These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Tatto from collector not displaying

First post
Author
Ruvin
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-07-22 08:30:08 UTC
Got the tattoo and it doesnt show on my avtar , tryed to change it a few times like 5 6 i think , it does update and everything apart the tattoo :/ Wanted to get a second one so would like to know how to solve this ...
Thanks !

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

Ruvin
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-07-22 20:16:58 UTC
ok it showed up :D gona add the second one :P

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2013-07-22 20:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
For some reason they sometimes fail to show on the characters.
I just re-rendered your character, and then it appeared... will do it again after you add the second one if needed.

ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD AND I'LL SORT YOU OUT! Big smile
(please please no funny business with saying you have tattoos when you actually don't because that's going to be a huge waste of my time and I'm on vacation so I extra don't like my time wasted).
(if you for some reason don't want to post here, just evemail me)

We'll look better into this when we get back from vacation.

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-07-23 02:11:02 UTC
if you are on vacation you should not be working

at all
Skurga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-07-23 17:38:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Skurga
I made a new portrait with tattoo...two times....the correct new portrait shows up and after a while (next day after work e.g.) the tattoo is gone. While inspecting my character throught "View Full Body" it is displayed.

Is that the Problem mentioned here? Then I have the same problem with my female character. Or is this problem something else?
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2013-07-23 17:50:46 UTC
Skurga wrote:
I made a new portrait with tattoo...two times....the correct new portrait shows up and after a while (next day after work e.g.) the tattoo is gone. While inspecting my character throught "View Full Body" it is displayed.

Is that the Problem mentioned here? Then I have the same problem with my female character. Or is this problem something else?

Same problem... and you are good to go now Smile

First female I've seen with this problem, so I fixed my post.

maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-07-24 18:26:38 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Skurga wrote:

Hook me up, my tatts go puff like a three headed unicorn, and its gone.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2013-07-24 18:34:18 UTC
maCH'EttE wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Skurga wrote:

Hook me up, my tatts go puff like a three headed unicorn, and its gone.

Done Smile

Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2013-07-24 18:55:37 UTC
I had this problem of setting both sleeve tattoos & then them disappearing the next day.

I went back in an set them again & now they are showing. For how long is anyone's guess.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2013-07-24 18:59:41 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
I had this problem of setting both sleeve tattoos & then them disappearing the next day.

I went back in an set them again & now they are showing. For how long is anyone's guess.

At least until the image is rendered again (which should not happen unless you go through customization again, although we can trigger it).
The reason it changed the next day is that then you started using the server rendered photo, and the tattoo was missing in that one (your client rendered photo was fine because the tattoo was already loaded and all that when it was taken).

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#11 - 2013-07-25 07:33:56 UTC
Mine not showing either :(

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2013-07-25 19:37:31 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Mine not showing either :(
You should be good.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Narthe Raytei
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-07-25 23:01:47 UTC
Its happening for me too.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2013-07-25 23:16:52 UTC
Narthe Raytei wrote:
Its happening for me too.

looks like someone fixed you already Smile (unless you have 2)

Narthe Raytei
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-07-25 23:40:41 UTC
Just the 1, for now xD

Will i need to ask again if i change my portrait?
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2013-07-25 23:44:15 UTC
Narthe Raytei wrote:
Just the 1, for now xD

Will i need to ask again if i change my portrait?

Maybe, but this doesn't always happen... although your current portrait was rendered before you wrote that post so I'm wondering if it just hadn't been updated for you or something like that.

Narthe Raytei
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-07-25 23:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Narthe Raytei
I just took a look in-game on my alt and it isn't showing up, I'll clear my cache and see if that fixes it.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2013-07-25 23:50:08 UTC
Narthe Raytei wrote:
I just took a look in-game on my alt and it isn't showing up, I'll clear my cache and see if that fixes it.

it might not be distributed yet...there is some cdn magic and it might take some time for it to distribute it to everyone... but as you can see on the forum portrait it's there Smile

Narthe Raytei
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-07-25 23:56:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Narthe Raytei
Ok, it seems that when i look at the character it's not there. But when i click to look at the portrait it is. However when i then look at the character model, its not there. Think this is just my client being special?

From the sounds of it i should just let time do its work, so i'll come back in a few days if its still not working.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2013-07-25 23:58:18 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
Narthe Raytei wrote:

EDIT - Ok, it seems that when i look at the character it's not there. But when i click to look at the portrait it is. However when i then look at the character model, its not there. Think this is just my client being special?

it's special if it's not on the character model (it usually pops in a little late), but the other thing is probably explained by the cdn stuff.
(I see you with tattoo in your profile and on the character in preview mode)

123Next pageLast page