These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which Ship would you like to see remodelled?

First post First post
Author
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#101 - 2013-08-02 04:22:57 UTC
I'm sure we can all agree on the celestis, crucifier, and the asymmetric caldari ships, besides the moa.

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Hiyora Akachi
Advanced Hole Theory
#102 - 2013-08-02 04:23:41 UTC
Lee Hekard wrote:
Primae.

Don't you ******* dare.
Clementina
University of Caille
#103 - 2013-08-02 04:52:09 UTC
The Imicus. It sucks and it always sucked. Even back when the Helios was based on the Maulus, it just didn't matter back then because the Imicus was some kind of hauling frigate that nobody used. The Imicus should be changed totally.

The Moa. If you look at the rear engines of the vessel they seem to be off and the ship appears to be uncomfortably bent upwards slightly. The change to get it to beautifulness shouldn't be that large. Keep the head and suitcase, just make the body straight.

One Minor thing though, Small tech 2 ships tend to differ more from their tech 1 hull than large tech 2 ships. Even when ignoring the Stealth Bombers (Which I think differ too much for the Tristan/Nemesis). Consider the Incursus versus the ishkur. The Ishkur has extra engines and two more antennas. On the other hand the Widow simply has a different paint job than the Scorpion. Larger tech 2 ships should get additional random engines, antennas, dishes, compartments, maybe slightly different bodies, and the like.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#104 - 2013-08-02 05:09:44 UTC
On one hand I dislike symmetrical ships. On the other hand I love the Dominix and Providence.

The one ship I would change is the Imicus. It looks like it's sagging at the bottom. I have seen concept art of a new Imicus which is vertically symmetrical, with two engine pods underneath, but it looks too much like a turret from Portal to be taken seriously.
Kimentor
Gallifrey Industries
#105 - 2013-08-02 05:41:43 UTC
Similar upgrades that you guys made to the mega model would be smexy to have on dominix and Myrm
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2013-08-02 06:38:40 UTC
All T2 ships should have their own unique models and a lot of the subsystems are just bizarre.
Ge Hucel-Ge
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2013-08-02 06:51:01 UTC
increase the size of supercarriers - they are too small compared to normal carriers and some bs
Chi'Nane T'Kal
Interminatus
#108 - 2013-08-02 07:25:19 UTC
Drake Doe wrote:
I'm sure we can all agree on the celestis, crucifier, and the asymmetric caldari ships, besides the moa.

I'm pretty sure we will never ALL agree. On whatever.

Asymmetry per se isn't bad, as long as there's a reason for it. Alas, with most ships it's hard to tell.

That said, please remodel the Moa/Gila, thanks.
Lixia Saran
Perkone
Caldari State
#109 - 2013-08-02 08:48:15 UTC
The fol includes faction/t2 variant:

Typhoon
Moa
Claymore
Arbitrator
Crucifier
Drake
Maelstrom
Blackbird
Slasher
Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#110 - 2013-08-02 08:51:00 UTC
I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus and say the Moa.

It's a pretty simple fix too - Remove the "arm" holding that left -engine housing?- and place it flush with the body just like the other side. Bing, bang, boom - done.
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#111 - 2013-08-02 09:11:37 UTC
Chi'Nane T'Kal wrote:
Drake Doe wrote:

I'm pretty sure we will never ALL agree. On whatever.

Asymmetry per se isn't bad, as long as there's a reason for it. Alas, with most ships it's hard to tell.

That said, please remodel the Moa/Gila, thanks.

Asymmetric gallente ships look nice and organic, however caldari ships look like someone went crazy welding random parts on, with a few exceptions that would still look better symmetric. The gila MAY be able to look a bit better, but that's a change I can live without.

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#112 - 2013-08-02 09:15:07 UTC
Bhaalgorn... It needs to be more terrifying... the Geddon hull is not good enough

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Silver Getsuga
Liber Primus
#113 - 2013-08-02 10:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Silver Getsuga
1. Imicus
2. Moa
3. Bhaalgorn

Also, if you're reusing hull for faction/navy versions change model slightly (but visually distinguishable). And I'm not talking about color.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#114 - 2013-08-02 10:26:46 UTC
HELIOS plueeese!!!!!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#115 - 2013-08-02 10:33:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
The phoenix, since he was retextured, looks awesome, and I'm the first surprised to see how the texture affected a model that I believed couldn't be anything else than crap.

