These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Eldrith Jhandar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1081 - 2013-08-08 13:09:33 UTC
The Astarte did get a nice buff, I'm pretty happy where it is except for the fact it along with all other commandships are missing a slot they deserve
To reiterate
T1 bc. 17 slots
Faction. 18 slots
T2 bc. 17. Slots

All other t2 ships get extra slots, so why don't commandships? I'd like to know why they didn't give the proper slot layout to these ships...
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#1082 - 2013-08-08 13:22:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Jerick Ludhowe
Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
The Astarte did get a nice buff, I'm pretty happy where it is except for the fact it along with all other commandships are missing a slot they deserve
To reiterate
T1 bc. 17 slots
Faction. 18 slots
T2 bc. 17. Slots

All other t2 ships get extra slots, so why don't commandships? I'd like to know why they didn't give the proper slot layout to these ships...

The large dmg bonuses and lower numbers of turrets/launchers is essentially giving you a slot tho. Also, your comparison is also not counting rig slots as slots, which it should...

so if we count raw slots w/o taking dmg bonuses into account

t1 20, t2 19, navy 21
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#1083 - 2013-08-08 13:25:22 UTC
Ersahi Kir wrote:
...If you think that damnations haven't been tested on grid in massive fleet battles, you haven't been paying attention.

Caldess wrote:
...Its pretty simple how we know it. If you are almost able to headshot a Damnation, what do you think will happen to any other Commandship?

And that can only be solved by bricking them?

How about fixing the Target Spectrum thingie and slapping a 4x effect on CC's as a role bonus alongside the 'Can fit links' bonus.
Frees them all up to be gank or tank monsters as originally intended instead of having some being way over the top gank wise and others not even able to support to their own weight.
Dav Varan
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#1084 - 2013-08-08 13:41:20 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Nighthawk:
+75 PWG
  • Shifting strength between the two dps bonuses adds 1 effective launcher (now 11) and especially increases damage dealt with non-kin missiles. Post-patch Nighthawk does the same damage with non-kin missiles as current nighthawk, and 1 more effective launcher with kin. (Plus all the other buffs)
  • Kinetic missile bonus changed to 7.5% per level of Caldari BC
    Missile RoF bonus changed to 7.5% per level of Command Ships

Some moves in the right direction, thanks for these.

5 mids 5 lows is still an odd setup for a shield tanked missile boat.
    1 low for the DC , 3 lows for BCS and 1 low for ?
    While shield gun boats aimed at damage ( sliep ) can make use of a 5th low with a te a missile boat has very little use for a 5th low.

Is the NighHawk designed from the outset to be the only CS that requires a Fitting mod ( RCU ) by default for decent fits , effectivelly leaving it a slot down over competitors ?

6 mids / 4 lows and 1000 grid is where the NighHawk needs to be.

or if damage is the game for the NH break the mold and go 8/5/4 giving the NH its damage potential from 5 launchers on a 3link boat.

Eldrith Jhandar
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #1085 - 2013-08-08 13:51:24 UTC
    Even with nice damage bonuses (which t1 battle cruisers and maybe some cruisers have) it doesn't compensate for the loss of slots... And in the eos' case it gets standard drone dps bonus and nothing more, then they take a further slot away
    If they had gun dps bonuses that last part would make sense for the eos, but they don't

I'd rather have the eos's unique bonus lineup with the proper 18 (+ rigs) slot layout than going for a more standard drone and gun damage bonus eos with 17 slots

You guys did a good job figuring out what active armor tankers need to work, look at the Hyperion 7/5/7
    The mid/low slot layout is what the eos needs

Give the eos a. 6/5/7 slot layout with current bonuses
    Or if you refuse to give the eos the 18th slot make it 5/5/7 with 4 guns and integrate a damage bonus into the mht tracking bonus

