These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#941 - 2013-08-07 16:23:04 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
CCP Fozzie, any chance of changing command processors into rigs?
or you could make command enhancers too that could be the low slot version. they pretty much do the same thing. cp would cost more cpu and ce would cost more pg. but would allow shield ships to fit CE and armor based ships to fit CP.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#942 - 2013-08-07 16:23:19 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Trolly McForumalt wrote:
Unless you are trying to keep that module off hulls larger than cruiser size - are you?

Yes.

RML's need to be deleted a Navy caracal can do the job with its bonus quite well .... although javelins could do with a damage buff.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#943 - 2013-08-07 16:23:19 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Heribeck Weathers wrote:
Love the changes... except for... WHY you no make vulture worth flying out side of link only fits?!? Its an eagle with two utility highs. please give it a bigger damage bonus, or maybe take a range bonus to a trackign bonus, or anything to make people atempt to brawl ocasionaly with it.

in the ATXI it was used with missiles ..... tell you something about those optimal bonuses at all fozzie???

Well, to be fair, medium rails will be getting a buff which should make them more attractive. One thing those optimal bonuses allow is the use of short range ammo at much longer ranges, which does have it's advantages.

I think I'd be happier if one were a tracking bonus (as that would help with blaster fits as well), but we'll see how it plays out.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#944 - 2013-08-07 16:23:44 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
Is the OP going to be updated to reflect the 3% per level, or was I reading that wrong?

I forgot to copy that part over from the CSM thread. Oops

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#945 - 2013-08-07 16:27:01 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
CCP Fozzie, any chance of changing command processors into rigs?

I talked a little about stuff like that in the thread on links and bonuses.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3458485#post3458485

TL:DR quite possibly.

That will help out tremendously when it comes to balancing links, T3 ships, Shield vs Armor and command ships.
If it can be done that is.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Trolly McForumalt
Doomheim
#946 - 2013-08-07 16:27:05 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Trolly McForumalt wrote:
Unless you are trying to keep that module off hulls larger than cruiser size - are you?

Yes.

Hmm. Makes me curious that you (or someone) is getting ready to swing the nerfhammer on RLML or light missiles in general. Can you provide any insight into that? I know it's off topic but... *curious*.

Also add grid to the NH. It needs at least 100 more to make it not pathetic next to every other ship in the class (it will still have the lowest by a decent percent at that point).
Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#947 - 2013-08-07 16:27:07 UTC
Give each race a fleet and a skirmish CS - not break races in to skirmish and fleet ffs.

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction

Wrayeth
Inexorable Retribution
#948 - 2013-08-07 16:28:21 UTC
Nice changes to the nighthawk bonuses. I honestly wasn't expecting a DPS increase. If I might ask, though, what's the reasoning behind not moving a lowslot to a mid? Do you feel that it would step on the toes of other ships? Are you concerned that it might be overpowered?

Personally, I can't imagine the Nighthawk being worth the ISK if it continues to have only 5 mids; even the Drake has more. As such, even with the bonus changes, I can't see myself purchasing one. I'll probably stick to my Sleipnir and Absolution, and maybe throw in a Claymore.
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#949 - 2013-08-07 16:29:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Andendare
Wrayeth wrote:
Nice changes to the nighthawk bonuses. I honestly wasn't expecting a DPS increase. If I might ask, though, what's the reasoning behind not moving a lowslot to a mid? Do you feel that it would step on the toes of other ships? Are you concerned that it might be overpowered?

Personally, I can't imagine the Nighthawk being worth the ISK if it continues to have only 5 mids; even the Drake has more. As such, even with the bonus changes, I can't see myself purchasing one. I'll probably stick to my Sleipnir and Absolution, and maybe throw in a Claymore.
Keep 5 lows for when tracking enhancers affect missiles. Presto! Longer range Nighthawk! But seriously, since it's definitely a shield ship, 5 mids is pretty scarce.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#950 - 2013-08-07 16:31:06 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
Heribeck Weathers wrote:
Love the changes... except for... WHY you no make vulture worth flying out side of link only fits?!? Its an eagle with two utility highs. please give it a bigger damage bonus, or maybe take a range bonus to a trackign bonus, or anything to make people atempt to brawl ocasionaly with it.

in the ATXI it was used with missiles ..... tell you something about those optimal bonuses at all fozzie???

Well, to be fair, medium rails will be getting a buff which should make them more attractive. One thing those optimal bonuses allow is the use of short range ammo at much longer ranges, which does have it's advantages.

I think I'd be happier if one were a tracking bonus (as that would help with blaster fits as well), but we'll see how it plays out.

