These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why "high sec bears" don't go to null

First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#261 - 2013-08-01 16:07:48 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
You say "afk" cloaker likes it's a bad thing.... wtf?

AFK cloakers are important. Especially when they transform into an At They Keyboard Covert Cyno. That's the best part.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#262 - 2013-08-01 16:08:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Aidan Brooder
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Quote:
There is the constant blubber against (mostly HS) AFK miners, but the endless stretches of empty yet claimed space are the biggest AFK monument ever, really.
This. It's like a frigging ghost town. But just try and break into it with a small corp and no alliance backing and see what happens.

Break in without the corp/alliance.

You don't have to own the house to burn it down.

True, but you do have to fight and kill more than just cyno frigs to burn anything down. Because if that's all you can do, then you're just another "afk" cloaker.

Its like AFK sov systems for some... While we are there some feel they cannot show us how daring, courageous and truly impressive it is to live in Null Sec. Pirate

Anyway, this was fun. But I think all is said. So, see you in another thread one of these days!

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#263 - 2013-08-01 16:11:12 UTC
Aidan Brooder wrote:
Its like AFK sov systems for some... While we are there some feel they cannot show us how daring, courageous and truly impressive it is to live in Null Sec. Pirate

So, are you a cyno alt for PL, NCdot or perhaps BL?

401k might be a possibility but they're running away from BL or so I understand they're invading lowsec elsewhere from where they are now.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#264 - 2013-08-01 16:12:31 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

It's a little "Baghdad Bob" of you to cling to this notion that all they are killing are cyno frigs.

A day is coming when you will wish it were only cyno frigs.

I thought that day was July 28th? Or did that fizzle like a wet firecracker?

Quote:

Far from it, done it a fair few times myself. I said it that way to point out the inherent fallacy in calling someone an afk cloaker, because you don't know if he's afk or just patient. It's not like a miner, where you can just bump them halfway off grid and if they don't move, they're afk. Basically, I dislike the term.

Anyway, nullsec *can* be done solo, but it's just not optimal. As has been mentioned, it's one of the major "co-op" areas of EVE. Having areas like that is a good thing. If people don't want to play like that in null, the consequences aren't exactly hidden.

But if having less solo players is the cost of allowing a co-op area to exist? So be it. Not everything is for everyone.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#265 - 2013-08-01 16:18:53 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

It's a little "Baghdad Bob" of you to cling to this notion that all they are killing are cyno frigs.

Quote:

Far from it, done it a fair few times myself. I said it that way to point out the inherent fallacy in calling someone an afk cloaker, because you don't know if he's afk or just patient. It's not like a miner, where you can just bump them halfway off grid and if they don't move, they're afk. Basically, I dislike the term.

Anyway, nullsec *can* be done solo, but it's just not optimal. As has been mentioned, it's one of the major "co-op" areas of EVE. Having areas like that is a good thing. If people don't want to play like that in null, the consequences aren't exactly hidden.

But if having less solo players is the cost of allowing a co-op area to exist? So be it. Not everything is for everyone.

This is a lie, The EULA says I should be able to do everything in the game i want to if I pay 15 bux, so ima go solo a c6 wormhole in a Rifter, because of mah rights!
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#266 - 2013-08-01 16:22:51 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Quote:

This is a lie, The EULA says I should be able to do everything in the game i want to if I pay 15 bux, so ima go solo a c6 wormhole in a Rifter, because of mah rights!

Well you can. You might not succede the first time but you will get it in time. It's about the same odds as proving the quantum tunelling theory by bagning your head on a wall of bricks but you still can.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#267 - 2013-08-01 16:31:53 UTC
EVE Online: An RNG Adventure

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#268 - 2013-08-01 16:34:09 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Quote:

No one is saying that everything should be easy solo. Nor saying that everything should be possible solo. The natural law of multiplication of numbers is fine. 10 people should wtfpawn me.

The issue is a total lack of reasonable mechanics to refit, dock, reship, rearm that exists within 25 jumps simply because there are no stations available. With no stations available I have zero options with one account. I'm up to 20 kills now, I can't loot, I have one bubble I have to drop and pick up immediately when I kill someone and hope no one turns up before it unanchors because I have no replacements. Its annoying as hell, fun but annoying.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#269 - 2013-08-01 16:37:38 UTC
Quote:
No one is saying that everything should be easy solo. Nor saying that everything should be possible solo. The natural law of multiplication of numbers is fine. 10 people should wtfpawn me.

The issue is a total lack of reasonable mechanics to refit, dock, reship, rearm that exists within 25 jumps simply because there are no stations available. With no stations available I have zero options with one account. I'm up to 20 kills now, I can't loot, I have one bubble I have to drop and pick up immediately when I kill someone and hope no one turns up before it unanchors because I have no replacements. Its annoying as hell, fun but annoying.