Other commandships should get their slots to where they need it
    Damnation +1 high/launcher
    Astarte +1 low
    Nighthawk +1 mid +more pwg
    Abso +1 mid seems like the consensus
    The others I don't know enough about them
    Jerick Ludhowe
    Internet Tuff Guys
    #1086 - 2013-08-08 14:07:14 UTC
    Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
    Even with nice damage bonuses (which t1 battle cruisers and maybe some cruisers have) it doesn't compensate for the loss of slots... And in the eos' case it gets standard drone dps bonus and nothing more, then they take a further slot away
    If they had gun dps bonuses that last part would make sense for the eos, but they don't

I'd rather have the eos's unique bonus lineup with the proper 18 (+ rigs) slot layout than going for a more standard drone and gun damage bonus eos with 17 slots

You guys did a good job figuring out what active armor tankers need to work, look at the Hyperion 7/5/7

Or if you refuse to give the eos the 18th slot make it 5/5/7 with 4 guns and integrate a damage bonus into the mht tracking bonus

Astarte +1 low

In the case of the Astarte, the 2 dmg boni it gets most certainly do make up for the loss of a slot. In the case of the EOS, I most certainly agree with you tho...

FleetAdmiralHarper
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #1087 - 2013-08-08 14:17:07 UTC
    Dav Varan wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

Nighthawk:
    +75 PWG
  • Shifting strength between the two dps bonuses adds 1 effective launcher (now 11) and especially increases damage dealt with non-kin missiles. Post-patch Nighthawk does the same damage with non-kin missiles as current nighthawk, and 1 more effective launcher with kin. (Plus all the other buffs)

the last low is for a power diag.. its exactly the set up it needs to be. or else you cant fit those command links, or get away with some fits.

you could also put a shield relay in that slot if in a pulsar or somthing.

the slots dont need change. and the 1 missile slot doesnt need removed...
    Serenity Zipher
    #1088 - 2013-08-08 14:17:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Serenity Zipher
    Fozzie!!! The absolution 1000% needs a +1 mid slot., especially if you want it fit beam lasers. Either add a mid for a capbooster/cap-recharger , increase capacitor recharge rate or reduce cap usage of beam lasers, any of these will suffice.
    Thalesia
    Real Bad Company
    #1089 - 2013-08-08 14:19:36 UTC
    The absolution absolutely needs another mid slot to stay competative, 3 mid slots on a battlecruiser and a tier 2 one at that is just ridiculous. Probably been said somewhere in here but cba to read thru 50 pages.
    Eldrith Jhandar
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #1090 - 2013-08-08 14:22:26 UTC
    The only bad thing about the Astarte is the weak tank, even with the rep bonus, to get anywhere with the dps it has to murder it's tank, tho I have not done extensive eft warrioring, but if not a low perhaps a mid, but the Astarte is in a pretty good shape along with (what seems to be) the claymore and sleipnir

The eos, vulture, nighthawk, absolution, and damnation each seem to have a problem here or there
    Most of which a slot (or two for the eos) will fix
    Vulture seems to be lacking enough dps and nighthawk needs a mid and pwg
    Serenity Zipher
    #1091 - 2013-08-08 14:28:20 UTC
    Thalesia wrote:
    The absolution absolutely needs another mid slot to stay competative, 3 mid slots on a battlecruiser and a tier 2 one at that is just ridiculous. Probably been said somewhere in here but cba to read thru 50 pages.

I agree 100%, currently my absolution has to sacrifice 2 of its rig slots and 1 mid for capacitor recharge. Even then I am no where near cap stable, lasting 1 minute and 40 seconds with beams, a dead space repper and a dead space MWD all running
    Jerick Ludhowe
    Internet Tuff Guys
    #1092 - 2013-08-08 14:33:28 UTC
    Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
    The only bad thing about the Astarte is the weak tank, even with the rep bonus, to get anywhere with the dps it has to murder it's tank, tho I have not done extensive eft warrioring, but if not a low perhaps a mid, but the Astarte is in a pretty good shape along with (what seems to be) the claymore and sleipnir

The eos, vulture, nighthawk, absolution, and damnation each seem to have a problem here or there
    Most of which a slot (or two for the eos) will fix
    Vulture seems to be lacking enough dps and nighthawk needs a mid and pwg

No doubt that many of the ships are not in a "Great" place as of the most current proposal. The ones you listed, astarte, claymore, and sleipnir most certainly are "fine" with the current proposal beyond the fact that each race needs and hp bonus ship.

