These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Industry alt questions

Author
JonnyRandom
#1 - 2013-08-01 13:42:11 UTC
So on one character, with high skills, the maximum number of industry jobs I can run at one time is 10. Correct?
Then, if on the same account I create another character, and train him up in industry so I can have another 10 industry jobs... can I have 20 jobs running at the same time on the account? From two different characters? Or is there some kind of account-wide limit on this?
Coral Theisman
Space Ants
Dead Terrorists
#2 - 2013-08-01 13:46:29 UTC
JonnyRandom wrote:
So on one character, with high skills, the maximum number of industry jobs I can run at one time is 10. Correct?
Then, if on the same account I create another character, and train him up in industry so I can have another 10 industry jobs... can I have 20 jobs running at the same time on the account? From two different characters? Or is there some kind of account-wide limit on this?

No limit account wide.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#3 - 2013-08-01 13:53:40 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Coral Theisman wrote:
No limit account wide.

Well... 33. 3 Characters, 11 slots each...

And that's 33 manufacturing jobs and 33 research jobs (with appropriate skills, ofc).

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

JonnyRandom
#4 - 2013-08-01 13:57:53 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Coral Theisman wrote:
No limit account wide.

And that's 33 manufacturing jobs and 33 research jobs (with appropriate skills, ofc).

That's not enough for my plans! X
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#5 - 2013-08-01 14:03:52 UTC
JonnyRandom wrote:

There is official no account-wide limit on the S&I Jobs you can have.

The actual maximum number of MFG slots a character can operate is 11 (1 + 5 from Mass Production + 5 from Adv. Mass Production). Adv Production is a Rank 8 skill, which means the 1.7m SP required to train for that 11'th slot is more skill points than are required to train Industry V, PE V, MP V, AND Adv MP III. This means, training up a second character to run more MFG slots is by far the more productive option.

A serious manufacturer may even train all 3 character's per account to do MFG, typically having 30 MFG lines available. The absolute max per accout is 33, only because the max per character is 11.

Realize, each Character can simultaneously have up to 11 MFG jobs (to build stuff) AND up to 11 science jobs (PE Research, ME research, Copying, Invention, and Reverse Engineering), with up to 3 characters per account.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#6 - 2013-08-01 14:05:31 UTC
JonnyRandom wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Coral Theisman wrote:
No limit account wide.

That's not enough for my plans! X

Grab another account (or 3). Any halfway decent industry operation will be able to easily support the PLEX costs

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

JonnyRandom
#7 - 2013-08-01 14:18:11 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

Grab another account (or 3). Any halfway decent industry operation will be able to easily support the PLEX costs

Hm, that's a lot of training time. Can I activate dual character training with plex?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#8 - 2013-08-01 14:25:05 UTC
JonnyRandom wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Hm, that's a lot of training time. Can I activate dual character training with plex?

Yeah, but each account can train 1 Character to begin with without dual training, so it's not really longer than your initial plan of 3 characters on one account.

JonnyRandom
#9 - 2013-08-01 14:43:13 UTC
Hm, yeh, you're right. I'll need to decide if I want to ramp up slowly or go all in.

Thanks for the help everyone!