Thing is? Tough luck. That's what they even take sov for, to keep people out. What you are talking about, having stations and resupply and repairs and stuff, is other parts of the game. It's not sov null. That's what sov null is for, to take your own space. It would hardly be their space if you could just dock up where ever you felt. Then it would be lowsec with TCUs.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#270 - 2013-08-01 16:42:13 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

Thing is? Tough luck. That's what they even take sov for, to keep people out. What you are talking about, having stations and resupply and repairs and stuff, is other parts of the game. It's not sov null. That's what sov null is for, to take your own space. It would hardly be their space if you could just dock up where ever you felt. Then it would be lowsec with TCUs.

One station in each constellation would be nice. Nullers are always whining about lack of industry slots...

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Alaric Faelen
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#271 - 2013-08-01 16:44:00 UTC
Why don't they?

1) they go alone.
---people that don't PvP trying to solo? Idiotic. FC's are very rare creatures. In huge alliances of thousands of players, there are but a handful of FC's. When you solo, you are taking on the role of FC along with all the others in a fleet. The sheer enormity of what FC's seem to know about Eve is staggering, yet people that don't even tag along in fleets spamming F1 are surprised they get blown up?
This is a recipe for failure but is incredibly common. The few successful solo pilots started off in fleets and only went solo once they were highly experienced fleet pilots and FC's. However, it is mostly seen by high sec dwellers as a short cut to PvP who are then shocked at their failure. We all love kil2's videos, but he didn't go from miner during the week to solo god on the weekends....he put in the time flying in fleets and working his way to that level of PvP skill that he could do all the fleet roles himself. Scouting, hunting, tackle, ewar, DPS, etc....
Short answer- if you're not ready to FC at least a small gang, you are nowhere near ready to solo on anything but a lucky gank. Real PvP is more than the fight, it is a million other things that mining won't teach you.

2) they have no reason to go there.
---PvP has scope in Eve. That big war in Fountain? It isn't just to collect KM's. There was no war until there was a reason for it- the R64 rebalance. Test's failure-cascade was just a convenient excuse to actually take the sov. Fountain didn't fall to generate KM's. What are YOU going to low or null for? If the answer is nothing more than KM's, go back to dueling in trade hubs and pretending to PvP. Because that's not what PvP'ers are out there doing. At best you're an easy gank for people that live there and PvP all the time. Even if you manage to gank someone, what have you won? Probably the ire of a null sec alliance with more than enough resources to find and crush you where ever you live.

3) they can't 'lose'
---Everyone dies in PvP. Ships mean nothing. Pods mean nothing. Kill mails are only useful for comedy in fleet chat while sitting on a titan. This is the reality of PvP, but is not what high sec bears have in their heads. They go unprepared into space occupied by people who live there and dedicate all their time to PvP, and when they lose they lament their dead ship like it was a family member. I lose ships all the time....don't' care as long as I did my job. Having something more than KM's to die for means I accept 'losing' my ships. I also have an entire hangar full of the things, not just one I can't stand losing to the point I would post on the forums at it's singular loss.

We want you to leave high sec. It's a big universe and it'd be more fun with more people. Just don't 'dabble' at it, mining all week and cruising our neighborhood like a pedo looking to tempt young Rifterlings with promises of candy and autocannon upgrades.

Train up to fly Dictors and I promise you no shortage of null corps happy to have you. From there go mine in null to your heart's content, build stuff, make BPC's...carebear like a boss..no one will ask more of you than to fleet up and die gloriously once in awhile. It's really just that simple, folks.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#272 - 2013-08-01 16:48:18 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

One station in each constellation would be nice. Nullers are always whining about lack of industry slots...

That's really a different problem, to be honest. What they complain about is the fact that player industry in null is nothing even close to empire industry.

Secondly, what you are describing is true of a lot of NPC nullsec. The pirate factions have stations there, you know?

Really, the problem is that your expectations aren't matching the reality of the region. What you describe does exist, just not in sov.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#273 - 2013-08-01 16:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

That's really a different problem, to be honest. What they complain about is the fact that player industry in null is nothing even close to empire industry.

Secondly, what you are describing is true of a lot of NPC nullsec. The pirate factions have stations there, you know?

Really, the problem is that your expectations aren't matching the reality of the region. What you describe does exist, just not in sov.

And that really is the problem right there. It doesn't exist in Sov space. Therefore very few people looking to hunt deep in Sov exist. Its too annoying to be worth it. The result, pockets of extremely safe space that are is the richest space in EvE in terms of carebearing.

You know how many pods I have locked in my Proteus after blowing up their ships... too many. They don't even have basic PvP skills to save their pods. Because they almost never have to worry about other players.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#274 - 2013-08-01 16:58:52 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

The issue is a total lack of reasonable mechanics to refit, dock, reship, rearm that exists within 25 jumps simply because there are no stations available. With no stations available I have zero options with one account.

See, there it is again, this feeling that you are entitled to go somewhere with no support, no friends, no alts and succeed. No, you should not be able to refit, dock, reship or rearm in someone elses space unless you bring and a alt or friend with a ship that will allow you to do that.

you wanting to "solo" sov null is no different form me wanting to solo a C6.

You could, however, help sustain yourself with one account though it would be a bit tedius. Train your main and an alt on your 1 account to use a tech1 armor logi and hull rep. Fly that tech1 logi alt somewhere, log him off, log on your main, fly him there, party down and kill stuff.

if you take damage, log in your logi alt, get out of the logi ship, log off, log on you main and proteus, rep your pro, log off pro and main, log in logi alt and board your logi and log him off.

if anything, the ONLY thing CCP should do is make switching characters on a single account easier.

