These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Happy Yorkshire Day!

Author
Max Godsnottlingson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-08-01 10:49:28 UTC
To all my fellow Tykes in Eve and Real Life

"Happy Yorkshire Day"

And especially so to our fellow Tykes in far, distant and strange lands. Like Manchester or gawd forbid London!Big smile
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#2 - 2013-08-01 11:21:22 UTC
You mean it actually exsists? Shocked i thought Yorkshire was just a myth or one of those legends like the one about the magical land of Australia. Giant hopping rats indeed Lol, so what is this yorkshire like?..
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#3 - 2013-08-01 11:26:57 UTC
Red Rose regards my White Rose friend Big smile

Les

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#4 - 2013-08-01 11:53:03 UTC
I thought people in Yorkshire sold their children for medical experiments, then sang silly songs about their sperm. Big smile

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Max Godsnottlingson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-08-01 13:10:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Godsnottlingson
Oh bless! All this envy from the non-Yorkshire community. It must be terrible not being one of those chosen to have been born in Gods own Country!Big smile

PS, In mentioning "Gods own Country" no offence is intended at all. But refers to an old, old running joke/claim between folks who generally live in the North of England; and even the Scots, who like to chip in on occasion.
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#6 - 2013-08-01 14:16:28 UTC
My Apologies....yet in the interest of True World Awareness and the Glory that is Lancashire, may I present unto you a ticker indicitive of the International effort encompassed in bringing Education to the greater Washed and indeed Unwashed of this truly Global Community..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFw5a2_2xK4

(very much tongue-in-cheek and sincerely hope that no offence is perceived)

Les

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#7 - 2013-08-01 15:00:59 UTC
Relevant

@Krixtal, that's not Yorkshire, that's Norfolk

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#8 - 2013-08-01 16:40:13 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Relevant

@Krixtal, that's not Yorkshire, that's Norfolk

Lol The Meaning of Life is a Lie !

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Myfanwy Heimdal
Heimdal Freight and Manufacture Inc
#9 - 2013-08-02 18:54:30 UTC
Yorkshire. I remember in the 70s when husbands drove their suffering wives, which were very much in labour, towards the Yorkshire border and when the child was born in some ditch or barn would enquire of the vet/doctor/whomever was passing "Are we in Yorkshire and is it a boy?"

Alas Yorkshire CCC relaxed the rules on players in years since.

Pam:  I wonder what my name means in Welsh?Nessa: Why?

Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2013-08-02 19:07:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainus Max
Aye ya can't beat a bit of Parkin on Yorkshire day especially if you are out on Ilkla moor baht'at.

And if ya don't like Parkin you could always try a Yorkshire Pudding and Golden Syrup.

Best place on the planet by far.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-08-03 04:38:33 UTC
Just leaving this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_qjjZ2Y2SU

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate