These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Command Ships

First post First post First post
Author
Stridsflygplan
Deliverance.
Arrival.
#241 - 2013-08-01 17:58:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Stridsflygplan
You gave Medium arty 10% RoF because they already have good alpha and then give the sleipnir 24% bigger alpha then a 1400mm fitted Tornado. If that was the idea sure otherwise maybe give the sleipnir a RoF bonus and arty a damage bonus instead of RoF so the alpha is more balanced across ships. The best medium arty ship right now is the Loki that does the same alpha as a Tornado. feels like the Muninn needs 2 damages bonuses if to even come close to this alpha. Would be nice to hear your thoughts Fozzie Big smile
Jason Dunham
Andvaranaut Conglomerate
#242 - 2013-08-01 18:00:12 UTC
I think that it's important to read all the threads on the proposed changes before you judge one specific sub-area. The great and terrible thing about EVE is that everything affects everything else.

So for example, some of these command ships have local rep bonuses instead of ehp bonuses. But since they are also buffing local reps, this would make the command ship more independent, and free up a pilot since logistics may not be necessary in all fleet setups now.

I think that with the changes, flexibility is the key. No, some of the old "tried and true" setups won't be as strong as they were, but I think that the added flexibility will end up making gameplay more interesting. It's going to be different, but that's not always bad.

Keep up the good work.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#243 - 2013-08-01 18:01:05 UTC
Why does the Night Hawk get caught up using Kinetic where as the Damnation gets a flat bonus to all missiles? Where as Claymore receives a double ROF bonus?
Crazy KSK
Tsunami Cartel
#244 - 2013-08-01 18:01:07 UTC
the drone bay on the eos seems far too small compared to all other drone boats 4 unbonused guns are not a good enough reason to give it that little drone bay

Quote CCP Fozzie: ... The days of balance and forget are over.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#245 - 2013-08-01 18:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Quote:
Nope, gallente have therm/kin bonuses, and the Astarte got a slight buff to those. Doesn't help jack against anything shooting lazors/ACs/missiles. Local rep bonus is good for solo/very small gang. These ships are made for all fleet sizes, and since Damnation doesn't boost skirmish, you either gotta go without in say, a 20-man BS fight, or ignore the local rep bonus, making it wortless.

That's actually a pretty decent buff to base resists, and it's effectiveness is dependent on what the enemy is shooting. Lasers do EM/Thermal by the way, and Caldari frequently are using Kinetic missiles due to their bonus restrictions. Projectile ammo frequently will be affected as well.

Yes, it's not as high resists across the board and more vulnerable to high alpha in a fleet situation, but hardly an easy target if set up properly. Past that point the 15% boost all active tanking just got isn't anything to sneeze at, especially in an encounter like the 20 man BS fight you gave as an example.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#246 - 2013-08-01 18:01:17 UTC
Grarr Dexx wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Aeril Malkyre wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Sarmatiko wrote:
Also glad that Marauders are safe, for now..

/Maniacal Laugh
You madman. Don't hurt my Vargur.

He won't, you have my word.

*Quickly hides the half-dissected Vargur lying next to the Frenchman and replaces it with a half-eaten baguette*

good thing we're paying attention to all the correct things in this thread, right? lets just ignore the fact that these changes won't do **** for minmatar/gallente cs outside of 1v1s and make ****** superficial jokes about an off-topic ship class

Why so serious? Do you wanna know how I got these scars?

Yep, Fozzie, Rise and I never talk to each other regarding ship balancing changes, despite the fact we sit 5 meters apart. And besides, nobody cares about Marauders right? But you are right on one point, derailing the thread is bad, my apologies, I'll stop that now. Bad Ytterbium, bad.
Red Woodson
Estrale Frontiers
#247 - 2013-08-01 18:03:04 UTC
I'm mildly disappointed in the link bonus being a fixed role bonus, but it is only a mild disappointment. Still, you know there is no rule limiting you to 2 bonuses per skill, right? Carriers prove that. Not sure why info warfare fits with amarr better than skirmish, but I guess I see why skirmish fits better with gallente than it does with amarr.

I am considerably more disappointed in the lack of buffer available to the gallente ships, and to a lesser extent minmatar as well. The rep bonus is entirely inappropriate for a ship designed to be on field in a fleet battle. You acknowledged this with the resist bonus on the heavy interdictors, so i cant figure out why you are so resistant to applying the same fix to command ships. Unless you are deliberately pigeon holing gallente and minmatar into small gang while allowing caldari and amarr to excel at both.

And assuming you absolutely have to local tank for some strange reason, has anyone run the numbers yet to see how many rep cycles it takes a local tanked eos/astarte to catch up with a local tanked absolution/damnation considering the extra ehp from the armor and resist bonus? The claymore/sleip may do a bit better in comparison to the vulture/nighthawk due to the minmatar native T2 resists and the faster cycle time on shield tanks. Minmatar will also be a bit more survivable due to the speed difference between them and caldari, which doesn't really exist for gallente vs amarr.

I'm also a bit surprised these have the same number of slots as combat battlecruisers. I'd expected them all to gain the 1 slot the sleip and claymore had over them, rather than the sleip and claymore loose a slot. Indeed, they have the same 10 mids+lows as most hacs now.

Finally, the eos's drone bay seems a tad small. I realize that giving it a full 3 flights of heavies(375m3) is unlikely, but maybe enough room for 2 flights of heavies and a flight of lights or mediums?(275 or 300)*shrug* not a hugh deal.
Sarmatiko
#248 - 2013-08-01 18:04:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
But you are right on one point, derailing the thread is bad, my apologies, I'll stop that now. Bad Ytterbium, bad.

Yes, make dedicated thread about Marauders dissecting/ nerf / rebalance.
Seriously, please. Roll
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#249 - 2013-08-01 18:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
WTF I trained skirmish warfare link to V for my damnation now I'm getting the rug pulled out under me again? I want/need skirnish for my incursion damnation I been using for Incursion booster Ugh

Is there a logic disconnect somewhere? Skirmish fits better with Amarr due to the Bhaalgorn bonus I thought and Gallente would do better with the INFO warfare link due to the onie's sensor bonus'.

CCP Fozzie tricked by meta gamers mistakenly wrote wrote:

One significant change from the proposal last year is the link bonuses on the Amarr and Gallente ships, which we've swapped thanks to player feedback. Amarr gets armor and info, Gallente gets armor and skirmish which fits them much better.

An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#250 - 2013-08-01 18:05:47 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Eos:
Gallente Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer effectiveness
10% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints (was 5% MHT damage)

Command Ships skill bonuses:
7.5% bonus to Heavy Drone tracking and microwarp velocity (was drone bay bonus)
7.5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret tracking (was link bonus)

Fixed Bonus:
Can fit up to three Warfare Link modules, 15% bonus to strength of Armored Warfare and Skirmish Warfare links

Is it not possible to turn Eos into a full on drone boat? A T2 Myrmidon of sorts? The hybrid turret bonus seems kinda pointless.

Overall awesome changes (except the repping/resists bonuses... but yeah)
\o/
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#251 - 2013-08-01 18:06:36 UTC
Red Woodson wrote:

I'm also a bit surprised these have the same number of slots as combat battlecruisers. I'd expected them all to gain the 1 slot the sleip and claymore had over them, rather than the sleip and claymore loose a slot. Indeed, they have the same 10 mids+lows as most hacs now.

This this and more of this...

Why commands are all -1 slot (I do and you should count rigs as slots) compared to their parent bcs?
AstraPardus
Earthside Mixlabs
#252 - 2013-08-01 18:08:49 UTC
What is this sudden urge, this sudden desire? It was never there before...
Every time I post is Pardy time! :3
glepp
New Caldari Bureau of Investigation
#253 - 2013-08-01 18:12:06 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

That's actually a pretty decent buff to base resists, and it's effectiveness is dependent on what the enemy is shooting. Lasers do EM/Thermal by the way, and Caldari frequently are using Kinetic missiles due to their bonus restrictions. Projectile ammo frequently will be affected as well.

