These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Aggression Mechanics

Author
dannyBOy16437
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-08-01 05:08:38 UTC
Hi,

I've been on an extended break from Eve (About 2 years) and am getting back into the game. Loads of new stuff for me to learn Sad.

My knowledge of aggression mechanics has shrunk somewhat, and I remember something being changed. So imagine the following situation:

You have 3 ships. Ship 1 is remote repping Ship 2. Ship 2 then beings firing upon Ship 3.

What I would like to know is what happens if:

1) Ship 2 had no aggression timer to Ship 3, so Ship 2 is about to be Concordden. Will Ship 1 also be concordden or does the rep automatically stop, or a warning given?

2) Ship 2 had previously an aggression timer to Ship 3, so will Ship 3 automatically gain an aggression timer to Ship 1, or does Ship 1 get a warning?

3) Ship 2 and Ship 3 are in the same corp. Does Ship 3 still get an aggression timer to Ship 1?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#2 - 2013-08-01 05:16:00 UTC
Crimewatch Devblog

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

dannyBOy16437
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-08-01 05:23:14 UTC
Thanks for the link!

So number 2 isn't possible anymore I guess- then what exactly will happen if 1 or 3 occour?
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#4 - 2013-08-01 05:30:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Archibald Thistlewaite III
1) I believe this will depend on the safety setting of the logi pilot, if its set red he will get concorded. If yellow or green the reps should shut off.

If a pilot interferes in a Limited Engagement (LE) between two other pilots they get a suspect flag, which allows anyone to shoot them.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

dannyBOy16437
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-08-01 05:32:29 UTC
I see.

What if the two people shooting are in the same corp, with no suspect timers on either? What happens to the neutral logi?

Thanks for all your help so far Big smile
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#6 - 2013-08-01 05:37:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Gizznitt Malikite
dannyBOy16437 wrote:
Hi,

I've been on an extended break from Eve (About 2 years) and am getting back into the game. Loads of new stuff for me to learn Sad.

My knowledge of aggression mechanics has shrunk somewhat, and I remember something being changed. So imagine the following situation:

You have 3 ships. Ship 1 is remote repping Ship 2. Ship 2 then beings firing upon Ship 3.

What I would like to know is what happens if:

1) Ship 2 had no aggression timer to Ship 3, so Ship 2 is about to be Concordden. Will Ship 1 also be concordden or does the rep automatically stop, or a warning given?

2) Ship 2 had previously an aggression timer to Ship 3, so will Ship 3 automatically gain an aggression timer to Ship 1, or does Ship 1 get a warning?

3) Ship 2 and Ship 3 are in the same corp. Does Ship 3 still get an aggression timer to Ship 1?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

We now have crimewatch 2.0.... you should google the dev blog and read up on it.

We no longer have the endless chain of X can shoot Y can shoot Z can shoot.... Instead, we have basic flags:

There is a criminal flag: You get this by shooting someone illegally in highsec, or shooting a pod illegally in lowsec. If you enter highsec with a criminal flag, concord cometh to destroy your ship.

There is a suspect flag: You get this by stealing from a can in highsec, illegally shooting a ship in lowsec, by having killrights activated on you, or because you remote rep someone engaged in a fight, against a player that cannot already legally shoot you. When you have a suspect flag, everyone can shoot you legally.

Limited engagement flag: This flag happens when you accept a duel with another player, or if you shoot a criminal/Suspect. This enables the person you shot, or your dueling partner, to legally attack you.

In general, remote assisting a player will cause you to acquire most flags that player has (weapons, PvP, criminal, and Suspect flags), with the exception of limited engagement flags. If the target is in a limited engagement, and you remote assist them, you gain a suspect flag. Also, if you are out of corp, and remote assist a player at war, currently engaged in combat, you gain a suspect flag.

Finally, CCP also implemented a "safety" setting (the green LED on the top left of your capacitor). If set to green, your ship will be prevented from committing any act that would make you a criminal or suspect. If set to yellow, your ship will be prevented from committing any acts that would make you a criminal. On this setting, there is no warning, no safety popup to stop you from committing an action that makes you a suspect. If set to red, all safeties are disabled, and you can commit a criminal action by accidentally pushing f1 on the wrong target. There will be no warnings, no "are you sure" dialog boxes. And if you commit a criminal action in highsec, concord will destroy you.

With this in mind, here is the answer to your questions:

1.) If ship 2 illegally attacks ship 3, they will gain a criminal flag, and concord will arrive soon to blow them up. If ship 1 has their safety setting to red, I'm pretty sure they will continue repping Ship 2, get a criminal flag, and die to concord (it might auto-deactivate, but i wouldn't count on it). If ship 1 has their safety settings to yellow or green, their RR will automatically stop, and they won't be able to reactivate the RR modules until they change their safety settings.

2.) If Ship 3 can legally shoot ship 2, but NOT ship 1, and ship 1 remote reps ship 2 while ship 2 & 3 are attacking each other, then ship 1 gains a suspect flag. This means not only can ship 3 legally shoot ship 1, but so can ship 2, ship 4,5,6,7,8,9, and everyone else. The only exception to this is if ship 2 & 3 are in the same corp as one another.

3.) If ship 2 and 3 are in the same corp, Ship 1 can come and rep ship 2 or ship 3 (or both), and neither ship 2 nor ship 3 can shoot them back. This is generally considered broken, but doesn't happen very often outside of corp AWOXing. CCP doesn't have a clear way to fix this at the moment, and so if you are dealing with an AWOXer, it is something you need to be prepared for (it is also something you can abuse).
dannyBOy16437
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-08-01 05:44:30 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Useful information

Thanks thats exactly what I wanted to know!