All my 100% OT was concluded in the first fifteen pages or so, with some good ideas/arguments involved if I dare say so myself Big smile