These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Bringing solo back?

Author
Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-08-09 06:50:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack C Hughes
Solutio Letum wrote:
Ok then forum ninja, il leave you a tip you wont understand.

EVE is a multiplier game that was never intended to be solo, solo only came in because of how complex the games mechanics are, you can really take advantage of it by have knowledge, wealth or skills.

Stop to try to solo in big things, it wont happen until you learn how to solo in smaller things.
Myrm's and Talos's only come with experience of knowing how to fly, you simply don't by the theam of your post.

Dear pro solo player.

In your last post you claimed solo had never died and now you say there should not be solo in the game?
and do you really think local rep bonus is a non-solo bonus? do they help fleet performance? or you think they are just there for PVE?

you go for frig/ distroyers/ maybe some Cruisers in a frig.
if you want to go for some larger targests, you need more tank, more dps.
you are not going to even break a passive drake with an atron, witch I use in faction warfare.(I mean atron not drake)
here you go if you want my kb:
http://killboard.nl/cn/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=382238
http://killboard.nl/cn/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=377881
http://killboard.nl/cn/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=281617
link seems not working you need to copy and paste.
not much though as I don't really have that much of time.

Are you trying to say you could practice using a tranis, which has over half of its ehp on structure,
helps manage your triple rep on a myrmidon?

They are different, the important point for frig pvp is fast and create short time 1on1 situation.
as most frigs is down within 60 seconds.
but for larger ships this is going to be harder.
when facing a harbinger with 70K ehp you are not expecting to take him down unless you have a few minutes.

And by the way, what we are talking about does not affect my idea of "solo limited" implants
frig solo is still okay does not prove the overall solo players are enjoying the game.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#22 - 2013-08-09 08:38:27 UTC
Well they are buffing the Myrm now (all armor reps +15% reps), RAH and MAAR have also buffed it.

Use active tanking implants and drugs, but don't dream of taking out 7-8 ships in any solo ship. Seek out single targets, maybe two or three if they are not all BCs. Lowsec is better for finding solo pew, nullbears are bad which leads to risk aversion and blobbing.

Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-08-09 08:42:59 UTC
Roime wrote:
Well they are buffing the Myrm now (all armor reps +15% reps), RAH and MAAR have also buffed it.

Use active tanking implants and drugs, but don't dream of taking out 7-8 ships in any solo ship. Seek out single targets, maybe two or three if they are not all BCs. Lowsec is better for finding solo pew, nullbears are bad which leads to risk aversion and blobbing.

Yeah i do agree.
Thank you for your points.
Shpenat
Ironman Inc.
Transgress
#24 - 2013-08-09 09:34:52 UTC
The most problematic thing I see here is how do you limit this module from PvE? What mechanics do you use to determine whether the ship is used for PvE?
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#25 - 2013-08-09 09:59:19 UTC
Solo is dying since 2005...

And yet you still can go solo and be successful, all comes down to proper hunting and selection of targets.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-08-09 11:35:40 UTC
Solutio Letum wrote:

EVE is a multiplier game that was never intended to be solo, solo only came in because of how complex the games mechanics are, you can really take advantage of it by have knowledge, wealth or skills.

Stop to try to solo in big things, it wont happen until you learn how to solo in smaller things.
Myrm's and Talos's only come with experience of knowing how to fly, you simply don't by the theam of your post.

This is not true. Early EvE solo was very viable and was intended to be so. As time progressed CCP jumped on the alliance thing and have since been nerfing solo mechanics and buffing blob mechanics. Who knows why.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-08-09 11:36:06 UTC
Shpenat wrote:
The most problematic thing I see here is how do you limit this module from PvE? What mechanics do you use to determine whether the ship is used for PvE?

when you go pve in high sec, you can see when npc hits you (or the other way around) there will be a yellow sign on the top left of your screen.

that is the evidence that the system simply knows.
Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-08-09 11:39:09 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Solo is dying since 2005...

And yet you still can go solo and be successful, all comes down to proper hunting and selection of targets.

I would say the other way around.

Success solo usually happens when other people make mistakes, not you being able to "proper hunt"

The overall skills and experience that players in the server has increased since 2005, people are making less mistakes, and therefore solo is not working.

That reminds me of the fire switching of NPCs, which makes cloaky bombers sucks.
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#29 - 2013-08-09 12:05:00 UTC
Solo doesn't have to be 1v1. To me, solo means engaging groups larger than yourself, and using tactical positioning, situational awareness, and greater skill to outsmart your opponents.

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-08-09 12:11:28 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Solo doesn't have to be 1v1. To me, solo means engaging groups larger than yourself, and using tactical positioning, situational awareness, and greater skill to outsmart your opponents.

yeah it is, and your definition of solo is very similar to mine.
I would say that proper solo is just one people without links. it doesn't matter how many people are on the other side(s)
but it is becoming harder and harder to solo.
as people on the other side is making less mistakes and make it harder to take adv of skills.
Dav Varan
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-08-09 12:20:36 UTC
Swiftstrike1 wrote:
If solo PvP is dying out, that's because the eve community is growing. Fleets and small gangs become more common as the population of New Eden increases. The more fleets and small gangs there are, the fewer solo PvPers. Maybe it's sad, but it's also progress.

it was Pay to win links that killed Solo PVP for me.