Imo, the Moa, Falcon, Bantam, Condor, Caracal, Scythe, Bellicose, Helios, Typhoon, Dominix, and the Rokh, could use a resculpt, in terms of 3D model.

More details :
- Moa : Like a lot of Caldari ships, imo it lacks some intimidating shapes. But I'm not conviced that just sticking the left arm to the body would fix everything. The "shield like" taste of the left arm might be something to keep in mind actually. It's original and it fits with the tanky side of every moa hull.

- Falcon : I understand that its flat shape and all its original asymetry attracts a few people but come on.. I can't even tell where the engines are when its cloaked ! There is no logic in this model, it's randomness at its most pure state. ^^

- Bantam : Surely the most needed redesign... Although, for this one it would take too much design time compared to his current usage, except if you plan to add a T2 logi frigate, which would be cool btw.

- Condor : Interesting shape, but the "everything in the engines, nothing in the head" is kind of ridiculous at some point. Also, even if asymetry might be a good thing, for a ship designed for speed, I say no :D That's just ridiculous again.

- Caracal : Ugly as hell. Propably the only ship that, imo, doesn't need an "improved" model, but would rather need a brand new one. I understand the "skinny because fast" part, but its not even a true fast ship compared to other races... And these arms ! erk...

-Rokh : Not bad somehow, but its clearly too small compared to other former "tier 3" BSs. For one of the most famous Caldari ships, its not intimidating at all... I'm sure that a redesign in the same mindset than the one of the Apocalypse would be perfect. It needs to be long like a locomotive, but it also needs to be intimidating and to reflect its "tanky" side.

-Dominix : I feel that it needs a redesign, but on the other hand I can't figure a way to make it better without denying its legendary shape.

I'm also surprised to see that people are asking for a Bhaal redesign, I mean, its first half is pretty darn intimidating, yes its engines could use a redesign but there are plenty of ships worst than that currently.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#116 - 2013-08-02 10:36:17 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Bhaalgorn... It needs to be more terrifying... the Geddon hull is not good enough

That would be awesome :)

Also, the Domi. It is too awesome to look like a giant turd.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#117 - 2013-08-02 10:53:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
The dominix needs to be redone. Its been asked for and even speculated when the new interiors to space stations were announced.

But I am done jumping down the rabbit hole of random developer posts in the hopes of getting an ear or some type of dedication to a change. We had that with the high resolution textures thread, and not a word since. It seems that this was just a stunt to ramp up either enthusiasm, or false hope.

Do it or don't. Just don't tease the community about it.

We have the 99 reasonable things thread going on. Why don't you, Mr Art, start a "Vote for the next hull design" thread, and you can get some type of credible feedback on which ship the community wants redone. It would be more organized, the Bosses will say "Ok that works", and the community will be a little bit happier that they are getting something they want, rather than haunting the forums begging for someone to listen.

To be fair, make it "one for each race". So everybody's happy to some degree.

Yaay!!!!

Guttri
Mari-Huana
#118 - 2013-08-02 10:56:01 UTC
Typhoon
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2013-08-02 10:58:00 UTC
When I first started playing, I thought these ships are all ugly. Only a few of them look kind of decent. The thing that bothers me most is the asymmetrical arrangements of their engines. If you have all of your engines on one side of the ship, it's going to spin around and not be able to fly straight. If the mass of a ship is imbalanced, then it will spin around and not be able to fly straight. Make the ship designs believable at least. And quit making them look like hot steaming turds, or giant phallic symbols.

The only ship I find that I like most is the Comet. Leave that one alone, except maybe to take out that headlamp. It makes me think of a steam locomotive with that headlamp on it. Besides, who needs headlamps in space? The only ships that look real good, and believable are the O.R.E barges and exhumers. The O.R.E. Nocturnous (the salvaging ship) looks good, too. The industrials seem alright. I haven't seen them all, so I can't really speak about all of them, but the Iterons all look believable, so do the Caldari and Amarri industrials. The gigantic Caldari industrial is believable, while the giant Gallente one is not.

The Caldari ships are all boxy. The boxy shapes is not what bothers me. What bothers me is the impossibly imbalanced shapes they have. The Minmatar ships all suffer from the same problem. They look like they were all built with chicken wire, and pipe cleaners. They don't look rugged, and do not look like they can take a hit.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#120 - 2013-08-02 11:29:07 UTC
moa/osprey only ever.

moa needs drastic change,

osprey not as much, but as it is currently is a bit too fugly

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us