These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Improvements to the fitting window

First post First post
Author
Garr Anders
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2011-11-10 16:48:07 UTC
Is there a way to see the stats with mods that need to be activated or only set certain modules to be activated?

E.g.

Cap duration:

• I want to see how much it is with shield hardeners on but the MWD off?
  • I want to see how long my cap lasts with everything on but not the cap booster?
  • I want to see how long my cap last without having the neut active but all other stuff ...

GRIEV3R
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#82 - 2011-11-10 16:50:55 UTC
Dear CCP,
These changes are very good. Thank you so much. I really mean that.

Consider this suggestion though:
To really revamp the fitting interface "right" you'd need to incorporate almost all of the features that EFT already has. Why not hire the smart people who created EFT to just code the entire thing into the Eve client? EFT is an amazing program; I feel like including it would greatly improve the player experience.
- it allows you to test fits without spending isk
- it shows a comprehensive breakdown of your fit's tank stats
- it shows all the information we capsuleers need to see about our weapons at a glance
- it shows things like align time and lock time
- it allows you to very accurately understand your ships capacitor consumption by activating or deactivating modules
- it includes cap boosters in cap stability
- it included tracking scripts in weapon stats
- it allows you to save unlimited fits

Look at all the new things you would have to create to truly offer the kind of functionality that we players have come to consider standard. It seems to me like ir would be way easier to just hire the EFT creators to code their program into Eve.

Regardless, I am very, very happy with all the improvements that have been announced. You guys are really making feel like the 5 accounts I pay for are worth it.
BeanBagKing
The Order of Atlas
#83 - 2011-11-10 16:51:58 UTC
Ore Grinder wrote:
I think there should be an export button. Click this button, and an EFT formatted fitting text string is sent to the clipboard. Open up EFT and paste. There you have all of your extra stuff like falloff, speed with stuff on or off, damage type amounts, graphs... and everything else now and in the future.

I've always wished CCP would support some kind of "copy to clipboard" and "import from clipboard" function. It would be nice if it was compatible with EFT, but I can understand why they might not want to use the format of a 3rd party developer. If they created their own though I have the feeling it wouldn't be long before 3rd party developers added this functionality into their own. It would make importing/exporting so much easier.
XerXes SX
TriOptimum Citadel
#84 - 2011-11-10 16:52:00 UTC
how about switching the cargo and dronebay, so it shows the amount left and not used
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#85 - 2011-11-10 17:03:26 UTC
Anyone notice that Hurricane fit?

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Karen Ichijou
Perkone
Caldari State
#86 - 2011-11-10 17:06:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Karen Ichijou
Is it posible to get a breakdown by damage type?
Like if you click on the dps frame of the fitting window you'll get something like:

(sorry if the table is illegible, it looks fine to me Big smile)

Type...........................EM..............TH.................EX.................KN

Turrets.......................350.............160...................0...................0
Drone [hobgobli.........400.................0...................0...................0
Drone [Ogre II]...............0.................0...................0...................0
Smartboms....................0.................0...................0...................0
Insane Randomness
Stellar Pilgrimage
#87 - 2011-11-10 17:21:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Insane Randomness
Breacca wrote:
This cane needs a speedmod and is way overtanked...
Big smile

Awe don't be ragging on the passivecane.
Mal Darkrunner
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#88 - 2011-11-10 17:22:47 UTC
This is a nice addition to the fitting window, though it's not going to make EFT etc. obsolete yet ...

Big smile
Kern Walzky
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#89 - 2011-11-10 17:26:54 UTC
How about fixing the lag when refitting ships in space?

there is a bit module /drag lag...really annoying !!
Evil Incarn8
Evil's League of Evil
#90 - 2011-11-10 17:37:01 UTC
Do the stats displayed now take modules requireing activation into account?

Such as increased lock range due to sensor boosters? or resistances due to active hardeners?

This was always a place where EFT > ingame fitting screen as you had to undock and turn the mods on and look at ship info to get correct values.
Uhura Dennkhar
Chronosphere Inc.
#91 - 2011-11-10 17:52:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Uhura Dennkhar
Could you add this for tank:

-NPC damage type for tank calculation

-and also racial profil: like hybrid profil, emp profil, laser profil... (maybe this line is useless...)

And Also a way to have the stat with all online (or partial online) and overloaded...

well that's an EFT IG, it would be nice to have everything inside the box

thanks
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#92 - 2011-11-10 17:59:15 UTC
I did notice from test server, however this is one of the greatest features coming to Eve for a long time...
EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC !!!!