Dragging around a loki alt just to remain on a level playing field with everyone else killed all the fun.

Voxinian
#32 - 2013-08-09 13:32:54 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Solutio Letum wrote:

This is not true. Early EvE solo was very viable and was intended to be so. As time progressed CCP jumped on the alliance thing and have since been nerfing solo mechanics and buffing blob mechanics. Who knows why.

Not a good development if you ask me. Both aspects should be able to coexist in EVE. The whole alliance/corp is to mandatory while ´solo´ is just as much a multi-player playstyle as fighting big battles in a fleet as a part of a corp or an alliance. So Solo should not be discouraged by game mechanics, we need more solo.
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-08-09 13:37:41 UTC
Jack C Hughes wrote:
Solutio Letum wrote:

Dear pro solo player.

In your last post you claimed solo had never died and now you say there should not be solo in the game?
and do you really think local rep bonus is a non-solo bonus? do they help fleet performance? or you think they are just there for PVE?

you are not going to even break a passive drake with an atron, .

Since you are such an expert about the subject

Local Reps are really used often in pvp, look at burst tanks, they are used often even in AT

"if you want to go for some larger targests, you need more tank, more dps."
No you dont need something better, try using a talos and kite a bit, or use a Enyo with 350 dps, and speed tank your "bigger: targets that you find.

"you go for frig/ distroyers/ maybe some Cruisers in a frig."
No my Ceptor is made to go against farmers, but in general it can kill other kiting ships because of its 200 DPS.
It has a fast lock that i abuse with its incredible speed

Thats how you pvp, you find people that dont expect a fight, then bring it to them, you dont just jump on the first drake 15km from star gates you see.

So you are comparing an Atron to my little ceptor? well let me tell you this, after you ready this let me know what you think of 200 dps on a frigate, not enougth for you right? i mean, muahaha, a Vexor even has 400? no you are lying and being blind yet again, a vexor hits about 200 -300 dps max, with medium guns being more equal to the size of your enemy you never hit full damage, while most frigates hit cruisers for full damage, meaning you lose less of your 200- 300 dps.

Under estimating ceptors is the reson i get kills, because people just dont beleive these things have the dps to kill them
1 - It has a gun.
2 - You cant hit it.
3 - You should run. Or stay with your friends if you have any.

The reason its great is because most people want to chase me for a while, because of this reason i made a PvP fit of that now i get chased for 70km and then kill any small thing that fallows.
Its using the ships people dont think can kill them to kill them, that's what solo is, stop using your myrmidon, everyone knows they probably cant kill you, make your own fittings up instead.
Voxinian
#34 - 2013-08-09 13:38:03 UTC
Dav Varan wrote:
Swiftstrike1 wrote:
If solo PvP is dying out, that's because the eve community is growing. Fleets and small gangs become more common as the population of New Eden increases. The more fleets and small gangs there are, the fewer solo PvPers. Maybe it's sad, but it's also progress.

Dragging around a loki alt just to remain on a level playing field with everyone else killed all the fun.

EVE should not allow multiple accounts to be online from the same physical address, this takes the fun away in a lot of things and unbalances the chances between players. Where you have one player with 6 bot accounts making loads of Isks versus the player with 1 account making peanuts. And same with solo pvp, where 1 versus 1 is screwed up, because the so called bad asses poofs his alts into the battle. It has lame written all over it.
Cry Meariver
Free T20 Industries
#35 - 2013-08-09 13:53:55 UTC
The biggest problem I have with this idea is it would spit in the face of people who took a lot of time and energy to train up a boosting alt for their own soloing/small gang exploits. These implants would effectively nurf fleet boosters into the ground concerning small gang/solo pvp which would upset a lot of folks (including me lol).

I'm all for new ideas, but either get yourself a booster alt or fly solo ships that are viable without links (they do exist!).

Also, if you don't have links you just need to pick your battles a bit more carefully :)
Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#36 - 2013-08-09 13:54:45 UTC
Solutio Letum wrote:
Jack C Hughes wrote:
Solutio Letum wrote:

Dear pro solo player.

you are not going to even break a passive drake with an atron, .

Since you are such an expert about the subject

Local Reps are really used often in pvp, look at burst tanks, they are used often even in AT

"if you want to go for some larger targests, you need more tank, more dps."
No you dont need something better, try using a talos and kite a bit, or use a Enyo with 350 dps, and speed tank your "bigger: targets that you find.

"you go for frig/ distroyers/ maybe some Cruisers in a frig."
No my Ceptor is made to go against farmers, but in general it can kill other kiting ships because of its 200 DPS.
It has a fast lock that i abuse with its incredible speed

Thats how you pvp, you find people that dont expect a fight, then bring it to them, you dont just jump on the first drake 15km from star gates you see.

