These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

T2 Logi Frigs

Author
Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-07-31 18:49:00 UTC
Shereza wrote:
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
But...why would you want to fly one of those when you could fly a T1 logi cruiser instead and get lots more reps and ehp and not cost nearly as much as a t2 frigate would?

Because it isn't a frigate and can't keep up with frigates.

As a part time devil's advocate I'd like to point out that purely from a movement perspective cruisers fitted for speed can keep up with frigates not so fitted. There are sacrifices of course, but when comparing a speed-fit osprey to a bantam you can achieve a faster align time, 90%-98% of the velocity, and still manage 3-4x the base EHP before non-speed mods/rigs are factored in.

:)

Don't forget a bigger sig radius for lolz
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#22 - 2013-07-31 19:26:32 UTC
I fully support this idea! I would love to see mini Oneiros repping my Enyos. The Serket is a great name for the Gallente one, as many Gallente ships use names of gods and goddesses. Maybe they could also receive an MWD cap use bonus too Smile

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Shereza
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-08-01 17:39:33 UTC
Aramis Defranzac wrote:
Shereza wrote:
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
But...why would you want to fly one of those when you could fly a T1 logi cruiser instead and get lots more reps and ehp and not cost nearly as much as a t2 frigate would?

As a part time devil's advocate I'd like to point out that purely from a movement perspective cruisers fitted for speed can keep up with frigates not so fitted. There are sacrifices of course, but when comparing a speed-fit osprey to a bantam you can achieve a faster align time, 90%-98% of the velocity, and still manage 3-4x the base EHP before non-speed mods/rigs are factored in.

Yeah, but it ranges from barely over 2x the signature radius to a bit under 3x. IIRC the osprey/bantam pair is the closest to 3x with 35m on the bantam and 95m on the osprey. Not good, but not horrible either, and I don't think it would reduce the lifespan of a T1 cruiser by much compared to the lifespan of a T2 logistics frigate.
Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-08-01 19:52:04 UTC
Shereza wrote:
Aramis Defranzac wrote:
Shereza wrote:
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:

Yeah, but it ranges from barely over 2x the signature radius to a bit under 3x. IIRC the osprey/bantam pair is the closest to 3x with 35m on the bantam and 95m on the osprey. Not good, but not horrible either, and I don't think it would reduce the lifespan of a T1 cruiser by much compared to the lifespan of a T2 logistics frigate.

Every advantage counts and 2 or 3 x the sig radius can have a profound impact, especially when fit to try and keep up with frigs.

This isn't about replacing cruisers, this is for skill progression within a defined role, which in this case is logistics.

I think that it plays well with the Electronic Attack Frigates, and the Assault Frigates.

Besides this is Eve, what better way to mix it up then to counter drop a 250 Man Serket Fleet for support!!!!!

- Aramis
Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-08-01 20:42:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Aramis Defranzac
Serket is such a great name for the Gallente Support Frigate, that I think we should finish naming the rest of them

As someone wiser than me once said, nothing is anything until it has been named, and maybe by naming them CCP will make it happenTwisted

Gallente: Serket
(Goddess of healing stings and bites, and the Gallente love their gods!!!)

Caldari: Pegasus

(My origins are Caldari, and my corp is Wild Stallions, closest I can get to a bird and have the name tied back to me.)

Minmatar: Gale

(Strong Wind, fits the mantra)

Amarr: Cleric

(Perfect fit for the race as a whole, and ties a little into my DnD roots, and hell this is an MMORPG!!!)

- Aramis
Randy Wray
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-08-01 21:01:17 UTC
Aramis Defranzac wrote:
Serket is such a great name for the Gallente Support Frigate, that I think we should finish naming the rest of them

As someone wiser than me once said, nothing is anything until it has been named, and maybe by naming them CCP will make it happenTwisted

(My origins are Caldari, and my corp is Wild Stallions, closest I can get to a bird and have the name tied back to me.)

(Perfect fit for the race as a whole, and ties a little into my DnD roots, and hell this is an MMORPG!!!)

- Aramis

That's just perfect.

Solo Pvper in all areas of space including wormhole space. Check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6M3xV43Af-3E1ds0tTyew/feed for mostly small scale pvp in lowsec/nullsec

twitch.tv/randywray

Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-08-01 22:21:47 UTC
CCP Rise,

+1 if you like the names Big smile

- Aramis
Shereza
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-08-02 04:36:33 UTC
Aramis Defranzac wrote:
Every advantage counts and 2 or 3 x the sig radius can have a profound impact, especially when fit to try and keep up with frigs.

This isn't about replacing cruisers, this is for skill progression within a defined role, which in this case is logistics.

I think that it plays well with the Electronic Attack Frigates, and the Assault Frigates.

And I never said otherwise. The primary/initial focus of my comments was about the whole "can't keep up with frigates" comment(s) about using logistics cruisers.

Aramis Defranzac wrote:
Besides this is Eve, what better way to mix it up then to counter drop a 250 Man Serket Fleet for support!!!!!

Bring in a fleet of 125 each:
[Arazu, Pest 1]
800mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Scan Resolution Dampening Script
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

250mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Inverted Signal Field Projector I

Hammerhead II x3
Hobgoblin II x2

[Arazu, Pest 2]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

ECM - Multispectral Jammer II

Vespa EC-600 x3
Hornet EC-300 x2

/shrugs. Just a thought.

Aramis Defranzac wrote:

- Aramis

If zephyr weren't already taken I'd consider promoting it over gale for the Minmatar ship, but given the Scimitar name for the T2 logistics cruiser khopesh might work better by keeping it within the sword name philosophy.

Speaking of philosophy with a name like guardian for the T2 Amarr logistics cruiser "cleric" just doesn't feel right for a T2 logistics frigate. Warden or, to avoid confusion with the drone, warder might work better as they're a bit more in line with a "guardian" naming theme.

Frankly for the Caldari variant I'd want to call it a Medusa and be done with it. It fits in with the basilisk name by dint of the whole "turn something to stone" aspect and the naga for the serpent creature/god aspect. However, since Medusa is, more or less, a proper name why not go with the "species" name and call the T2 Caldari logistics ship a gorgon?

Frankly though, I don't have a clue what to call a Gallente T2 logistics frigate though. Going by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneiros having a dream-themed name might be best for keeping in line with the T2 cruiser's name. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of applicable European mythology on the subject that would be suitable. If it weren't for some of the connotations involved with it I'd suggest epiales, but give that T2 logistics frigates would probably be on the training path to a T2 logistics cruiser pylai might be somewhat more appropriate as it's something of a "gateway" ship.

Mind you I'm not objecting to or arguing against serket for a T2 Gallente logistics frigate, I'm just suggesting names that, to me at least, are somewhat in line with the current T2 logistics crusiers' names. Also, for those who don't like clicking links go ahead and click on that one. It's got some information of potential interest to anyone curious about where CCP might have, and probably, picked up some of the names of Gallente ships.
Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-08-02 19:36:27 UTC
Shereza wrote:
Aramis Defranzac wrote:

And I never said otherwise. The primary/initial focus of my comments was about the whole "can't keep up with frigates" comment(s) about using logistics cruisers.

Aramis Defranzac wrote:

Bring in a fleet of 125 each:
[Arazu, Pest 1]
Damage Control II

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Hammerhead II x3
Hobgoblin II x2

[Arazu, Pest 2]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

Vespa EC-600 x3
Hornet EC-300 x2

/shrugs. Just a thought.

Aramis Defranzac wrote:

- Aramis

If zephyr weren't already taken I'd consider promoting it over gale for the Minmatar ship, but given the Scimitar name for the T2 logistics cruiser khopesh might work better by keeping it within the sword name philosophy.

Speaking of philosophy with a name like guardian for the T2 Amarr logistics cruiser "cleric" just doesn't feel right for a T2 logistics frigate. Warden or, to avoid confusion with the drone, warder might work better as they're a bit more in line with a "guardian" naming theme.

Frankly for the Caldari variant I'd want to call it a Medusa and be done with it. It fits in with the basilisk name by dint of the whole "turn something to stone" aspect and the naga for the serpent creature/god aspect. However, since Medusa is, more or less, a proper name why not go with the "species" name and call the T2 Caldari logistics ship a gorgon?

