These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#421 - 2013-08-01 22:38:38 UTC
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Awesome!

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Command Ship model changes

Wait, what ?! What?

Eos -> myrm
Absolution -> harbinger
Sleip -> hurricane
Nighthawk -> drake
glepp
New Caldari Bureau of Investigation
#422 - 2013-08-01 22:44:10 UTC
Solution to the whole Nothing Is As Good As The Damnation-problem:
1. Make all CS give bonuses to all links.
2. Set the ships apart by changing other characteristics:
Amarr: slow armor bricks
Gallente: fast armor [something less sturdy but faster than a brick]
Caldari: slow shield bricks
Minnie: Fast shield [you get the idea]

Make each race have two options for weapon systems and let Minnie/Gallente have one each without local rep bonuses (shield/armor HP instead, for instance)

Also, my point in mentioning a 20v20 BS fight was that at even such a small level, the local rep boni are useless.

But alas, i fear it's too late for this, since CCP seem to have made up their minds too much.
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#423 - 2013-08-01 22:45:42 UTC
Ersahi Kir wrote:
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Awesome!

CCP Fozzie wrote:

Wait, what ?! What?

Eos -> myrm
Absolution -> harbinger
Sleip -> hurricane
Nighthawk -> drake

Well, that's not so awesome then. =/

thx for the info Ersahi Kir.
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#424 - 2013-08-01 22:51:14 UTC
Can people please stop quoting Dvla in full? Seriously, it has been quoted in full 10 times on each page, now it's just wasting peoples time. It's a pain in the ass scrolling through it on my phone. If you like the post that much, with a long post like that can you just put "Dvla's right" and link the post or just quote an excerpts or something and just like the post? As it is you just keep adding walls of the exact same text to every page. My phone and likely other peoples don't like that. Especially because most people are just saying "agreed". A like on his post also implies you agreed.
Hortoken Wolfbrother
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#425 - 2013-08-01 22:53:28 UTC
Goldensaver wrote:

People quote text worth quoting. Note how I quoted everything you said worth saying.
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#426 - 2013-08-01 22:54:05 UTC
Ersahi Kir wrote:
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Awesome!

CCP Fozzie wrote:

Wait, what ?! What?

Eos -> myrm
Absolution -> harbinger
Sleip -> hurricane
Nighthawk -> drake

:O

so one of the best looking ship becomes a lame bark
and
the golden chicken will be that something?:(

Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#427 - 2013-08-01 22:55:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Ersahi Kir
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Well, that's not so awesome then. =/

thx for the info Ersahi Kir.

NP

I'm actually really excited about the Eos change, the myrm is a sexy hull that got cheated out of the navy battlecruiser slot. I'm glad it got another ship, and the creodron skin makes it look awesome.

The other hulls are more of a hodge podge of opinions. The sleip cane looks sexy but some people really like the cyclone hull, so it's a wash. I think the general opinion of the other two are more favorable, but some people really like the chicken absolution and the ferox nighthawk.

As long as the Eos gets changed I'm pretty content with the entire situation.
Heribeck Weathers
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#428 - 2013-08-01 23:02:58 UTC
Im really looking forward to the Black (nighthawk) drake and the blue (myrmidon) Eos. I personaly liked Amarr T2 more when it was gold with red highlights, not red with gold highlights so whatever on the harbinger. and we already have a camo fleet cain so meh on the slep
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#429 - 2013-08-01 23:03:28 UTC
Hortoken Wolfbrother wrote:
Goldensaver wrote:

People quote text worth quoting. Note how I quoted everything you said worth saying.

Though I liked the post, I don't want to read through it 50 times in one thread, nor have to skip over it consistently on my mobile device. Were I on my computer I wouldn't mind so much, but my phone isn't the greatest. I didn't ask people to stop referencing the post, merely to trim the quotes. but go ahead and be inflammatory, thank you very much. It's not like I enjoy reading these forums and wouldn't mind being able to read something other than the one post.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#430 - 2013-08-01 23:04:10 UTC
So let me get this straight here. The two shield tanking missile command ships go as follows:

Claymore:
Minmatar Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
5% bonus to Heavy Missile and Heavy Assault Missile rate of fire (was MPT RoF)
7.5% bonus to shield boosting amount
Command Ships skill bonuses:
5% bonus to Heavy Missile and Heavy Assault Missile rate of fire (was link bonus)
5% bonus to Heavy Missile and Heavy Assault Missile explosion velocity (was MPT tracking)
Fixed Bonus:
Can fit up to three Warfare Link modules, 15% bonus to strength of Siege Warfare and Skirmish Warfare links
Slot layout: 7 H (-1), 6 M, 4 L, 2 turrets (-3), 5 Launchers (+2)
Fittings: 1100 PWG (-290), 525 CPU (+10)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 4700(+376) / 3800(-44) / 3400(+37)
Base shield resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 75 / 60 / 40 / 50
Base armor resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 90 / 67.5 / 25 / 10
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 2625 / 583s / 4.5
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 170 / 0.7(-0.004) / 12500000 / 12.13s (-0.07)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50(+10) / 75(+35)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 65km (+20) / 220 / 7(+1)
Sensor strength: 22 Ladar (+6)
Signature radius: 240
Cargo capacity: 575 (+100)