Yes, it's not as high resists across the board and more vulnerable to high alpha in a fleet situation, but hardly an easy target if set up properly. Past that point the 15% boost all active tanking just got isn't anything to sneeze at, especially in an encounter like the 20 man BS fight you gave as an example.

It's a decent buff if the opponent is shooting Multifreq, Phased Plasma or Scourge, yes.
What is the damage distribution on scorch, the most commonly used crystal in a kiting Pulse Oracle? (Answer:36EM/8therm) Any Missile ship shooting kin at a Gallente hull desrves to lose, and it's not very common now. With the changes to Phoons and Ravens, do you really think this large-sigged ship will survive long in a BS fight without ignoring its hull bonus?

In a 20 v 20 BS fight, 2k local reps is worth nothing, since you need to gimp you buffer to fit it. Think paint+webs+large sig+lowish buffer.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#254 - 2013-08-01 18:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
Fozzie

when you said you would make them all have good dps i would have thought you would do this.

Does the Astarte need its falloff bonus still? when the EOS gets the tracking bonus for unbonused guns come on!!!
Why do they all have the same cap recharge.. come on have you not learnt that laser ships need more cap than missiles or projectiles? Armour reps need a lot of cap also.

Also 6 lowslots to armour tank.. really have you tried to tank the gallente ships with dps mods aswell?

These should also have an extra lowslot across the board pretty much

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Magnus Coleus
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#255 - 2013-08-01 18:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Magnus Coleus
So field command and fleet command ships are becoming essentially identical from the point of view of fleet links, and the distinctions between the two is boiling down to tankiness / DPS?

Can't say I like that, from a roleplay / gameplay point of view.

How about this:

Field command ships:

• Optimized for small gangs (armor rep / shield booster / base shield regen bonuses)
  • Can use 2 links
  • Slight DPS boost (compared to current proposal)
  • Slight sensor / range nerf

Fleet command ships:

• Optimized for larger fleets (resist bonuses)
  • Can use 3 links
  • Reasonable DPS nerf (compared to current proposal)
  • Reasonable sensor / range buff

Naturally, these would still need to be adjusted for each race, but I think the changes being proposed will make them overlap too much (field vs. fleet) and giving each race a resist-based command ship and a repair-based command ship would silence the main complaint people seem to have.
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#256 - 2013-08-01 18:15:54 UTC
so they all are the same just with different weapons?:O
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#257 - 2013-08-01 18:18:22 UTC
Naomi Knight wrote:
so they all are the same just with different weapons?:O

They did the same boring thing with the combat bc's why would they do anything different here?
Attention to detail seems lacking in the recent rebalancing changes

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

I'm Down
Perkone
Caldari State
#258 - 2013-08-01 18:18:28 UTC  |  Edited by: I'm Down
Can someone please explain to me how the Nighthawk isn't totally outclassed by the Claymore in every way imaginable.

Claymore has + speed, + drone bay, 2 non damage specific bonuses, + agility, lower mass (nighhawk actually go more massand worse agility WTF?), an extra tank mid slot, better distribution of resistances good for fleet work, a solo boost bonus....... and on and on and on.

Claymore is better on DPS in every way fashonable... and nearly 50% higher dps when not using kinetic on either ship.

Was the Nighthawk not **** before... are you just finding ways for people not to fly it now?
Grarr Dexx
Blue Canary
Watch This
#259 - 2013-08-01 18:20:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Grarr Dexx
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Why so serious? Do you wanna know how I got these scars?

Yep, Fozzie, Rise and I never talk to each other regarding ship balancing changes, despite the fact we sit 5 meters apart. And besides, nobody cares about Marauders right? But you are right on one point, derailing the thread is bad, my apologies, I'll stop that now. Bad Ytterbium, bad.

Why are the races:

Gall Min: ACTIVE ACTIVE
Cal Amarr: PASSIVE PASSIVE

Why can't it be:

Gall Cal Min Amarr: ACTIVE PASSIVE

Big gangs can't have shield/armor + skirmish?
Rose Roses
#260 - 2013-08-01 18:20:35 UTC
So gonna stock up on Eos'. Screw the rest, CS with drones is best.