Quote:

I'm up to 20 kills now, I can't loot, I have one bubble I have to drop and pick up immediately when I kill someone and hope no one turns up before it unanchors because I have no replacements. Its annoying as hell, fun but annoying.

As I've said before, this is you confusing self imposed limitations with "problems" with the game. 1 friend in a logi ship or carrier would solve all of your issues. But that's not good enough, you have to have it all your way.

Sorry, this is EVE, not burger king.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#275 - 2013-08-01 17:03:04 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

And that really is the problem right there. It doesn't exist in SoV space. Therefore very few people looking to hunt deep in Sov exist. Its too annoy. The result, pockets of extremely safe space that are is the richest space in EvE in terms of carebearing.

You know how many pods I have locked in my Proteus after blowing up their ships... too many. They don't even have basic PvP skills to save their pods. Because they almost never have to worry about other players.

It's not safe space, or you wouldn't be getting kills. (and, with there being no stations, their pods have to warp to a bookmark, not just left click their overview and mash the warp key. And everyone in eve knows it's a pain to navigate the drop down menus sometimes. It's cost me my fair share of deaths, accidentally hovering over the wrong menu)

The problem is that Sov has several attributes. First, it is hard. Harder than highsec in any case(especially the logistics of living there). Secondly, it requires teamwork (lots of it).

A lot of people dislike those two things. You yourself have said you don't want the trouble of bringing in other people.

Sov is for the people who like both of those things, are willing to do it, and have the means to do it.

Sov is not for anyone else.

The same statement can be made about plenty of other places in the game. Wormholes are not for people who won't use D-scan. Those people get the floor mopped with them by the people who are doing it right. Markets are not for people who won't use spreadsheets or do the math for it, they get undercut or their market bought out from under them by the people who are doing it right.

The game is full of things like this.

But if you are telling me that the sov players aren't really able to defend themselves, I say so what? That applies to most of the game, firstly, and secondly, that just makes it easier for you to kill them.

But if it were the case where you could dock up as you please, rearm and refit whenever you liked, and have all (or honestly, any) of the same advantages the people who actually own that space have? No one would PvE there, sov would be trivial for it. It almost is anyway, because highsec is so attractive in comparison if your goal is money.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#276 - 2013-08-01 17:03:48 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

And that really is the problem right there. It doesn't exist in Sov space. Therefore very few people looking to hunt deep in Sov exist. Its too annoying to be worth it. The result, pockets of extremely safe space that are is the richest space in EvE in terms of carebearing.

If you were really concerned with stopping people from making ridicules isk in safety, you'd be attacking incursion folks in 5 bil isk Machariels and Vindicators (which don't even enter the incursion sites without a WING of logistics ships) that are making 180 mil an hour per pilot in high sec HQs while being protected by concord , not trying to shoot 100 million isk Oracles in null sec.

But there goes another one of your misconceptions showing, and those misconceptions fuel your actions, and thus frustrations.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#277 - 2013-08-01 17:15:43 UTC
5bil isk shint ships in highsec are just amazing.

I mean one of those could get you two ratting carriers.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#278 - 2013-08-01 17:32:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Alavaria Fera wrote:

My old ratting Sentry Thanatos I used to fly costs less than 1.5 bil. I could buy 3 of those for the cost of this one shiny incursion boat.. And i'd need those 3 to make more than that one Mach can doing HQs lol (best I'be made triple boxing carriers was 220-230 mil an hour...in null sec...risking cap ships....when i could have used one toon in one ship as part of in incursion shiny fleet and made just 40 mil per hour less......).

But noes, those ratting Oracles and Nags and Ravens raking in that whopping 60 to 80 mil an hour ratting in null, THAT has to stop lol.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#279 - 2013-08-01 17:48:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Aidan Brooder wrote:

So, are you a cyno alt for PL, NCdot or perhaps BL?

401k might be a possibility but they're running away from BL or so I understand they're invading lowsec elsewhere from where they are now.

You know not of what you write.

Quote:

They made SOV to keep people out? Tell the people holding SOV that the mechanic is broken. Twisted

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#280 - 2013-08-01 17:55:52 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

My old ratting Sentry Thanatos I used to fly costs less than 1.5 bil. I could buy 3 of those for the cost of this one shiny incursion boat.. And i'd need those 3 to make more than that one Mach can doing HQs lol (best I'be made triple boxing carriers was 220-230 mil an hour...in null sec...risking cap ships....when i could have used one toon in one ship as part of in incursion shiny fleet and made just 40 mil per hour less......).

But noes, those ratting Oracles and Nags and Ravens raking in that whopping 60 to 80 mil an hour ratting in null, THAT has to stop lol.

I just estimated my ship.

638.64 million ISK estimated sell value in Jita 597.30 million ISK estimated buy value in Jita

****. I can't even replace it. I need to go re-learn how to not fly what I can't afford to lose. Might check that null sec a bit more while flying ship I can afford to lose...