These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Congrats to PL from Hydra

First post
Author
Sala Cameron
Free-Space-Ranger
#41 - 2013-08-05 04:18:53 UTC
Definately one of my alltime EVE highlights, well fought o7o7 see you next time.
Clith
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-08-05 07:25:55 UTC
DHB WildCat wrote:
Well done guys, maybe next year fozzie wont ban me and I can have some fun too..... now to replace my ships, sigh..... lol

Don't forget to replace Bluemelon's Etana too
Tobias Sjodin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-08-05 07:51:22 UTC
I was betting and rooting for my old alliance and corpmates.
You didn't leave me disappointed. Damn. Good fights.

Ronald Reagan: I do not like Sweden, they support communism. Minister: Sir, but Sweden are anti-communist, Sir.  Ronald Reagan: I do not care what kind of communists they are.

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#44 - 2013-08-05 08:53:29 UTC
Was a couple of decent matches to watch, have to say though Shadoo made me laugh so fkin hard.

Hopefully we will see you guys in the finals next year ^^
Hsu Li
F.U.N. Inc.
The Ancients.
#45 - 2013-08-05 08:58:05 UTC
Great fights from both sides. That last match was awesome!
See you next year.
Cassius Hawkeye
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#46 - 2013-08-05 11:13:20 UTC
Amazing matches. Couldn't call it at the end. I wonder which was more critical to Hydra:

Losing the Flagship / Alliance ships in the semis (but winning)

or

Sleipnir ban in the final game.

Either way it was easily the most interesting final day so far and an amazing final game.
Dark Eirlys
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-08-05 11:46:39 UTC
Absolutely fantastic!
Good job HYDRA.
Congratulations PL Team. We Love you !
Arch Stanton's Neighbour
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#48 - 2013-08-05 12:44:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Arch Stanton's Neighbour
I can't shake the thought that Hydra threw the final matches. They curbstomped pl two times then lost one so bad, I thought, ok they were just pissing around v0v. They lost the second so bad my only thought was "oh they want an epic balls to the wall final match very sporting of them" but them final match was kind of a disappointment as well.

I mean, primarying that command ship? Seriously?

AFAIC there's not enough isk in eve to pay off a team to lose the AT so the only rational explanation I can get is they did it as a big middle finger to CCP for banning them last year. "Oh, you don't want thrown matches on the finals CCP? Well then eat this."

Of course I'm just a nobody and I only wish someday I can come close to them in game play ability but there's no denying the last three matches were a far cry from the earlier ones and eyebrows were raised so I'm saying it.

EDIT: Finishing my tinfoiling by calling that hydra and pl made a deal to give each other half their prize ships so winner wouldn't really matter.
Yazoul Samaiel
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#49 - 2013-08-05 12:57:33 UTC
Hydra is **** and PL are **** , screw both of ya for keeping me 6 hours of watching while you could have ended it all in one match
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#50 - 2013-08-05 13:26:38 UTC
Congratulations to both teams. The AT XI was fun to watch and it has sparked in me again the interest to PvP and to compete (though the latter I will leave for non-EVE pursuits). Thank you very much to all teams and organizers for the enjoyment.

As for the people who think that Hydra might have thrown the fight: Grow up and get rid of your tinfoil hats. Take part of team competition yourself and see first hand the psychological side of stress, tiredness, winning streaks, losing streaks and combinations of these. When you do get that experience, you will understand what happened in the finals. No tinfoil required whatsoever.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Gief ISK
Doomheim
#51 - 2013-08-05 13:37:00 UTC
And thanks to Hydra for buying all my Navy Cap Booster 800s 20minutes before the final match <3
MissBolyai
ElitistOps
Deepwater Hooligans
#52 - 2013-08-05 14:38:35 UTC
I think this victory can be traced back to one Rear Admiral Ray Butts.

Good job to everyone involved.

Except Brent.

Also Hannah McKay poisons Dexter and Deb at the end of episode 6.
Shadoo
North Eastern Swat
#53 - 2013-08-05 15:29:12 UTC
Well done to HYDRA for raising the bar consistently year after year, and dragging the rest of us along with you kicking and screaming.

I don't believe we've ever been forced to practice almost every day 2-3h solid for 2 months just to get to the same level.

o7 to next year
Draekas Darkwater
Frank Exchange of Views
#54 - 2013-08-05 16:01:23 UTC
Congrats to both teams for a great final.

Hell, grats to all the team and commentators. The quality of competition keep getting better and better every year.

Best AT yet.
Starden Arnolles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2013-08-05 17:13:17 UTC
As a still newish player, I just have to post about the outstanding performances in the matches, and the class acts from everyone following the matches.

It was my first tournament viewing, and it held my attention for the best part of 3 weekends. It certainly spoke very well of Eve.

Truly remarkable skills, coordination, execution and dedication, under pressure and stress.

Previous page123