These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anime

Author
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2013-08-02 05:14:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Inokuma Yawara
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
TO: Elliptical Orbit

sry fot teh hulu link as i understand not all can watch it..

Anyway found this gem just few hours ago,i hunger for more if you have it link it site,repository amateur or pro payed or not link it il check it out.

Dessau wrote:
If you liked this one, I recommend Planetes.

I second Planettes, most enthusiastically!

If you like human drama, and the drama of space exploration, then I recommend Space Brothers. You follow the lives of two brothers as they grow up following their dreams to become Japanese Astronauts. You get to see them as adults following their passion to become astronauts. NASA (and I think JAXA) provided technical expertise and advice as this show was done. So, you get to see what the NASA astronaut selection and training process is like. It is a very uplifting show to watch (uplifting - space exploration - pun not intended).

If you like graphic horror, then I recommend Attack on Titan. I started watching, not expecting much, but it is a very engrossing story. It's an excellent show, but very tragic. Expect heartbreak, and dread. This show does NOT pull punches.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#62 - 2013-08-03 11:08:03 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cvP8fPOPWE

Here is something absolutely legend.

27 min of my life... so worth it.

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

Neti Keire
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2013-08-06 04:40:12 UTC
Graygor wrote:
Actually, since there seems to be quite a good anime group here.

Im quite the cyberpunk buff. Can you recommend some good cyberpunk anime?

I did a google search but its just lists with no context.

So any help would be appreciated.

Armitage III is a pretty good anime short series with some cyberpunk in it, although it's a bit more pure sci-fi. Angel Cop also has some strong cyberpunk elements, but it's also got super powerful psykers running around so it's a bit of a mixed bag.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#64 - 2013-09-21 07:15:33 UTC
Strait jacket

Link to Hulu.

Found it tonight was impressed with gore and magic / exoskeleton combo,i do believe that movie was made up from light novels and as such it feels from time to time that you should know or "get" something you just don't.

And it have that overall too short feel to it.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Rain6638
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#65 - 2013-09-23 05:49:43 UTC
I'm taking a film course this semester, and the text was pretty quick to categorize all/most stories into a handful of basic storylines

one of them being the 'god figure' ... i.e. an unlikely hero with odds stacked against them, who turns out to be the only one who can save their friends/family/town/country/world....

I like those anime... Bleach, Naruto, Gundam... though, now that I see it's all the same story at a basic level, it's more of a guilty pleasure than ever.

[ 2013.06.21 09:52:05 ] (notify) For initiating combat your security status has been adjusted by -0.1337

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2013-09-23 06:54:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Grimpak
Neti Keire wrote:
Graygor wrote:
Actually, since there seems to be quite a good anime group here.

Im quite the cyberpunk buff. Can you recommend some good cyberpunk anime?

I did a google search but its just lists with no context.

So any help would be appreciated.

Armitage III is a pretty good anime short series with some cyberpunk in it, although it's a bit more pure sci-fi. Angel Cop also has some strong cyberpunk elements, but it's also got super powerful psykers running around so it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Armitage III
Ghost in the shell (series and movies, but you've seen it all already, eh?)
Battle Angel Alita
Appleseed
Dominion Tank police (for the goofiness of it)

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#67 - 2013-09-23 21:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen

Considering the success of the first two seasons, this one seems to be quite underestimated.
Its style is different from the previous two installations, however, but it stays true to the manga.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Baby ChuChu
Ice Cream Asylum
#68 - 2013-09-23 23:22:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Baby ChuChu
Anyone not watching Uchouten Kazoku this season is officially on my "people I would push away from the lifeboat if we were all on a ship and it sunk and I got to the lifeboat first" list. It's nothing personal. Well...in reality it is, but don't hold it against me.

The fall season is almost here and I believe a few shows have already started airing. I picked up Diabolik Lovers (for now) and it's a *very* cliche reverse harem/vampire anime. More than that though, it's like...eerily kinda really "rapey." Like...a lot. I almost want to suggest it to everyone because of how creepy it is. It's like Twilight except the *entire cast* spends the entire time discussing how much they want a piece of the main heroine.

Well, I guess Twilight was like that too, but this seems to take a bit too far.
Alnieva Bezaliel-Infiera Anteovnuecci
Anamnescence
#69 - 2013-09-23 23:53:48 UTC
Uchuu Senkan Yamato (space battleship Yamato) : I literally grew up with this and it's my favorite anime of ALL TIME. I listen to the soundtrack while I play EVE Big smile
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#70 - 2013-09-24 09:24:56 UTC
Just in case that it's been missed in this thread, I can only suggest looking for & watching the 2 OVAs + 110 glorious episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I suggest starting here (fan made playlist with preview spoilers removed).

It's not "a" Space Opera series, but "the" Space Opera series.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#71 - 2013-09-25 01:17:38 UTC
Because of this thread I am currently eating through the large folder of anime i torrented but never watched and only uploaded after getting it.

Just finished Soul eater, thought it was a fun watch. Moving on to Dusk maiden of amnesia.

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#72 - 2013-10-10 18:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Alnieva Bezaliel-Infiera Anteovnuecci wrote:
Uchuu Senkan Yamato (space battleship Yamato) : I literally grew up with this and it's my favorite anime of ALL TIME. I listen to the soundtrack while I play EVE Big smile

there's another version ??? i'll have to track that down

im watching SBY:2199 atm
it's a 2012-2103 production that feels more like old school 80's stuff
I quite like it

[edit]
I have leaned the mysterious art of google-fu
and learned of many ancient wonders