I'm sick of caldari gun boats being forced into fitting Rails ....... i would like some good blasterboats ffs..... they seem to stop at the Moa. When you look at the awesome Vulture hull you think it should be a monster of a ship not some pitiful ship pinging spike from 150km what is the point of that???

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#951 - 2013-08-07 16:32:57 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
Wrayeth wrote:

Keep 5 lows for when tracking enhancers affect missiles. Presto! Longer range Nighthawk! But seriously, since it's definitely a shield ship, 5 mids is pretty scarce.

If Fozzie wants the nighthawk to remain a tankless wonder that only kites than why does the damnation get the velocity bonus???

Seriously Fozzie why does the damnation get a range bonus for??? its a brick that wants to brawl ....

Trolly McForumalt
Doomheim
#952 - 2013-08-07 16:33:07 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Trolly McForumalt wrote:

Yes.

RML's need to be deleted a Navy caracal can do the job with its bonus quite well .... although javelins could do with a damage buff.

It's true. Missile users don't deserve nice things.
Wrayeth
Inexorable Retribution
#953 - 2013-08-07 16:34:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Wrayeth
Maximus Andendare wrote:
Keep 5 lows for when tracking enhancers affect missiles. Presto! Longer range Nighthawk!

I'm afraid I don't see that in any way balancing out the Nighthawk's lack of ability to fit a good tank at the same time it fits the necessary tackling/utility gear for PvP. Range is not in any way my priority interest on the NH - we have the Vulture for that. EDIT: And Cerberus (which, oddly enough, has the same number of mids as the larger Nighthawk).

Quote:
But seriously, since it's definitely a shield ship, 5 mids is pretty scarce.

Didn't see that this had been added until after I posted. Big smile
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#954 - 2013-08-07 16:36:02 UTC
Wrayeth wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:

I'm afraid I don't see that in any way balancing out the Nighthawk's lack of ability to fit a good tank at the same time it fits the necessary tackling/utility gear for PvP. Range is not in any way my priority interest on the NH - we have the Vulture for that.

Can you even fit Rails on a vulture along with links???/
but more to the point why would you want to ???

PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#955 - 2013-08-07 16:36:50 UTC
I thought we were doing away with split weapon bonuses? Why then is the Eos STILL stuck with a hybrid bonus when it was and is always has been, a drone boat?

Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#956 - 2013-08-07 16:38:23 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
ignored sleipnir being a armour alternative ( hurricane model) and the fact that minnie is 50/50 should be reflected here

Hell no. Don't change the Sleipnir from the awesome ship it is now to an armour ship.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#957 - 2013-08-07 16:40:11 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
I thought we were doing away with split weapon bonuses? Why then is the Eos STILL stuck with a hybrid bonus when it was and is always has been, a drone boat?

Yeah, it's almost as if the EOS does not even have a 4th bonus. Tracking on 4 turrets? Come on now fozzie Pirate
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#958 - 2013-08-07 16:40:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Trolly McForumalt wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Trolly McForumalt wrote:

Yes.

Hmm. Makes me curious that you (or someone) is getting ready to swing the nerfhammer on RLML or light missiles in general. Can you provide any insight into that? I know it's off topic but... *curious*.

Also add grid to the NH. It needs at least 100 more to make it not pathetic next to every other ship in the class (it will still have the lowest by a decent percent at that point).

I have a feeling that as far a ships that sport medium sized missile hard points goes, they would prefer cruiser hulls be the weapon of choice vs small vessels... with CS filling a different role.

I could well be off base with that though.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Trolly McForumalt
Doomheim
#959 - 2013-08-07 16:42:16 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
Heribeck Weathers wrote:

I'm sick of caldari gun boats being forced into fitting Rails ....... i would like some good blasterboats ffs..... they seem to stop at the Moa. When you look at the awesome Vulture hull you think it should be a monster of a ship not some pitiful ship pinging spike from 150km what is the point of that???

I've never understood this. Do blasters not benefit from an optimal range bonus? Since they have the lowest optimal in the game it seems as if they would. Or is it expected that you're basically sitting right on top of the target when brawling? I probably need to make a separate thread somewhere that discusses this...
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#960 - 2013-08-07 16:43:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Trolly McForumalt wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
Heribeck Weathers wrote:

I've never understood this. Do blasters not benefit from an optimal range bonus? Since they have the lowest optimal in the game it seems as if they would. Or is it expected that you're basically sitting right on top of the target when brawling? I probably need to make a separate thread somewhere that discusses this...

Blaster optimal is so small that a bonus to it gives virtually no noticeable advantage. I do agree that it certainly doesn't hurt, but falloff serves it much better.