As for the eos, there is no justification for it having 1 less slot compared to the other commands. The golden rule of "well it's a drone ship" does not apply when other ships in it's class are receiving HUGE dmg buffs to limited numbers of turrets. It probably could use another midslot to allow for some more "flavor" compared to the astarte. However, if it would drop it's mongoloid tracking bonus for an hp bonus i don't think it needs any new slots at all.

Now for the abso... It looks reasonable, pretty much the same as it is on tq atm. The problem is that it should not just be "reasonable" it should be bad ass for it's intended focus which beyond providing links is obviously a close range armor brawler. I'm not really on board with adding slots anymore, I'd much rather see it get the same turret bonuses as the new Astarte, and move to 11 effective turrets rather than 10... It's lacking a range bonus compared to other laser ships which is extremely important in zealot/legion meta. Because of this it needs to be extremely destructive at close range and should rival the Astarte in terms of effective turrets.
    Dav Varan
    State Protectorate
    Caldari State
    #1093 - 2013-08-08 14:49:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Dav Varan
    FleetAdmiralHarper wrote:
    Dav Varan wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

Nighthawk:
    +75 PWG

the last low is for a power diag.. its exactly the set up it needs to be. or else you cant fit those command links, or get away with some fits.

Thats the whole point, fitting mods are a choice on other commands not a neccessity.

Its neccessary to use 1 low for a RCU or PDU therefore making the layout effectivelly 7/5/4 compared to 7/6/4 for vulture/clay which dont need to boost there grid to fit.

Numbers
    NH 900grid x 1.15 from a RCU = 1035 grid.
    Claymore = 1100 grid.

slots left
    NH 5/4
    Clay 6/4
    Eldrith Jhandar
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #1094 - 2013-08-08 14:52:55 UTC
    I feel the eos would benefit more from an added low than mid but it should get both, and if it got an hp bonus then it has to choose which bonus to use, meaning it is still in bad shape, as it can only use 3 of its bonuses, the current bonuses and 5mids 7 lows would make it a very unique ship
    And I doubt it would go well with an hp bonus as it has a heavy drone tracking bonus, larger fleets would need sentries
    So you would end up using only two bonuses in larger fleets....

The abso needs a fourth mid, especially if its going for close range brawler mwd cap booster web point are required

Eldrith Jhandar
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #1095 - 2013-08-08 14:55:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Eldrith Jhandar
    The concern I have with the Astarte in terms of lows is active vs passive tank along with its nice dps
    6 lows means a very weak tank either way, 7 lows means nice balance for dps and active tank, but might be too much passive tank, but without a resist bonus maybe not....

Part of the reason this is the case is how it can fit battleship plates but cruiser armor reps... (Imnot saying lets change that) but we need to take cruiser reps into consideration
    Tepalica
    ACME-CORP
    #1096 - 2013-08-08 15:05:04 UTC
    Each time I look at the Absolution or Zealot, or any Amarr laser boat (including the new Prophecy and Armageddon drone carriers which are now 100% better off with missiles and/or projectile turrets instead of lasers)....only one thing comes to mind.

