These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why "high sec bears" don't go to null

First post
Author
Dr No Game
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#141 - 2013-07-29 15:36:55 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I don't want to fight NPC null peeps, I want to murder Sov null bears who think they should be allowed to carebear in complete safety.

Pretty funny coming from a high-sec carebear bad like yourself.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2013-07-29 15:44:04 UTC
Dr No Game wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I don't want to fight NPC null peeps, I want to murder Sov null bears who think they should be allowed to carebear in complete safety.

Pretty funny coming from a high-sec carebear bad like yourself.

Thank you.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#143 - 2013-07-29 16:04:23 UTC
Back to the original thread though (beofre ship fitting derails, I too like Shield Proteus, but then again I love hull tanking Brutix back in the day so what do i know? Cool ).

This thread is redundant. it's like saying "if you make null sec require less thought and effort, more people would go there". No different from how putting gates in wormholes would increase traffic lol.

More people in null might be a good thing (I'm not totally convinced having seen an increase in renters in my time in null and feeling like they contribute nothing except isk for land lord alliances and tears on the forums when cloakys camp them). But not at the expense of the 2nd deepest, darkest part of the game (the 1st now being wormholes). I say let easy mode players stay in easy land and keep the rest of the space interesting and challenging for those who want it.

No need to bland all of EVE for safety and convenience.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#144 - 2013-07-29 16:29:27 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I decided to take my Proteus out for a bit of pew pew in 0.0 space. So I chucked on cloak and nullifier and set course for a nullbear station system 38 jumps into 0.0 space.

Soon as I got there everyone docks up. So I go AFK for a while come back and kill someone who decided to rat in local with a neut in system. I'm not happy with my DPS due to nulli sub so I jump 78 jumps dodging camps back to refit.

Few hours after arriving I spot an Oracle and engage him, being a high seccer with no skills I forgot to turn off my repeat on my XL ASB when I refit and cap out with him at 5% hull. Luckily he burns his guns out and I escape with 40% hull.

He docks up, I jump round trip 78 jumps back for reps.

Operating in 0.0 without joining the sheep is annoying. Its time intensive. It costs twice as much as a normal sub (activated an alt account with RR and cargo of boosters, ammo) to act as ghetto station.

In short 0.0 is shite for non-alliance. I think people might go out if it wasn't so one sidedly balanced in favor of nullbears.

If you want PvP, don't go into sov space - go into NPC null, Syndicate for example is full of PvP opportunities in which you dont jave to join the sheep.

Also, XLASB on Proteus? What the f*ck?

Lol XLSB burst tank for 1200, lows free gives 670 DPS and 2000ms and its covert ops. Aligns fast. If I cant kill him before I run out of charges Ill be tackled by his mates anyway. Im in a hub system with bunch of people in local.

A proteus is not a good ship to run around underestimating alpha in. All it takes is 1 tornado dropping by to say hi and you'll lose a few hundred million + some skill points.

Also, for someone who does 95%+ of your "PvP" in highsec and only jumped a few cynos and a ratting boat or two in null, you sure do try to talk tough. Lol.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#145 - 2013-07-29 16:50:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Lol XLSB burst tank for 1200, lows free gives 670 DPS and 2000ms and its covert ops. Aligns fast. If I cant kill him before I run out of charges Ill be tackled by his mates anyway. Im in a hub system with bunch of people in local.

A proteus is not a good ship to run around underestimating alpha in. All it takes is 1 tornado dropping by to say hi and you'll lose a few hundred million + some skill points.

Also, for someone who does 95%+ of your "PvP" in highsec and only jumped a few cynos and a ratting boat or two in null, you sure do try to talk tough. Lol.

You just fail at reading. No big deal losing a few hundred million and a couple of days training, its insignificant. Regarding high alpha ships, I'm covert ops, they don't see me.

To be honest you really don't know what you're talking about in regards to soloing.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#146 - 2013-07-29 16:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

You just fail at reading. No big deal losing a few hundred million and a couple of days training, its insignificant. Regarding high alpha ships, I'm covert ops, they don't see me.

To be honest you really don't know what you're talking about in regards to soloing.

Riiiiiiight. I don't think you know how PvP works in null, if you think people don't run around with bait ships now and again for the express purpose of shooting idiots in covops cloakers.

Pop a combat ship and you might know what you're talking about. You haven't yet.
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#147 - 2013-07-29 17:03:35 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I decided to take my Proteus out for a bit of pew pew in 0.0 space. So I chucked on cloak and nullifier and set course for a nullbear station system 38 jumps into 0.0 space.

Soon as I got there everyone docks up. So I go AFK for a while come back and kill someone who decided to rat in local with a neut in system. I'm not happy with my DPS due to nulli sub so I jump 78 jumps dodging camps back to refit.

Few hours after arriving I spot an Oracle and engage him, being a high seccer with no skills I forgot to turn off my repeat on my XL ASB when I refit and cap out with him at 5% hull. Luckily he burns his guns out and I escape with 40% hull.

Operating in 0.0 without joining the sheep is annoying. Its time intensive. It costs twice as much as a normal sub (activated an alt account with RR and cargo of boosters, ammo) to act as ghetto station.

In short 0.0 is shite for non-alliance. I think people might go out if it wasn't so one sidedly balanced in favor of nullbears.