Frankly though, I don't have a clue what to call a Gallente T2 logistics frigate though. Going by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneiros having a dream-themed name might be best for keeping in line with the T2 cruiser's name. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of applicable European mythology on the subject that would be suitable. If it weren't for some of the connotations involved with it I'd suggest epiales, but give that T2 logistics frigates would probably be on the training path to a T2 logistics cruiser pylai might be somewhat more appropriate as it's something of a "gateway" ship.

Mind you I'm not objecting to or arguing against serket for a T2 Gallente logistics frigate, I'm just suggesting names that, to me at least, are somewhat in line with the current T2 logistics crusiers' names. Also, for those who don't like clicking links go ahead and click on that one. It's got some information of potential interest to anyone curious about where CCP might have, and probably, picked up some of the names of Gallente ships.

I definitely like the idea of Khopesh, but I would think it suites a larger class of ship.

Perhaps Gladius?

Love the idea of Gorgon, but I want a Pegasus, I can be selfish!!!!Twisted

Now "Warder" is pretty cool, but I think that "Cleric" rings louder and into a broader audience. It will give the albeit smaller percentage of the community RPs, something new to chew on, while maybe catching the eye of potentially new players that know nothing about eve. For example, If I were to say Cleric, and video game, you immediately jump to healer class, which most of the community and those outside of it can relate.

Just a thought

- Aramis
Shereza
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-08-02 22:07:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Shereza
Aramis Defranzac wrote:
I definitely like the idea of Khopesh, but I would think it suites a larger class of ship.

Perhaps Gladius?

Gladius would probably work as well. I was looking at it more from a, "They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords." perspective myself, not merely a "keep it in the sheath" point of view.

Aramis Defranzac wrote:

Of course you can be selfish! I was simply working within the snake/bird context for naming most Caldari ships. Smile

Aramis Defranzac wrote:
Now "Warder" is pretty cool, but I think that "Cleric" rings louder and into a broader audience. It will give the albeit smaller percentage of the community RPs, something new to chew on, while maybe catching the eye of potentially new players that know nothing about eve. For example, If I were to say Cleric, and video game, you immediately jump to healer class, which most of the community and those outside of it can relate.

Honestly, I didn't think of it from that perspective, and now that you've brought it up I think you might have shot yourself in the foot with the people who don't want to see EVE Online become "WoW-ified."

Also every time I see "cleric" I can't help but think "Blood Raider" for some reason. Pirate
Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-08-02 22:23:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Aramis Defranzac
Shereza wrote:
Aramis Defranzac wrote:

Perhaps Gladius?

Gladius would probably work as well. I was looking at it more from a, "They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords." perspective myself, not merely a "keep it in the sheath" point of view.

Aramis Defranzac wrote:

Of course you can be selfish! I was simply working within the snake/bird context for naming most Caldari ships. Smile

Aramis Defranzac wrote:

Honestly, I didn't think of it from that perspective, and now that you've brought it up I think you might have shot yourself in the foot with the people who don't want to see EVE Online become "WoW-ified."

Also every time I see "cleric" I can't help but think "Blood Raider" for some reason. Pirate

Hopefully not, it was merely a statement that I hoped would grab an even larger audience Twisted

So... how bout the "Vicar" short, sweet, and a synonym. It was actually my first choice but I thought the Cleric would give some people an additional reason to read about eve.
Shereza
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-08-03 02:56:12 UTC
I suppose vicar would work well enough so long as there isn't a so-named Blood Raider NPC, but then the same issue could occur with warders too. I'd still rather see warder used simply because it fits better alongside guardian than vicar, or cleric, does.
Aramis Defranzac
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-08-04 21:41:21 UTC
Shereza wrote:
I suppose vicar would work well enough so long as there isn't a so-named Blood Raider NPC, but then the same issue could occur with warders too. I'd still rather see warder used simply because it fits better alongside guardian than vicar, or cleric, does.

I'd be fine with either of the three...

Lets see what CCP calls them when they are introduced to the game Big smile

Radhe Amatin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-08-05 12:08:24 UTC
How about "Protector" or " Savior" or " Preserver" for amarr t2 logi?

For minmatar how about " Cutlass" or "Kris" or " Dagger"

For Gallente " Eir" (norse goddess of healing)

For caldari how about "hydra" or "Siren"
Previous page12