Once and for all, REMOVE those stupid useless 10% bonuses to ****** Energy Turret capacitor use, give a special ability to ALL Amarr laser boats that give 50% of cap reduction for energy turret use to make their racial doctrine weapons usable too good effect only on Amarr hulls and give those ships a decent 2nd bonus - tracking, optimal, armor resists....all depending on the ship's role because right now, all you have are a bunch of cap hungry beasts with normal ship bonuses and a bunch of not so cap hungry gimped ships that only have 1 (3) bonus where there should be 2 (4).
    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #1097 - 2013-08-08 15:13:53 UTC
    Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
    Eldrith Jhandar wrote:

Astarte +1 low

In the case of the Astarte, the 2 dmg boni it gets most certainly do make up for the loss of a slot. In the case of the EOS, I most certainly agree with you tho...

You know it's been so long since I even considered the EOS, I didn't even look at the changes for it. ShockedLol

I agree that simply removing the high slot and not moving it, is a poor move. It's been a lacklustre ship for quite some time and removing a slot doesn't help change that.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Jerick Ludhowe
    Internet Tuff Guys
    #1098 - 2013-08-08 15:20:05 UTC
    Eldrith Jhandar wrote:
    The concern I have with the Astarte in terms of lows is active vs passive tank along with its nice dps
    6 lows means a very weak tank either way, 7 lows means nice balance for dps and active tank, but might be too much passive tank, but without a resist bonus maybe not....

Part of the reason this is the case is how it can fit battleship plates but cruiser armor reps... (Imnot saying lets change that) but we need to take cruiser reps into consideration

I think the biggest issue with cruiser/bc sized active tanking is massive difference between medium and large cap boosters... I'd like to see a change allowing t2 medium cap boosters to fit 2x navy 800s.

As for the lows on the Astarte, I won't lie, I would "love" to see a 7 low astarte, however I see it being extremely op. right now, with a single dmg mod, the astarte can easily put out 1k dps while sporting a tanking that can deal with a couple BCs. In the case of kin/therm dmg, the astarte can tank 2 vindis if you're pilled and linked.
    Harvey James
    The Sengoku Legacy
    #1099 - 2013-08-08 15:26:52 UTC
    mm.. the claymore is nearly as fast as the eagle.... strange!!

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Mole Guy
    Republic University
    Minmatar Republic
    #1100 - 2013-08-08 15:29:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Mole Guy
    i just had a thought:
    before i share it, i fly amarr cs mostly. but i can and do fly them all.

give a 10% per cs level to all incoming remote reps.
    we can fit a descent tank if we are fleet boosting and any healing that comes to us will keep us alive.
    the active tank would be good for solo battles or small gang warfare. im not saying get rid of it, but as a role for command ships, give them the ability to amplify incoming reps.

that way, in fleet setups, it would take advantage of incoming reps without having to have 400k EHP (which i think is a lot for a bc btw), it would still be able to self rep in solo or small gang situations AND maintain its tank or link setup as it likes.

fleet doctrines would mean several links AND maintaining tank
    small gang would mean to use of a command ship without the need for logi.

maybe get rid of the active tank bonus all together and just have a bonus for incoming reps.
    all ships maintain max dps (astarte level) with chosen weapon system. i know ccp is trying to make multi weapon choices and i REALLY am looking forward to smokin someone with my hamnation, or settling into using my absolution with killer resists now...

if you think about it, with the high resists they have, they need 1/2 the healing normal ships do to maintain their tank and with them gaining from incoming reps, we could keep them alive A LOT longer than you guys think.
    this would give the damnation another bonus instead of the tank bonus. maybe another missile bonus or something.

with my incursion abso, good resist, links up and the armor implant, (1 1600 plate and good skillz), i had it at 110k EHP. this was gank fit for incursions. the ehp will be higher now because of links so i would expect 180k ehp or so or alot more with 2 1600 plates.

thats a descent buffer, not huge, but descent. now, if it gained 50% to reps at cs 5, thats a crap load of incoming reps.
    as soon a the battle starts, logi lock a cs. 10 current logi healing equates to 15 post patch logi healing. this will keep them alive, allow them to fulfill their roles in fleet AND for those who like solo fighting, maintain their dps output.