These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

how 1 trit scam work?

Author
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-07-24 20:10:10 UTC
Someone mentioned a scam where someone will sell u all their stuff for 1 trit how does this scam work?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-07-24 20:11:25 UTC
They don't sell you all their stuff.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#3 - 2013-07-24 20:13:11 UTC
They have the trit. If you happen to have enough money, and you put the 1 trit in your inventory and click accept contract, you now have 2 trit and a substantially lighter wallet.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#4 - 2013-07-24 20:15:35 UTC
If anyone could be dumb enough to think somebody would genuinely hand over all their possessions for something they can dock for and get *free*, they utterly deserve it.

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2013-07-24 20:30:47 UTC
I will tell you the secret of the 1 Trit scam. I will require a deposit of 1 Trit.

Ill make the contract shorty.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#6 - 2013-07-24 20:32:32 UTC
Darvaleth Sigma wrote:
If anyone could be dumb enough to think somebody would genuinely hand over all their possessions for something they can dock for and get *free*, they utterly deserve it.

Well it all hinges on the scammer's statement in local that they are fed up with the game and are quitting EvE forever, and the first person to accept the 1 trit contract can have all their money before gracefully logging out to make a good-bye forever post on the forums.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#7 - 2013-07-24 20:42:43 UTC
Ciyrine wrote:
Someone mentioned a scam where someone will sell u all their stuff for 1 trit how does this scam work?

Basically, it relies on people too inexperienced or too greedy to keep the phrases "you will pay" and "you will receive" apart.

In short, they claim to BUY from you 1 piece of Trit for millions of their ISK wheras in truth they SELL you 1 piece of Trit for millions of your ISK.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#8 - 2013-07-24 21:13:58 UTC
If it looks too good to be true, then it almost certainly is too good to be true!

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

MacKael
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-07-24 21:19:14 UTC
^^ any of these will do as a answer or maybe all. send me any ammount of isk and ill double it and reveal the GREAT SECRET OF EVE
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#10 - 2013-07-24 21:40:25 UTC
Not all trits contract are scam. Spaceship barbie is selling an unique trit worth severals billions for only 700m. Too bad i do not have enough iskies to buy it.
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#11 - 2013-07-24 21:51:28 UTC
If someone was leaving and giving away all their possessions, why would they do it by requesting anything in return, much less something that they'd soon have no use for as "payment"? They'd just start randomly opening trade windows and handing it out.

I can't believe enough people still fall for these scams to actually make it worth a scammer's time. Judging from the numbers of people who come onto these forums asking about them, however, I guess they're still lucrative.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.