These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why "high sec bears" don't go to null

First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#121 - 2013-07-28 12:23:58 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Even still, it is a fact that null is more dangerous.
How can you call it more dangerous when null bears remove ALL risk by docking as soon as someone comes close to their system? The perfection of local means there is zero practical risk, whatever the possible risk.

So local works magically to tell you that there are people next door (or in a wormhole that opens in your system) while you are scrammed by 4 npc rats in an anomalie. That's why CCP added scram rats to forsaken hubs.

What you are saying is at odds with the actual reality of null sec. look at battleclinic and eve kill, ships (inclduing pve fit ships) die all over null all day. Hell, some KB let you sort by things likke "npcs invovled', so all you have to do is look for kills in null space where an npc is on the kill mail, that person was probably ratting (althought the could simply have been aggressed by a gate npc).

Local doesn't help you with hard and soft awoxxing. hard awoxxing is when someone burns their spy by using it to point a bule, but there is soft awoxxing, like a guy undocking in a sabre and popping a bubble and redocking as soon as he can (or cloaking), so when neuts come in and ratters/miners warp to station they land in bubble and get killed.

Null sec = 1/7th the population of high sec but 7 TIMES more pvp kills, most of those kilsl not coming from fleet actions and very many kills being pve fit ships. This is fact.
Quote:

Jenn aSide wrote:
Many of those nullbears are highsec players who'se corp rented ratting space. You can see many adds for such in the recruitment forum here and in the iname recruitment ads.
So nullsec renters aren't 'real' null sec players? I agree and it is a strong indication that there is something badly wrong with null mechanics.

You have just said it: farmers choose null. Why do you think that is? Risk vs reward favours null rather than highsec. They need shooting.

There is nothing wrong with null mechanics. And exactly did I say "farmers choose null"? Some farmers chose null, others chose c5/6 wormholes, others FW farming, (many) others Incursions in high sec.

Go look at the missions and compelxes forums (righ now). Count how many current incursion whine threads there are (DIN and ISN killed high sec incursions again LOL) compared to how many null sec whine threads.
Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#122 - 2013-07-28 12:31:21 UTC
"I want to hunt carebears in 0.0. They are easy targets, because they feel safe in their 0.0 systems."

"0.0 systems are too safe for carebears!"

I think I see where your logic falls apart Roll
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#123 - 2013-07-28 14:13:58 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I decided to take my Proteus out for a bit of pew pew in 0.0 space. So I chucked on cloak and nullifier and set course for a nullbear station system 38 jumps into 0.0 space.

Soon as I got there everyone docks up. So I go AFK for a while come back and kill someone who decided to rat in local with a neut in system. I'm not happy with my DPS due to nulli sub so I jump 78 jumps dodging camps back to refit.

Few hours after arriving I spot an Oracle and engage him, being a high seccer with no skills I forgot to turn off my repeat on my XL ASB when I refit and cap out with him at 5% hull. Luckily he burns his guns out and I escape with 40% hull.

He docks up, I jump round trip 78 jumps back for reps.

Operating in 0.0 without joining the sheep is annoying. Its time intensive. It costs twice as much as a normal sub (activated an alt account with RR and cargo of boosters, ammo) to act as ghetto station.

In short 0.0 is shite for non-alliance. I think people might go out if it wasn't so one sidedly balanced in favor of nullbears.

Use Wormholes. 3 or 4 jumps can put you just about anywhere in 0.0.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#124 - 2013-07-28 15:32:52 UTC
Pohbis wrote:
"I want to hunt carebears in 0.0. They are easy targets, because they feel safe in their 0.0 systems."

What's the problem....

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#125 - 2013-07-28 15:50:29 UTC
Thread:

WAHHH I DON'T KNOW THE GAME, FIX IT!

Here's how it works, dude, you're doing it all wrong...

BUT IT'S NOT THE THING

Calm down, here's a great way you could do it

BUT THAT'S NOT THE WAY I....

It's ok, you've got a good start, but here's where you're wrong:

NO I'M NOT I'M ALWAYS RIGHT CUZ THATS WHYI POSTEDCUZIM RIGHTTT~!!!~!1111111one

In closing, I sincerely wish your presence in my anom in said proteus, good sir. You could even bring a friend for a proper meal after that snack.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#126 - 2013-07-28 17:47:26 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
Thread:

WAHHH I DON'T KNOW THE GAME, FIX IT!

