These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Battlingbean
Wings of the Dark Portal
#801 - 2013-08-05 06:03:03 UTC
Kane Fenris wrote:
Battlingbean wrote:
Caldari ships live and die by their medium modules. A 7/7/3 Nighthawk would be an inverse Absolution with 7/3/7 so it shouldn't be overpowered. Now that I think of it 6/6/3 Cerberus could be a thing.

why would anybody want less than 4 lows on the ship????

Basically on a Caldari shield tanked missile ship medium slots are more valuable than lows. 3 slots still allows for DC, BCU and maybe fitting modules.

But this is my Opinion.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#802 - 2013-08-05 06:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Lloyd Roses
Just from toying around, Abso can run with a plate, 2 hardeners, EANM and DCU, 2 heatsinks, scram, mwd, med cap booster, 5 HPL and 2 med neuts, one ancil rig and a trimark. It's nice with some 180k EHP linked, 680dps using conflag and dualmed-neut. :|

Also, more than 5 mids on a nighthawk would be highly broken. 5 mids is a good thing to keep the ship on the ground, given it's boni. It is ridiculously tanky already. And it's not like you really need to sacrifice a mid for tackle on a linkship.

7/7/3 would be an inherent godmode. I strognly disagree of a 150k EHP brawler with full tackle and 650dps.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#803 - 2013-08-05 06:12:56 UTC
how's 6 mids on a nighthawk overpowered compared to a claymore or vulture with 6 mids, or the rest of the command ships

post fit
Viribus
Lords of the Lockerroom
WE FORM YUG0SLAVIA
#804 - 2013-08-05 06:35:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Viribus
A 6-mid nighthawk with full tackle would have around 90k ehp, hardly overpowered considering how slow and expensive it is. Way less than an absolution at least, and only about 10k more than a buffer-fit claymore.

Honestly even with 6 mids the nighthawk will still be mediocre as long as HMLs are garbage
Silenciel
Penguins at school
#805 - 2013-08-05 09:10:11 UTC
So... the Nighthawk is going to do average 12,7% less DPS* than... a Cerberus ?
HAS new specs

Cerberus wich is going to snipe at average 120km.

errrrrmmmm....

* Base 100 on one heavy launcher (ROF bonus is equal for the both ships) :
Nighthawk - 5 launchers and 10 kin dmg bonus : 550
Cerberus - 6 launchers and 5 kin dmg bonus : 630
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#806 - 2013-08-05 09:13:19 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
how's 6 mids on a nighthawk overpowered compared to a claymore or vulture with 6 mids, or the rest of the command ships

post fit

@work.
however, 7 mids highly OP, 6 mids are borderline imo. Never said a word about 6 mids, full tackle and 160k EHP.

2 invulns, 2 LSE, CDFE and EM-rig II used to achieve 160k EHP selflinking w mindlink.
In comparison, the claymore achieves 110k EHP with DCFE and kin-rig II.

So, while HMLs are crap (more or less), HAMs are not. And that still leaves you with 510 dps (navy scourge) on a boosting brickhawk. If you still want to break the nighthawk further apart in terms of fleettank, sure go ahead. Doubt it's the smart choice though.

I'll get back to EFT to make a comparison of gangboosters I guess. Would be helpful if people would look at fitted ships to draw conclusions instead of complaining about slots and bonus.
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#807 - 2013-08-05 09:19:42 UTC
Was away for the weekend and iPads are absolute crap as forum whoring tools!

Damnation: What happened to the idea of allowing them to either link or go face-melt-time? It has more EHP than badly fit carriers but less damage than the Sacrilege. Was kind of expecting it to be an upgrade to the drone based Prophecy, leaving Mims/Cald to wield the missile spamming secondary hulls but 'meh'.
- All the other former triple link hulls got a massive damage/application boost but not the brick, why?

Absolution: Again, you want either links or face-melt, so what is with the 2 empty highs it is left with when fitting guns .. doesn't seem like much of a choice scenario to me when you practically force links in there (NOS = useless, Neuts = cap out).
- Move a high to the mid slot. Make the choice a real one and give it far more options in regards to both fighting and linking .. mids make the world go around. ALternatively add the missile slots back or add a gun.

Caldari: No real comment, looks solid enough. Nighthawks will flood the hi-sec mission space and pose a very real threat to tackle elsewhere while Vulture has the potential to be a very nasty secondary dps boat in brawls.

Ass-tart: Looks good, maybe lower sig some as it is far too big for a ship that is presumably meant to armour rush or you could lower the mass to allow for DP fits that will allow active tank to catch up while staying under the guns.
Eos: Finally found an excuse to push it back into OP-land with five heavies, good on you! Don't really see what ship that doesn't rely on heavy neuting will be able to beat these but then I don't really see a reasonable alternative so I'll hop on the "neuts on everything" train.. last person remaining on that particular platform as far as I know Smile

Minmatar: With ASB's they will forever be broken, 'nuff said. Otherwise respectable tweaks, good to see you deemed missiles worth carrying over from the BC hull for them when you didn't think the Amarr drones were .. one out of two aint bad, not good either though Smile

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#808 - 2013-08-05 11:00:18 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Eos:
Gallente Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer effectiveness
10% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints (was 5% MHT damage)

Command Ships skill bonuses:
7.5% bonus to Heavy Drone tracking and microwarp velocity (was drone bay bonus)
7.5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret tracking (was link bonus)

I really don't get this new style of bonus you're giving to drone boats all of a sudden. If you are going to do stuff like this then the Eos should get a tracking bonus to heavy AND sentry drones.