Can we have missile range displayed too?
CobaltSixty
Fawkes' Loyal Professionals
#93 - 2011-11-10 18:17:29 UTC
I'm enjoying the changes to the fitting screen... I'm not enjoying the suggestion that CCP commission Gripen to somehow graft EFT into EVE. Part of this game's magic is that it requires homebrew utilities and the like for contemplation, measurement, on-paper testing (EFT warrioring), etc. It makes sense that the fitting screen should show a little bit more information and it happens to be information that's already available in EFT (+1 for a volley damage readout under/beside the gun and missile DPS indicators), but the purpose of the fitting screen is not to simulate; it's to display your ship's CURRENT configuration. It's a graphical condensation of everything you could determine with time and math in the Show Info window.

Regarding missile range, it's not that hard to memorize ALL the distances and you should. That said, I've always wanted to be able to mouse-over my missile launchers while on the tactical overview and see their range in the same manner as turrets and EWAR mods show. So...

CCP, if you do end up adding a field to the fitting screen with the rather simple maths for the range of loaded missiles, please oh please dump that value into memory and have it write to a phantom line value in the launchers themselves which can be rendered on mouse-over in the same way as the gun/module optimals (+ falloff) are. Or... forget the fitting screen field and just make the tactical overlay work with missiles? =D
Aerieth
The Sleeper Sleuths
#94 - 2011-11-10 18:20:56 UTC
I stopped reading the forum comments to Dev Blogs a long time ago because I was tired of reading the Dev Blog and thinking "Yay that sounds exciting" then reading the forums and coming away with a feeling of negativity as the complaints surmounted.

So when I read this Dev Blog I thought ... man I have to go check the comments there is no way someone would complain about finally being able to see their DPS ... and as I am reading these comments I am realizing the impossibility I was expecting. Thank you EVE community.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#95 - 2011-11-10 18:33:39 UTC
Garr Anders wrote:
Is there a way to see the stats with mods that need to be activated or only set certain modules to be activated?

E.g.

Cap duration:

• I want to see how much it is with shield hardeners on but the MWD off?
  • I want to see how long my cap lasts with everything on but not the cap booster?
  • I want to see how long my cap last without having the neut active but all other stuff ...

You want to download EFT or Pyfa Lol

Overall nice improvements, seems exactly the same we have on SISI

Excellent
Tek Handle
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#96 - 2011-11-10 18:47:26 UTC

Great, now add alpha dmg as well please.
Balor Haliquin
White Wolf Dragoons
#97 - 2011-11-10 19:33:33 UTC
If this has been mentioned before it shows how needed it is.

On the fitting window i would like to see

- A section that lists the bonuses of the ship, so i don't have to constantly open up a show info box on the ship to see what the bonuses are.
- The attack section needs to have the volley damage of the ship, this is for guns and missiles only.
- A way to activate modules so we can see what the new sensor range, gun range, and cap use of the ship is. Right now its really hard to figure that out without using EFT.
- Holding ammo to a gun or group of guns will generate a number in green red or yellow next to the capacitor use, and damage output. Red numbers are bow current damage and increased cap use, yellow is no change, and green shows improvement. Same is true for cap charges and scripts.
Junky Juke
Atom Heart Mothership
#98 - 2011-11-10 19:50:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Junky Juke
Katrina Bekers wrote:
Now, I wonder...

You're showering us with an awesome rain of What We Ever Wanted, and every day the salivation for the Winter Expansion reaches new levels.

We really needed to resort to financial threats (i.e. subs cancelation) to make you return to the glorious path of starship epicness for which we - addicted like we are - worship you guys?

Good times for us! I can feel again the nice atmosphere of about 1 year ago. Sometimes you have to cut branches from the tree to see the fruits sprout...

EDIT: CCP, you still need to match the power of the well known third party tools, come on!!!!
Raigir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2011-11-10 21:53:53 UTC
This is nice and everything thing, but I'm sure theres a couple of things you can add to make it nicer. First being show us volley dmg of turrets/missle. That shouldn't be all that hard, it's just adding. Also, another person mentioned dmg type %'s, such as dealing 80% thermal and 20% kinetic such as when you have phased plasma rounds loaded or whatever (i made up percentages btw just for an example).

Is there also the possibility of putting in how much our skills/implants are affecting the numbers, be it for dps or base stats like speed or hitpoints. You could make it a mouse over on the total values that gives a breakdown like 7500 Base Shield Hitpoints +1875 from skills (+25%) and continue on through implants, and of course when your out in space recieving fleet bonuses it'll show how much is added with fleet in a format like +xxxx from fleet bonus (+xx%).
This could also carry over for when your in wormholes that have penalties or even better, sansha incursion penalties where it could show -xxxx from wormhold penalty (-xx%) , likewise for sansha except maybe do it for your resists -xx% from sansha penalty (-xx%).

All that sounds like a lot, but it could be helpful and would make the fitting screen more well rounded. No harm in giving plenty of information right?
Killgor
Rocks and Roll Inc
#100 - 2011-11-10 22:21:12 UTC
finally. I always wondered why if third parties like EFT, etc could do it why it wasn't in the game. I think we third party tool should be reviewed and best ideas from them put in EVE.