Here's how it works, dude, you're doing it all wrong...

BUT IT'S NOT THE THING

Calm down, here's a great way you could do it

BUT THAT'S NOT THE WAY I....

It's ok, you've got a good start, but here's where you're wrong:

NO I'M NOT I'M ALWAYS RIGHT CUZ THATS WHYI POSTEDCUZIM RIGHTTT~!!!~!1111111one

In closing, I sincerely wish your presence in my anom in said proteus, good sir. You could even bring a friend for a proper meal after that snack.

Lol +1 for rage intensity.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#127 - 2013-07-28 18:32:03 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Pohbis wrote:

What's the problem....
Complaining about the odds being stacked in favor of your prey, when the only reason your prey is there, is because of said stacked odds Pirate
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#128 - 2013-07-28 20:35:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Pohbis wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Pohbis wrote:

What's the problem....
Complaining about the odds being stacked in favor of your prey, when the only reason your prey is there, is because of said stacked odds Pirate

I think you misinterpreted or failed to comprehend. This post suggested a possible explanation as to why people might not want to go out to null sec and would rather stay in local. Such explanation being necessary due to the constant whining and gnashing of teeth from null sec in regards to people staying in high-sec.

Also your logic is flawed. If one were complaining about the odds being stacked in favor of nullbears, wouldn't that suggest that the nullbears are there because the odds are stacked in their favor. Nullbears shouldn't be in null, null is for people who take risks. I'm in a system now with a bunch of nullbears, and watching a stream from Fountain of their alliance mates being blown to little tiny pieces.

If it wasn't for the guys fighting up there, they wouldn't have 100% risk free carebearing.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#129 - 2013-07-29 00:35:21 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I decided to take my Proteus out for a bit of pew pew in 0.0 space. So I chucked on cloak and nullifier and set course for a nullbear station system 38 jumps into 0.0 space.

Soon as I got there everyone docks up. So I go AFK for a while come back and kill someone who decided to rat in local with a neut in system. I'm not happy with my DPS due to nulli sub so I jump 78 jumps dodging camps back to refit.

Few hours after arriving I spot an Oracle and engage him, being a high seccer with no skills I forgot to turn off my repeat on my XL ASB when I refit and cap out with him at 5% hull. Luckily he burns his guns out and I escape with 40% hull.

Operating in 0.0 without joining the sheep is annoying. Its time intensive. It costs twice as much as a normal sub (activated an alt account with RR and cargo of boosters, ammo) to act as ghetto station.

In short 0.0 is shite for non-alliance. I think people might go out if it wasn't so one sidedly balanced in favor of nullbears.

Couldn't even care to read the responses.

We go out there. Logistics is troublesome, but doable.

Check your Mascara and join SpaceJunkys channel or contact me inGame.

Thank you.

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-07-29 06:08:55 UTC
Aidan Brooder wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Couldn't even care to read the responses.

We go out there. Logistics is troublesome, but doable.

Check your Mascara and join SpaceJunkys channel or contact me inGame.

Thank you.

Yeah troublesome is the word. On the up side having a ball in Period Basis. Killed a few people, dodged some traps, collected some corpses and fecked around with sling bubbles which are bloody awesome for annoying carebears by dropping em hundred km from gate. We should be allowed them in highsec for war targets imo.

I like null, pity about the people though.

Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2013-07-29 06:14:31 UTC
Hi sec carebears don't go into null because null carebears make them look bad.
BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#132 - 2013-07-29 06:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: BBQ FTW
so basically you went to null with the intention of fighting people that don't want to fight. this may explain why you find null-sec such a non-entertaining experience for you. This game has plenty of mechanics for people to avoid non-consensual pvp. This is balanced by the fact that someone who isn't specifically fit to fight is at a massive disadvantage against someone who is.

If you want your game experience to be equivalent to "press butan with no thought, generate reward" - lets be honest, that is exactly what hunting "nullbears" exclusively is - there's plenty of PvE content in this game to amuse you

Quote:
Few hours after arriving I spot an Oracle and engage him, being a high seccer with no skills I forgot to turn off my repeat on my XL ASB when I refit and cap out with him at 5% hull.

you know, if you are properly piloting (in this case being HIT ORBIT 500 ON HIM in this case, its not even anything that complex) there's pretty much no way he can hit you, much less force you out of ASB charges. I think the major issue here is "you don't know how to fly ship," from there stems your inability to find/generate interesting pvp content
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#133 - 2013-07-29 06:51:15 UTC
BBQ FTW wrote:
so basically you went to null with the intention of fighting people that don't want to fight. this may explain why you find null-sec such a non-entertaining experience for you. This game has plenty of mechanics for people to avoid non-consensual pvp. This is balanced by the fact that someone who isn't specifically fit to fight is at a massive disadvantage against someone who is.