Personally i feel it should just have bonuses to drone damage and hit points. You should leave it up to players to improve drone tracking/speed through the use of drone upgrade mods.
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#809 - 2013-08-05 11:14:07 UTC
so how are the new new cs's coming?

you know the ones that either brick for fleet work or dps/tank for small gang fun

OMG when can i get a pic here

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#810 - 2013-08-05 11:14:45 UTC
Yeah Scout Drones and Heavy/Sentry should the only kind of Drones.

If you CCP start splitting the Drones like Missiles you have to revamp the Drones ASAP!!
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#811 - 2013-08-05 11:16:16 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:

Absolution: Again, you want either links or face-melt, so what is with the 2 empty highs it is left with when fitting guns .. doesn't seem like much of a choice scenario to me when you practically force links in there (NOS = useless, Neuts = cap out).
- Move a high to the mid slot. Make the choice a real one and give it far more options in regards to both fighting and linking .. mids make the world go around. Alternatively add the missile slots back or add a gun.

Well, using links is the general idea of Command Ships. That's the entire reason they've changed the ships to have the utility highs and improved the damaged bonuses to compensate for less guns What?

I'd kinda like the Eos to have the sentry tracking bonus, but after seeing how deadly they can be with it in the Tourney I'm half worried about it - even though sentries are nowhere near as deadly on TQ.

I don't think the Nighthawk really needs a huge change, certainly not to it's bonuses or highslot layout. I'd not complain at a low being moved to a mid though. Would allow it to buffer very nicely providing it got some extra grid which would please anyone wanting to shield blob anywhere :)

I'm quite happy with Gallente and Minmatar not having any buffer bonuses on a second thought. You use the Caldari/Amarr ships for the big blobs and accept lower maneuverability and use the more mobile Gallente and Matari ships for smaller scale skirmishes. It fits the race characteristics fine, it's the same with the T2 logi cruisers.

Can the Damnation lose it's missile speed bonus and have another damage mod if it is struggling for raw dps? It's a big fleet ship with huge tank so I think it should be fine to get up close for a more brawly range and punch hard.
Atrium Akvidus
NOOBIAN UNION
Bright Side of Death
#812 - 2013-08-05 11:28:31 UTC
Nighthawk
Slot layout: 7 H, 5 M, 5 L , 2 turrets (+1), 5 Launchers (-1)

What a stupid change :( Why you removing laucher slot and adding turret slot for a rocket ship? I really cannot understand why.

To mare
Advanced Technology
#813 - 2013-08-05 11:37:06 UTC
Atrium Akvidus wrote:
Nighthawk

What a stupid change :( Why you removing laucher slot and adding turret slot for a rocket ship? I really cannot understand why.

because all commands have 5 weapons now, thats why you get better bonuses.
the extra turret its just CCP being funny
Proddy Scun
Doomheim
#814 - 2013-08-05 12:09:48 UTC
IDK if these are really supposed to be comamnd ships I think they should have ganglink slots or similar restrictions. At least a strong as a bias toward the role specific slot use as SB get toward torps and bomb launcher armament.

Maybe increase the fititng cost for using those utility slots for anything except ganglinks by a factor of x3..
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#815 - 2013-08-05 12:13:17 UTC
In the end doesn't really matters/cares for me how much my opinion here is worth or not, I'll be flying the next OP one because I can.

2 active tank galletne SCs? no worries I will not be boosting fleet or gang anyway but ganking with tanky BC's Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Proddy Scun
Doomheim
#816 - 2013-08-05 12:15:26 UTC
To mare wrote:
Atrium Akvidus wrote:
Nighthawk

That or because Fozzie is an admitted strong Amarr fan...go armor! and slogans "no one should ever consider missiles as a weapon not even as 3rd palce or compromise."
Kane Fenris
NWP
#817 - 2013-08-05 12:19:55 UTC
To mare wrote:
Atrium Akvidus wrote:
Nighthawk

its because the most command ships were given enough slots to fill the 2 high slots with unbonused weapons if they want to
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#818 - 2013-08-05 12:25:39 UTC
Kane Fenris wrote:
its because the most command ships were given enough slots to fill the 2 high slots with unbonused weapons if they want to

Good thing you remembered to put that "most" in there, otherwise the Absolution and Eos would come pay you a visit in the dead of night .. but then consistency was never one of CCP's virtues so I reckon leaving 1/4 of the hulls out of a new scheme makes 'CCP Sense™'
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#819 - 2013-08-05 12:35:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Floydy
Proddy Scun wrote:
IDK if these are really supposed to be comamnd ships I think they should have ganglink slots or similar restrictions. At least a strong as a bias toward the role specific slot use as SB get toward torps and bomb launcher armament.

Maybe increase the fititng cost for using those utility slots for anything except ganglinks by a factor of x3..

*edit*

Forum ate my post? :s

Terrible idea. If they need to go in that direction it should be with fitting reductions of links (like torps on bombers) - not by making everything else impossible to fit. You want to make links a no brainer, not stop people from using the ships.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#820 - 2013-08-05 16:13:45 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
Kane Fenris wrote:

Good thing you remembered to put that "most" in there, otherwise the Absolution and Eos would come pay you a visit in the dead of night .. but then consistency was never one of CCP's virtues so I reckon leaving 1/4 of the hulls out of a new scheme makes 'CCP Sense™'

Most likely the thinking is that those two be more geared towards putting in NOS or Neuts instead of extra damage, and balanced accordingly.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.