Nighthawk:
Caldari Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
4% bonus to all Shield Resistances
10%(+5) bonus to heavy and heavy assault missile kinetic damage
Command Ships skill bonuses:
5% bonus to Heavy Assault and Heavy missile launcher rate of fire
5% bonus to Heavy Assault Missile and Heavy Missile explosion radius (was explosion velocity)
Fixed Bonus:
Can fit up to three Warfare Link modules, 15% bonus to strength of Siege Warfare and Information Warfare links
Slot layout: 7 H, 5 M, 5 L , 2 turrets (+1), 5 Launchers (-1)
Fittings: 825 PWG (+115), 550 CPU (-5)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 5500(+695) / 3200(-163) / 3700(-144)
Base shield resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 0 / 80(+10) / 70(+7.5) / 50
Base armor resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 50 / 86.25(+6.88) / 62.5(+9.38) / 10
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 2812(-187.5) / 625s(-41.7) / 4.5
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 140 / 0.65(+0.02) / 14810000(+800000) / 13.35s (+1.15)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 25 / 25
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 80km (+20) / 195 / 9(+1)
Sensor strength: 24 Gravimetric (+5)
Signature radius: 285
Cargo capacity: 700

I have bolded things that don't make any sense.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE NIGHTHAWK'S FIFTH LOWSLOT?

Why did you give the Nighthawk such an awful damage bonus? I mean you have ~6 effective launchers if you're not using kinetic damage! SIX! THAT IS HORRENDOUS! I cannot believe people are thinking that this ship is going to be better for anything. Yeah, it'll be better at failing to kill things than before that's for sure! It'll be better at being the missile command ship nobody chooses because the Claymore seems to outclass it in terms of it's offensive bonuses and slot layout (SERIOUSLY, WHY DOES THE NIGHTHAWK NEED THIS SLOT LAYOUT? CALDARI HAVE LOADS AND LOADS OF MID SLOTS. Minmatar tend to be the ones with this sort of configuration, for the sake of 'flexibility'. They can pull it off due to their stats, the Nighthawk CAN'T!

I thought the T1 battleship rebalancing changes were embarrassing- these have blown what you did to the Raven (and how you kept the Typhoon mostly better than it in most contexts) completely out of the water. I fear for what you plan on doing with Marauders, the Golem especially. Let me guess. You're going to change it's role bonus to +100% kinetic torpedo and cruise missile damage, and ignore all other damage types as you have for the Nighthawk and Cerberus. Then you're going to make it slower and heavier and vomit all over it's ability to fit anything. Because it's "too good at PvE" despite not having a role outside of mission running.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#431 - 2013-08-01 23:05:24 UTC
Hortoken Wolfbrother wrote:
Goldensaver wrote:

He's problem is not relevant to this thread, maybe he just posted in the wrong thread and should get a link to some PC provider or CCP customer support.

Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

ImaGrapeYou Aldent
Vanille LLC
#432 - 2013-08-01 23:06:50 UTC
So they have a nice new change to the command ships. They took the old requirement to fly them away and added more leadership to them. I have all cruisers 5 and BC 5 and I'm still 50 days from flying any one of them.
Oddsodz
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#433 - 2013-08-01 23:06:55 UTC
Can I just ask, Why does the "Eos" still have a almost wasted bonus to ARMOR repping, I Can understand it on a "Asterte", But why must the "Eos" have it also,. Has it not become clear that this ship will be flew in a fleet. And 9/10 times that fleet with have logi ships with it. It is a waste of a bonus. Please change it to something that is more suited to it's role as a ship that fly's in a fleet. Be it a Rof for guns or a 2nd for drones. A Speed bonus for the hull maybe? Anything but the useless repping bonus that is not going to get used unless in 1v1 honour fights.

Please change that.

Thank you for reading
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#434 - 2013-08-01 23:08:03 UTC
Goldensaver wrote:
Can people please stop quoting Dvla in full? Seriously, it has been quoted in full 10 times on each page, now it's just wasting peoples time. It's a pain in the ass scrolling through it on my phone. If you like the post that much, with a long post like that can you just put "Dvla's right" and link the post or just quote an excerpts or something and just like the post? As it is you just keep adding walls of the exact same text to every page. My phone and likely other peoples don't like that. Especially because most people are just saying "agreed". A like on his post also implies you agreed.

QFT Lol

also. I hope the survivability issues will be addressed after they become apparent through use and popularity.