So I'd argue that the title for this thread is inaccurate. I don' know of any definition of carebear that includes players off killing neutral strangers for fun. Should have been titled "Some null not fun for inexperienced PvP solo pilots". I didn't detect any"carebearing" here"

Issler
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2013-07-29 17:04:44 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Riiiiiiight. I don't think you know how PvP works in null, if you think people don't run around with bait ships now and again for the express purpose of shooting idiots in covops cloakers.

Pop a combat ship and you might know what you're talking about. You haven't yet.

Actually I do know. I was flying around null long before you even joined the game. Theres a reason one of the Noctis I popped had a scram and buffer tank on it, I just killed it before they had a chance to spring their trap, was warping out when they were warping in.

As for fighting a pvp fit ship, why would I want to d that? One scram and web on a ship that can control range and I'm dead. I don't play EvE to play Gladiators in space. If you like that good for you, I'm playing gank your bears in space and escape to gank again later.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#149 - 2013-07-29 17:10:30 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Actually I do know. I was flying around null long before you even joined the game. Theres a reason one of the Noctis I popped had a scram and buffer tank on it, I just killed it before they had a chance to spring their trap, was warping out when they were warping in.

As for fighting a pvp fit ship, why would I want to d that? One scram and web on a ship that can control range and I'm dead. I don't play EvE to play Gladiators in space. If you like that good for you, I'm playing gank your bears in space and escape to gank again later.

I doubt you've been playing for longer than me. I've been playing for far longer than Akirei has been around.

Also, a Noctis is a pretty ****** bait boat. I'm frankly surprised someone even tried that. But if all you want to do is shoot defenseless blips, you are essentially a PvEr. Might as well try this game if its what gets your blood pumping. PvP is about competition between two human players looking to kill each other in a game, not about a human player mildly inconveniencing another every once in a while.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#150 - 2013-07-29 17:16:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Akirei Scytale wrote:

I doubt you've been playing for longer than me. I've been playing for far longer than Akirei has been around.

Also, a Noctis is a pretty ****** bait boat. I'm frankly surprised someone even tried that. But if all you want to do is shoot defenseless blips, you are essentially a PvEr. Might as well try this game if its what gets your blood pumping. PvP is about competition between two human players looking to kill each other in a game, not about a human player mildly inconveniencing another every once in a while.

You're a tad arrogant in your definition of PvP. I disagree. PvP is where you kill another player regardless of whether they want to fight or not. PvP, robbery, piracy, whatever you want to call it, that's what I do and like to do.

Manfred Hideous
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#151 - 2013-07-29 17:47:03 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:

My PvP is better than your PvP and Eve should redesign the sandbox around how I define PvP. :)
Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#152 - 2013-07-29 18:05:12 UTC
Manfred Hideous wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:

My PvP is better than your PvP and Eve should redesign the sandbox around how I define PvP. :)

Don't forget: "Also I've been around forever. Damn, I was the one whispered the whole EVE idea into those Icelandic guys ears!"

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

Comrade Monk
Blue Nova Labs
#153 - 2013-07-30 05:54:45 UTC
There's a reason all those ratting boats dock up. You'd have to be an idiot to risk your shiny pve fit isk making machine against a pvp ganker setup. It's also usually not worth the effort to reship and waste a couple hours hunting a half decent cloaky. Just because someone doesn't want to waste their time trying to kill you doesn't mean they're care-bears. In null sec, it usually means the odds aren't heavily in their favor. Always remember the most important rule in EVE, fair fights are for losers.
Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#154 - 2013-07-30 06:28:27 UTC
"Null is too stacked in favor of carebears and it takes too long to fly out into the middle of nowhere to find them."
-Don't fly so far away into null and you'll find plenty of good fights.
"The fights I want are the ones that are really far away"
-What? Then stop compaining.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2013-07-30 06:33:25 UTC
Cat Casidy wrote:
"Null is too stacked in favor of carebears and it takes too long to fly out into the middle of nowhere to find them."
-Don't fly so far away into null and you'll find plenty of good fights.
"The fights I want are the ones that are really far away"
-What? Then stop compaining.

As I stated earlier this was not a complaint. A complaint is something like "I don't like null because . . .". This thread was a proposition to the forums regarding a reason something doesn't happen. There is a great difference between the two.

Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
#156 - 2013-07-30 06:40:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Casidy
Flying for three hours in one direction, repeatedly, is boring which I believe is why no one does it. Discuss.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#157 - 2013-07-30 06:50:45 UTC
Cat Casidy wrote:
Flying for three hours in one direction, repeatedly, is boring which is why no one does it. Discuss.

That is not the issue. The issue is there is no incentive to travel out there due to lack of ability to fit, repair, reship and rearm. As stated earlier, nullsec is constant bagging high seccers for being too scared to go to null. My suggestion was rather than fear it has more to do with those problems.

If you are unable to contribute but would rather derail the thread with stupid, go ahead.

Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
#158 - 2013-07-30 07:00:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Casidy
Let me get some coffee first.
-edit- For the filling your thread with stupid part, not the contributing anything useful part.

Dominara Shadowfey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#159 - 2013-07-30 11:21:42 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Er nullsec is 15 jumps from Jita and less to other high sec and even less to low sec stations, why are you going 38 jumps (78 round trip)!?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#160 - 2013-07-30 11:27:11 UTC
Dominara Shadowfey wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Er nullsec is 15 jumps from Jita and less to other high sec and even less to low sec stations, why are you going 38 jumps (78 round trip)!?

Null-bears live in deep null sec.