These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

we need mini nukes...

First post
Author
Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#101 - 2013-08-09 14:51:45 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
A mini nuke (in todays tech) is the EVE equivalent of a bomb that has a 6km AOE.

What you're asking for is a OP weapon that'll break more mechanics then George Bush rigging his 2nd term...

or Obama buying his with free cell phones. Arrow
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2013-08-09 14:55:02 UTC
Knucklehead wants AEO doomsdays back.....

Even at a billion a pop, that is like 4-5 hours scanning, I have more than that up on contracts most of the time.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#103 - 2013-08-09 15:14:42 UTC
Karak Terrel wrote:
The real question here really is, if Harry and Ace would meet each other in the forums, fall in love and procreate, what would happen?

discuss please

Result.
Andrea Okazon
Laurentson INC
#104 - 2013-08-09 15:39:55 UTC
How have I gone so long without discovering these threads?

Harry you are the wind beneath my wings.
Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#105 - 2013-08-09 15:42:03 UTC
1. AoE doomsday weapons were removed;
2. While not a physicist, I'm fairly certain the calibre of weaponry in this universe, combined with the speeds at which impacts occur, produce far more energy - whether kinetic, explosive or otherwise - than a conventional nuclear weapon does; and
3. You're an idiot.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#106 - 2013-08-09 15:49:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Jove Death wrote:
I would prefer they just brought the mines backBig smile low sec and null only ofc. Dont want to upset to many people

Spread them all over the belts and sit in station and wait for the kills to pop up Twisted

Necesitating a minesweeper function - maybe modules that fit Destroyers or Frigates. Then you'll have folks ganking the minesweepers, and folks trying to defend the minesweepers from gankers... There'll be so much combat in the belts that no mining will take place, and James & The New Order will win!

I like it. Twisted

(Oh, and whilst you're reading your killmails, you can also watch your security status descend like a runaway elevator. Not that such is a bad thing, mind you. Smile )
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#107 - 2013-08-09 21:13:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Effect One wrote:
2. While not a physicist, I'm fairly certain the calibre of weaponry in this universe, combined with the speeds at which impacts occur, produce far more energy - whether kinetic, explosive or otherwise - than a conventional nuclear weapon does; and
3. You're an idiot.

Read the description of a Nova Torpedo. We were nuking those structures in Fountain.
Nova Rage Torpedo wrote:
An ultra-heavy nuclear missile. While it is a slow projectile, its sheer damage potential is simply staggering.

This modified version of the Nova Torpedo packs a considerably stronger punch, but as a result is heavier and slower. This makes it very effective against larger targets, but markedly less effective against smaller and more agile targets.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#108 - 2013-08-09 21:21:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jove Death wrote:
I would prefer they just brought the mines backBig smile low sec and null only ofc. Dont want to upset to many people

Spread them all over the belts and sit in station and wait for the kills to pop up Twisted

Necesitating a minesweeper function - maybe modules that fit Destroyers or Frigates. Then you'll have folks ganking the minesweepers, and folks trying to defend the minesweepers from gankers... There'll be so much combat in the belts that no mining will take place, and James & The New Order will win!

I like it. Twisted

(Oh, and whilst you're reading your killmails, you can also watch your security status descend like a runaway elevator. Not that such is a bad thing, mind you. Smile )

Honestly, if we are going to have something like a smart mine function, I am surprised it hasn't been implemented into the dronebay function already.

Heck, the drone deployment methods for, let's say, sentries, already launches them in a sufficient spread, we'd just need to bump up the distance variable for it. And of course they only remain active while the deploying ship is in the system and not docked.

I'd consider it a tactical and innovative options to defeat tackle frigates etc, and would open up a number of emergent gameplay options.

Obviously, they would not be deployable close to a station, and only in low/null/wormholes. Possibly put a timer on them too, then they blow up regardless. But the idea has some merit, honestly.