So you are comparing an Atron to my little ceptor? well let me tell you this, after you ready this let me know what you think of 200 dps on a frigate, not enougth for you right? i mean, muahaha, a Vexor even has 400? no you are lying and being blind yet again, a vexor hits about 200 -300 dps max, with medium guns being more equal to the size of your enemy you never hit full damage, while most frigates hit cruisers for full damage, meaning you lose less of your 200- 300 dps.

Under estimating ceptors is the reson i get kills, because people just dont beleive these things have the dps to kill them
1 - It has a gun.
2 - You cant hit it.
3 - You should run. Or stay with your friends if you have any.

The reason its great is because most people want to chase me for a while, because of this reason i made a PvP fit of that now i get chased for 70km and then kill any small thing that fallows.
Its using the ships people dont think can kill them to kill them, that's what solo is, stop using your myrmidon, everyone knows they probably cant kill you, make your own fittings up instead.

I admit I am not an expert, but i am not simply some random idiot.

We can go on this topic all day but that does not help the situation. and it is not what I am talking about.
what you are talking about is when you are trying to catch unexpected people.
but what i am trying to do is give a solition for people who solo, when they fly a AC, jump a gate and find 2-3 guys, well fitted (maybe with a rapier or pilgrim cloaked) and ready to fight. people win (sometimes) with luck and links but more people just died in this situation.

And you say you are agains farmers, well that is one of the aspects of solo pvp but it is not what I am looking at.

people are complaining about is not "frigs can't fight cruisers" or "soloers don't have enough dps"
so i am not booting them either
what people are talking about is soloers don't have a counter measure to bolbs.
That is what I am trying to solve.
Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-08-09 14:00:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack C Hughes
Cry Meariver wrote:
The biggest problem I have with this idea is it would spit in the face of people who took a lot of time and energy to train up a boosting alt for their own soloing/small gang exploits. These implants would effectively nurf fleet boosters into the ground concerning small gang/solo pvp which would upset a lot of folks (including me lol).

I'm all for new ideas, but either get yourself a booster alt or fly solo ships that are viable without links (they do exist!).

Also, if you don't have links you just need to pick your battles a bit more carefully :)

No they will not nurf fleet bouns.
They provide approximatly 80% of the bonus
and fleet bouns will not work on the people with this implant as they will not join fleet.
they have lots of sides effects:
your teamate can't jump to you
you are not in watch list. etc
if you are going to small gang,
and you do have a link alt
you will still go for the later choice.

by the way this is an implant, so it costs, and take one of the solt (more maybe you could make it take more than one slot if needed), we have methods that can make it different from fleet bonus.
With this implant in your head you are excluded from joining fleets and even farming or PVE

And personally I do have a link alt, damnation not loki though...
Jack C Hughes
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-08-09 14:03:45 UTC
Voxinian wrote:
Dav Varan wrote:
Swiftstrike1 wrote:

EVE should not allow multiple accounts to be online from the same physical address, this takes the fun away in a lot of things and unbalances the chances between players. Where you have one player with 6 bot accounts making loads of Isks versus the player with 1 account making peanuts. And same with solo pvp, where 1 versus 1 is screwed up, because the so called bad asses poofs his alts into the battle. It has lame written all over it.

As much as I want to agree with this point
I am very worried about my jump freighters
That means I need a friend to light up the cyno...
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-08-09 14:33:54 UTC
CCP will never get rid of multiple accounts. The requirement to have boosters on grid will go some way towards addressing the booster nerds who think they're soloing though. So kudos to them for that.

One of the things I think we need is to give boosts to people who have leadership skills trained regardless of fleet or not. That will never be as good as a booster with links in a fleet but it'd be something. For the months of training.

I think CCP also needs to look at unnerfing the pre nerfed ships to make them viable in PvP. Revisit Black Ops, allow them to warp cloaked, remove rediculous lock times, adjust Recons so they're equal to the curse in ability.

CCP had a philosophy once around solo pawn mobiles which was in my opinion wrong. Balance the ships so they're viable solo, if they're viable solo they're viable duo, trio and blob.

At least in our universe many will always beat few given equal skill, there's absolutely no reason IMO to deliberately skew the balance in favour of the many, there is never going to be a solo pwnmobile, even a super will get owned soloing.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Voxinian
#40 - 2013-08-09 14:57:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Voxinian
Jack C Hughes wrote:
Voxinian wrote:
Dav Varan wrote:
Swiftstrike1 wrote:

As much as I want to agree with this point
I am very worried about my jump freighters
That means I need a friend to light up the cyno...

Well yeah, thats an other thing that bothers me actually, that you cant jump without a second account. There should be limited jump possibilities for solo pilots too. There you are with your nice Widow and can´t even use the main feature, jump.
Previous page123Next page