These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Robotic Looking Dude

Author
MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#1 - 2013-07-30 00:20:16 UTC
I haven't been in the game for a while and I was moseying around in Orvolle a couple of days ago when I noticed a character in local with a blue highlight around it. Looking closer, the character appeared to be clad in a covering of armor. The character's bio and description left much to be imagined.

Anyone have an idea what or who that was?

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

Jassmin Joy
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#2 - 2013-07-30 00:22:22 UTC
Dust 514 mercs, from the PS3 game.
Soloman Jackson
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-07-30 00:23:14 UTC
Dust 514 soldier.

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#4 - 2013-07-30 00:25:19 UTC
Well, that was quick.

Kinda' ugly, don't you think?

Discuss

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-07-30 00:28:48 UTC
Sometimes, when I am not busy flying into suns or wondering where babies come from, I go to a dust local system and I pick one of them out as a pet.

I then whisper tender words to him until he logs out or I find a pretty looking sun.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#6 - 2013-07-30 00:47:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
MeestaPenni wrote:
don't you think?

Exactly - I don't think about Dust. There are too many good shooters already to care about +1 (especially when it was developed for 6 y. o. console hardware).
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#7 - 2013-07-30 01:27:00 UTC
Dusties are cool, they got helmets.

I want a helmet!

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-07-30 01:35:10 UTC
MeestaPenni wrote:

They all look like Cylon warriors to me.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Whitehound
#9 - 2013-07-30 06:17:37 UTC
MeestaPenni wrote:

Discuss

GTFO.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-07-30 06:57:07 UTC
Saw thread title about robot looking dude. Was expecting a thread about Shadoo.

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-07-30 07:03:46 UTC
Christopher AET wrote:
Saw thread title about robot looking dude. Was expecting a thread about Shadoo.

I don't believe robots can replicate that level of smugness or eyebrow fluidity.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#12 - 2013-07-30 07:30:41 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Sometimes, when I am not busy flying into suns or wondering where babies come from, I go to a dust local system and I pick one of them out as a pet.

I then whisper tender words to him until he logs out or I find a pretty looking sun.

Hahaha, thank you for that image! I truly envy your playstyle!
One 'Internet Spaceship Forum' like for you sir!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#13 - 2013-07-30 13:57:07 UTC
Woah.....this dumbass thread was plummeting off of the front page faster than a dumbass thread plummeting off of the front page.

So how does a "capsuleer" interact with (read: troll) a Dust player?

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#14 - 2013-07-30 14:02:09 UTC
MeestaPenni wrote:
Woah.....this dumbass thread was plummeting off of the front page faster than a dumbass thread plummeting off of the front page.

So how does a "capsuleer" interact with (read: troll) a Dust player?

Other than local chat?

Strategic bombardment is the popular option, but the dusties have to initiate it
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#15 - 2013-07-30 15:53:56 UTC
DUSTBunnies.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-07-30 16:12:22 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Dusties are cool, they got helmets.

I want a helmet!

You have a pod, greedy!

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-07-30 16:30:54 UTC
MeestaPenni wrote:
I haven't been in the game for a while and I was moseying around in Orvolle a couple of days ago when I noticed a character in local with a blue highlight around it. Looking closer, the character appeared to be clad in a covering of armor. The character's bio and description left much to be imagined.

If it looked like a bot, clearly it was a bot.

You should report him.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Victor Dathar
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#18 - 2013-07-30 16:43:10 UTC
Give us the mechanical man! Give us the mechanical man!

^^^ lol that post is so bad you should get back 2 GBS m8 o7

@grr_goons : Wisdom, Insight, GBS Posts

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#19 - 2013-07-30 22:14:24 UTC
MeestaPenni wrote:

These "Things" that you see are a failed experiment.

Amarr has been carrying on secret breeding experiments using Minmatar slaves and some unusual DNA with the intent of filling all the empty worlds with ground-hugging flatlanders.
This of course failed when it was found that the Minmatar slaves DNA was even weirder than what they were injecting....

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-07-31 01:02:30 UTC
MeestaPenni wrote:

These are the people who found the key to unlock the door in the CQ..........