(I personally think CCP dreads the prospect of having them back because how we'd use them would flood the earth with carebear tears)

[Edit: Such as, probe out someone's safe spot, bookmark it, come back when they are gone and fill it with mines. Twisted

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#109 - 2013-08-09 21:23:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Effect One wrote:
3. You're an idiot.

oh, so you got stuck at the name "mini nukes"... nice pettifogging, sure you are sarching eagerly for spelling mistakes as well, people like you get hold up too much with the details, where people like me are moving forward and are getting things done

guess what I will be doing now? bloooo...? see ya!
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2013-08-09 22:05:11 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Effect One wrote:
3. You're an idiot.

oh, so you got stuck at the name "mini nukes"... nice pettifogging, sure you are sarching eagerly for spelling mistakes as well, people like you get hold up too much with the details, where people like me are moving forward and are getting things done

No because your ideas are stupid.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#111 - 2013-08-09 22:15:48 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Effect One wrote:
3. You're an idiot.

No because your ideas are stupid.

bloooo?

Sounds like he's crying now.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2013-08-09 22:17:17 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
where people like me are moving forward and are getting things done
Could somebody enlighten me ?
What is he getting done ?

Is there really anything ?

I mean ... besides his wishfull thinking and adventures in imagination land ...
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#113 - 2013-08-09 22:27:31 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Well, there are some industrial kills...

Wow, I could not even force myself to type that with a straight face. I burst out laughing halfway through the sentence.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#114 - 2013-08-09 22:31:09 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Wow, I could not even force myself to type that with a straight face. I burst out laughing halfway through the sentence.

Cyno ships, as well.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#115 - 2013-08-09 22:32:07 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Cyno ships, as well.

No, see he claims he's moving up in the world, and doesn't gank cyno frigs anymore. He's "graduated" to indy ships.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#116 - 2013-08-09 22:43:09 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Effect One wrote:
3. You're an idiot.

Look, if *you're* going to use an utterly misleading label, why *shouldn't* people call you on it?

Really now... Do try to be reasonable in your unreason.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#117 - 2013-08-09 23:55:15 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Cyno ships, as well.

No, see he claims he's moving up in the world, and doesn't gank cyno frigs anymore. He's "graduated" to indy ships.

Hey, he's on TEST's level now. TEST has start ganking industrials as well, because apparently killing ratters is too dangerous without a whole gang, which is too risky.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#118 - 2013-08-10 00:12:58 UTC
Quote:
Hey, he's on TEST's level now. TEST has start ganking industrials as well, because apparently killing ratters is too dangerous without a whole gang, which is too risky.

Yeah... but that's not really an example of how high he's risen, more than an example of how far they've fallen.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#119 - 2013-08-10 00:40:37 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
CCP needs to support individuals who want to go big

I'm thinking of a nukebomb at the price of 1 billion

100.000 HP damager on a 40k radius

So basically, you want a way for a single individual to welp a subcap fleet in a single unstoppable shot. How about instead, you learn to play EVE, and play on a level playing field like everyone else. Some people are suggesting to move this post, but it doesn't even belong in features and ideas. Like most of your posts it need to just go in the trash.

And I know, you're going to respond abut how I'm wrong and how I just don't understand and how I'm super blocked from your delicate ears. As always, your tears will be delicious.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#120 - 2013-08-10 02:39:48 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
CCP needs to support individuals who want to go big

I'm thinking of a nukebomb at the price of 1 billion

100.000 HP damager on a 40k radius

So basically, you want a way for a single individual to welp a subcap fleet in a single unstoppable shot. How about instead, you learn to play EVE, and play on a level playing field like everyone else. Some people are suggesting to move this post, but it doesn't even belong in features and ideas. Like most of your posts it need to just go in the trash.

And I know, you're going to respond abut how I'm wrong and how I just don't understand and how I'm super blocked from your delicate ears. As always, your tears will be delicious.

It will be balanced by its cost.

Like titans.