These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why "high sec bears" don't go to null

First post
Author
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#281 - 2013-08-01 18:35:23 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
You say "afk" cloaker likes it's a bad thing.... wtf?

AFK cloakers are important. Especially when they transform into an At They Keyboard Covert Cyno. That's the best part.

Just don't feed them after midnight. P
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#282 - 2013-08-01 19:48:53 UTC
Well my 0.0 solo experiment is over. Hot dropped :)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#283 - 2013-08-01 19:54:47 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

So I'm looking at the KM and trying to figure out what is was you were trying to kill (the loki?), or did what you were trying to kill get away and not shoot at you?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#284 - 2013-08-01 19:58:30 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

So I'm looking at the KM and trying to figure out what is was you were trying to kill (the loki?), or did what you were trying to kill get away and not shoot at you?

I popped a bait cyno ship before they dropped in on me.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#285 - 2013-08-01 20:07:02 UTC
Yaturi wrote:
Quote:
so I jump 78 jumps dodging camps back to refit.

So I assume you mean bubbles.

Heres 4 words of advice for you.

DScan Safespots Celestials Limbo

78 Jumps is too much, Im sure you could have red rovered it through some.

It's not so sure. I have roamed sov null sec for 88 jumps and the only guy I found fleed like a wussie despite my ship was just a BC.

Only "reliable" way to get action is to go NPC null sec (besides low sec). Which for a full dedicated PvP game imo is quite poor, expecially if you are a person who can't establish a nice setup involving 2-3 hours game time, alt for scouting / RR / refilling etc.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#286 - 2013-08-01 20:09:35 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Yaturi wrote:
Quote:
so I jump 78 jumps dodging camps back to refit.

So I assume you mean bubbles.

Heres 4 words of advice for you.

DScan Safespots Celestials Limbo

78 Jumps is too much, Im sure you could have red rovered it through some.

It's not so sure. I have roamed sov null sec for 88 jumps and the only guy I found fleed like a wussie despite my ship was just a BC.

Only "reliable" way to get action is to go NPC null sec (besides low sec). Which for a full dedicated PvP game imo is quite poor, expecially if you are a person who can't establish a nice setup involving 2-3 hours game time, alt for scouting / RR / refilling etc.

Yup, this is true. Only way to get kills in the system I was in was to afk till they were forced to come out and rat. Either that or fight a bunch of them at once.

Predobear
Doomheim
#287 - 2013-08-01 20:49:41 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Your welcome for dropping the bait cyno.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#288 - 2013-08-01 20:52:07 UTC
Predobear wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Your welcome for dropping the bait cyno.

:)

hanabal drake
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#289 - 2013-08-01 20:57:35 UTC
im just going to say this proteus is armour you have an augmented plating subsystem for **** sake that is the worst t3 fit ive ever seen its worse than cancer
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#290 - 2013-08-01 21:00:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
hanabal drake wrote:
im just going to say this proteus is armour you have an augmented plating subsystem for **** sake that is the worst t3 fit ive ever seen its worse than cancer

It managed to kill 21 of your alliance solo before it got killed. Did its job. Proofs in the kill mails. And it took you dropping 18 ships on it to do the job...

hanabal drake
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#291 - 2013-08-01 21:04:03 UTC
just cause it managed to kill stuff solo dosent make it a good fit you had to run from a friggin oracle for god sake
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#292 - 2013-08-01 21:05:02 UTC
hanabal drake wrote:
just cause it managed to kill stuff solo dosent make it a good fit you had to run from a friggin oracle for god sake

I'm not going to smack talk on forums with you. If you don't like my fit that's your problem. Deal :) Thanks

Alexandra Payne
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#293 - 2013-08-01 21:07:38 UTC

Infinity if you really slowboated out from HighSec and had a "Ghetto Station" with you I tip my hat. That is awesome.

I was looking for you for ages :)

Good work.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#294 - 2013-08-01 21:09:22 UTC
Alexandra Payne wrote:

Infinity if you really slowboated out from HighSec and had a "Ghetto Station" with you I tip my hat. That is awesome.

I was looking for you for ages :)

Good work.

Duchess Anne
Agora Solutions
#295 - 2013-08-01 21:13:57 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
hanabal drake wrote:

It managed to kill 21 of your alliance solo before it got killed. Did its job. Proofs in the kill mails. And it took you dropping 18 ships on it to do the job...

You could have done better in a bomber and you don't get kudos as a pvper in null sec for popping what actually is 16 ratting fit ships in your bought toon. You're proteus fit is btw is insanely bad. I'm sure you'd be invited back for more. I added up your ship + pod loss and the kills do NOT pay for what you lost.

You got boned hard dude. Just sayin'.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=19011270
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=19010603
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#296 - 2013-08-01 21:24:55 UTC
Duchess Anne wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
hanabal drake wrote:

You could have done better in a bomber and you don't get kudos as a pvper in null sec for popping what actually is 16 ratting fit ships in your bought toon. You're proteus fit is btw is insanely bad. I'm sure you'd be invited back for more. I added up your ship + pod loss and the kills do NOT pay for what you lost.

You're making your alliance look bad. You killed me, I congratulate you on that.

I lost around 500 mill which I intended to lose. I killed around 700 million worth of your ships and shut down your system for over a week. I deliberately took my pod to station and ask your two alliance guys to pod me back to empire so the pod was my choice not your win.

I don't fly what I don't intend to lose. I had a fun time which more than makes up for a little 500 mill loss.

My Proteus fit did exactly what I intended it to do, it allowed me to kill your ships. You don't know how to solo, I have soloed since I started EvE. An armor fit Proteus with a 13 sec align time, slow speed and buffer which I couldn't repair was not an option for what I was doing.

You fit your ship for the job its intended to do, not to some predefined scheme which won't be as effective.

Have a nice day.

juicy lips
Perkone
Caldari State
#297 - 2013-08-01 21:28:07 UTC
Man, you were not solo. You had an alt in a falcon which you swapped later for crane as eyes and with supplies.

Killing ratting ships is ok, but killing pods and salvagers in T3 is not. And don't be surprised that so many on the kill - this is what happens if you annoy many people in system :)

Respect for going that far from NPC space, but it would have been harder were we not deployed to Fountain...
Duchess Anne
Agora Solutions
#298 - 2013-08-01 21:30:25 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Duchess Anne wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
hanabal drake wrote:

You're making your alliance look bad. You killed me, I congratulate you on that.

I lost around 500 mill which I intended to lose. I killed around 700 million worth of your ships and shut down your system for over a week. I deliberately took my pod to station and ask your two alliance guys to pod me back to empire so the pod was my choice not your win.

I don't fly what I don't intend to lose. I had a fun time which more than makes up for a little 500 mill loss.

My Proteus fit did exactly what I intended it to do, it allowed me to kill your ships. You don't know how to solo, I have soloed since I started EvE. An armor fit Proteus with a 13 sec align time, slow speed and buffer which I couldn't repair was not an option for what I was doing.

You fit your ship for the job its intended to do, not to some predefined scheme which won't be as effective.

Have a nice day.

I got no dog in this fight pal - just calling it like I see it. You wanna play pvp poser that's your problem. Cheers bro! Lol
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#299 - 2013-08-01 21:35:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Edit: Not going to engage in smack talk and derail this thread further. If falcon was involved it'd be on killmails. Thank you

Connor O'Keer
Be Nice Inc.
Prismatic Legion
#300 - 2013-08-01 21:55:52 UTC
o7 Infinity. Let me know when you want to go Oracle vs Proteus round 2 Big smile