If you want your game experience to be equivalent to "press butan with no thought, generate reward" - lets be honest, that is exactly what hunting "nullbears" exclusively is - there's plenty of PvE content in this game to amuse you

Quote:
Few hours after arriving I spot an Oracle and engage him, being a high seccer with no skills I forgot to turn off my repeat on my XL ASB when I refit and cap out with him at 5% hull.

you know, if you are properly piloting (in this case being HIT ORBIT 500 ON HIM in this case, its not even anything that complex) there's pretty much no way he can hit you, much less force you out of ASB charges. I think the major issue here is "you don't know how to fly ship," from there stems your inability to find/generate interesting pvp content

Where did I say there was no content generation. I said there was a lack of fitting, repair and consumsbles available.

You lack comprehension regarding the Oracle. As I said when I fit the XLASB I neglected to turn off autorepeat which capped me out of charges.

Since this was my very first PvP after 3 year break in 2010, when there were no ASB, BC that fit battleship armament and Id never heard of an Oracle I think a little hiccup is to be expected. Oracle is faster than me too which makes it a little tough to orbit yeah.

Game is about fun, thats what Im doing. If you want to play perfect skills perfect tactics space pilot thats cool. Break out your space calculator for optimal orbits or something. I prefer to just go and shoot stuff. Can learn while Im doing that.

As for fighting non-pvp fit ships cry me a river of tears for the bears this is not noble knights online.

BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#134 - 2013-07-29 07:23:39 UTC
Quote:
As for fighting non-pvp fit ships cry me a river of tears for the bears this is not noble knights online.

Quote:

again, CCP has already designed plenty of content for people like you. You can even find them in asteroid belts! They are the red crosses.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2013-07-29 07:42:13 UTC
BBQ FTW wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

again, CCP has already designed plenty of content for people like you. You can even find them in asteroid belts! They are the red crosses.

Thanks for the tip Ill look out for them.

Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#136 - 2013-07-29 11:09:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Speedkermit Damo
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Trudeaux Margaret wrote:
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

If you want PvP, don't go into sov space - go into NPC null, Syndicate for example is full of PvP opportunities in which you dont jave to join the sheep.

Seconded on NPC null. I'm currently based in Curse. Just a few hops from high sec Derelik will put you right in the thick of things - people won't dock up for a Proteus here, oh no, in fact you'll find yourself hunted. Also there are NPC stations with repair facilities and a pretty well-stocked market here so you won't have to jump back to high sec for mundane tasks.

I don't want to fight NPC null peeps, I want to murder Sov null bears who think they should be allowed to carebear in complete safety. We should be encouraged to fight in true null not discouraged.

And then you run back to high-sec so you can carebear in complete safety?

Infinity Ziona wrote:
Game is about fun, thats what Im doing.

You're having so much fun, you're AFK most of the time?

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#137 - 2013-07-29 14:43:16 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

We all have different tastes in fun. I'm doing ok, got 9 kills so far, no losses. AFK cloaking is actually fun, you do your real life stuff, every once in a while after everyone figures you're afk and comes out of station, you kill one, then get back to RL.

Manfred Hideous
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#138 - 2013-07-29 14:46:26 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

We all have different tastes in fun. I'm doing ok, got 9 kills so far, no losses. AFK cloaking is actually fun, you do your real life stuff, every once in a while after everyone figures you're afk and comes out of station, you kill one, then get back to RL.

I don't care about your fits. I like the cut of your jib.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#139 - 2013-07-29 15:17:00 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Is this with the shield fit, or have you tried out the armor fit we gave you in the other thread?

And yes, it is fun. People who hate on it (and PvP in general) tend to be people who haven't tried it. Personally I like Netflix while waiting for a target.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#140 - 2013-07-29 15:25:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Is this with the shield fit, or have you tried out the armor fit we gave you in the other thread?

And yes, it is fun. People who hate on it (and PvP in general) tend to be people who haven't tried it. Personally I like Netflix while waiting for a target.

Shield fit atm. Once it blows up I'll try armor one you posted and compare.

And true true on the negative people.