*crosses fingers* first pass first pass
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#435 - 2013-08-01 23:10:18 UTC
Ersahi Kir wrote:
I think the general opinion of the other two are more favorable, but some people really like the chicken absolution and the ferox nighthawk.

you mean the stretched chicken absolution, squeezed chicken nightawk, fat chicken onyx, stuffed chicken basilisk, and the squashed chicken rook?
Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#436 - 2013-08-01 23:10:19 UTC
Heribeck Weathers wrote:
Im really looking forward to the Black (nighthawk) drake and the blue (myrmidon) Eos. I personaly liked Amarr T2 more when it was gold with red highlights, not red with gold highlights so whatever on the harbinger. and we already have a camo fleet cain so meh on the slep

I'll agree with the entire slep thing. Honestly I think they need to change the brutor tribe skin theme. The camo makes it look too much like a navy ship, and I'd rather see a neat looking color scheme that the other T2 ships get. Something like a bright hunters orange would look awesome, it would be like an announcement to everyone that "here comes buttsex!"

The white camo theme of the thukkur can stay, because the white has a unique and neato look.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#437 - 2013-08-01 23:13:37 UTC
Aglais wrote:
So let me get this straight here. The two shield tanking missile command ships go as follows:

FOR A REACTOR CONTROL DUE TO LOW PG!
Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#438 - 2013-08-01 23:15:31 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Ersahi Kir wrote:
I think the general opinion of the other two are more favorable, but some people really like the chicken absolution and the ferox nighthawk.

you mean the stretched chicken absolution, squeezed chicken nightawk, fat chicken onyx, stuffed chicken basilisk, and the squashed chicken rook?

I thought the onyx was a dinosaur with a briefcase?
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#439 - 2013-08-01 23:16:56 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Aglais wrote:

FOR A REACTOR CONTROL DUE TO LOW PG!

DUMB.

The real fix is to further increase power grid, shift fifth low to a med slot. Problem solved!

'Mandatory' PG mods are UTTER BULLSHIT and SHOULD NOT BE A CONCEPT THAT HAS TO HAPPEN. An RCU is for when you're trying to do a really shifty fit that might not work otherwise. Not trying to just do a basic fit because the ship doesn't have enough PG to fit all of what it's supposed to have in the first place. It's especially egregious on missile ships because they don't even have alternate gun sizes to upgrade/downgrade into!
Sara Sue
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#440 - 2013-08-01 23:17:26 UTC
Dvla wrote:
Could we maybe fix the "small" bug of wing commanders not receiving fleet commander's bonuses before we start to try to put the ships on grid? This should be the main priority' before ANY changes to the boosters.

Why is the command processor module still in the game? It serves no other purpose than to be a big **** you to all shield fleets for even considering putting t3 boosters on grid. Armor t3 booster can be tanked, shield one can't. Armor can put on extra links without sacrificing tank, shield can't. By the time this year is done there will not be many, if any, shield doctrines left in 0.0 anyway.

Why don't any of the skirmish boosting ships receive resist bonus per skill level? You clearly do want to put them on the field but what do you think will happen when you have 5 claymores on grid (without FC bonuses because they don't ******* work for wing commanders) with low EHP to begin with? Even if you don't have enough DPS to headshot the FC Damnation at the beginning, it's quite likely that the logistics don't have all of the wing commanders pre-locked (that would take 6 out of 8 max targets for a t1 logi for example) so you can just kill all the wing commanders. I mean just look at the EHP difference between an FC slot damnation (that gets its own bonus) to a wing commander skirmish boosting ship (that doesn't get the FC bonus). What's the difference? 2 or 3 times more EHP. I mean jesus ******* christ what the **** is going on.

Active tank bonuses on command ships? Really? I get that you want to give them some damage role even if I strongly disagree with that (since you know.. They will be using the highslots for links>probe launcher>other utility) but why would you want these ships to do every single thing? These are fleet ships, designed to be flown with fleets and while them being able to be flown solo as well that doesn't mean they need that kind of bonuses for it. That's like putting damage bonuses to logistics ships so that they can shoot something when they are flying solo and do you see that happening?

Why is the Damnation - any other command ship EHP difference not fixed? I get that your goal for the past year has been to get rid of all shield doctrines but isn't it going a bit too far already? And BTW you fix this by giving more EHP to the other command ships, not nerfing the Damnation. Just making this point clear since you clearly need some guidance on the issues with these ships.

The only thing these changes do for a 0.0 pilot is making flying boosters even more annoying than it already is. In serious business fleet all wing commanders will still be t3 boosters but now you have to scan for probes all the time. Yes it makes them vulnerable but it sure as hell is less vulnerable than flying a (relatively) paper thin wing booster on grid. Is that fun? No it ******* isn't. Yes you balanced some stuff and gave them shiny new stats but you clearly are not understanding the big picture here. You want to put fleet boosters on grid and have an effect? Then make them be able to do that, not be the best plex tank or a mission runner. You have absolutely the wrong problems in mind when you designed these ships.

Overall nerfs to effectiveness of links is great though so job well done on that at least.

This defiantly needs attention before anything else.