These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

how to deal with this situation

Author
william nsk Gengod
paranoid monkey Corporation
#1 - 2013-07-21 06:29:42 UTC
I posted the following in new citizens Q+A because well you know im a noob

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=260989&find=unread

But i would like the opinion of some of the more hardened people here. I would like to punish/teach these people a lesson as they seem to need it. What option would be the best to follow

1, Create my own corp and wardec the carebearing/mining little guys I have a fair bit of cash that I had ringfenced for moving an alt into trading.

2, Pay a merc to wipe out their little corp not as much fun as wardeccing them but you know could be cheaper in ships and fittings

3, leave them alone let them move into a safe happy career of WoW care bearing.

4, Buy some catalysts with the cash i would spend on the corp and gank them.

Any other recommendations would be highly valuable to me

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#2 - 2013-07-21 07:14:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Bride
Are the players in question actually new to the game? If so I would be inclined to simply ignore them and keep doing what you're doing. However, if they attack you, crush them.

If they are alts of experienced carebears I would squeeze them until the tear juice stops flowing, and post said tears in this thread for all to enjoy. I suggest forming a corp and deccing them, then attempting to extort ISK from them for your trouble.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Darrell McMexican
Arrivederci.
#3 - 2013-07-21 08:14:28 UTC
Buy catalysts. My corporation have a bunch of catalysts for ganking. I'll be home the 27th, so I could probably help you out sometime after that.
william nsk Gengod
#4 - 2013-07-21 08:19:59 UTC
Darrell McMexican wrote:
Buy catalysts. My corporation have a bunch of catalysts for ganking. I'll be home the 27th, so I could probably help you out sometime after that.

Might take you up on the offer when you are around. For now ill just continue along the route of leaving them alone if they give me more grief i`ll take it further.

Ill train up a gank alt in the mean time i think its needed
Tara Read
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2013-07-21 08:54:13 UTC
May your revenge be sweet and just. Pirate
Damay Aprionati
Chroma Corp
Prismatic Legion
#6 - 2013-07-21 14:06:44 UTC
All of the above son. Kill them all. Twisted

Dead men can't pay.

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-07-21 18:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
If you really want to **** off the high sec pubbies try this out.

Get into a pvp fit and steal from the wrecks in anoms. These professional anom runners tailor their damage & tank to the rat of the space they're flying in. This makes their fit extremely predictable allowing you to tailor a fit for them. Another bad habit of pve'ers is to use only the bare minimum, usually active, tank needed for ratting...in high sec no less.

Get a high alpha cruiser or AF or dessi and mwd from one bs wreck to the next stealing their loot until they open fire. Then have fun & if you have the time ransom their ships.

Armed with this knowledge and the balls to put yourself in harm's way you could get a nice easy introduction to the mechanics of pvp. Plus you get tears, which are difficult to extract from people who expect to get ganked.

(Some of this advice could be misleading. I haven't run a hs anom since my trial. I think that if you can fit your cruiser into the anom there's a good chance you could run into a t3... but their fit may also be horrible. If you tailor a frig pvp fit against a frig pve fit and choose your targets well it could be great for easy kills and tears but the loot won't be great.)

Edit: Don't mess with people in any of the starter systems and you will be entirely justified in whatever underhanded crap you want to do.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#8 - 2013-07-22 09:48:55 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:

Get into a pvp fit and steal from the wrecks in anoms. These professional anom runners tailor their damage & tank to the rat of the space they're flying in. This makes their fit extremely predictable allowing you to tailor a fit for them. Another bad habit of pve'ers is to use only the bare minimum, usually active, tank needed for ratting...in high sec no less.

Get a high alpha cruiser or AF or dessi and mwd from one bs wreck to the next stealing their loot until they open fire. Then have fun & if you have the time ransom their ships.

Armed with this knowledge and the balls to put yourself in harm's way you could get a nice easy introduction to the mechanics of pvp. Plus you get tears, which are difficult to extract from people who expect to get ganked.

(Some of this advice could be misleading. I haven't run a hs anom since my trial. I think that if you can fit your cruiser into the anom there's a good chance you could run into a t3... but their fit may also be horrible. If you tailor a frig pvp fit against a frig pve fit and choose your targets well it could be great for easy kills and tears but the loot won't be great.)

Edit: Don't mess with people in any of the starter systems and you will be entirely justified in whatever underhanded crap you want to do.

this.

also, for t3, pilgrim and curse are perfect tools, t3 pve runners tend to be active, with a prety hard to kill tank usually, but neut him to the death, and then it's just another cruiser....
Tori Kamanchi
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-07-22 10:07:12 UTC
seth Hendar wrote:
also, for t3, pilgrim and curse are perfect tools, t3 pve runners tend to be active, with a prety hard to kill tank usually, but neut him to the death, and then it's just another cruiser pile of scrap metal....

Fixed
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-07-22 17:51:23 UTC
Not on your list I don't think is a safari. They can be quite thrilling and a good source of tears if you have the sort of black heart that is fueled by that.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#11 - 2013-07-22 19:15:01 UTC
Ignore them and not only loot the shinies, salvage them too.

I recommend an Imicus for this, as

A) in addition to 4 salvage drones, it can also carry 4 combat drones. Say, Warrior or Hobgoblin. T2 preferably, of course.

B) has a decent cargo hold for the loots.

C) can fit a gun (don't laugh, that one meta 4 light neutron blaster might just be the reason you get the kill...)

D) doesn't appear very threatening and therefore they are more likely to agress.

E) is cheap. Free if you are willing to keep suffering thru the tutorial missions where they hand it out.....

And you can fit a salvager on it for those pesky t2 wrecks the drones won't touch.

Not drone specced? Not to worry, the other races have cheap t1 exploration frigs too (Magnate/Heron/Probe).

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-07-22 20:44:06 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Ignore them and not only loot the shinies, salvage them too.

I recommend an Imicus for this, as

A) in addition to 4 salvage drones, it can also carry 4 combat drones. Say, Warrior or Hobgoblin. T2 preferably, of course.

B) has a decent cargo hold for the loots.

C) can fit a gun (don't laugh, that one meta 4 light neutron blaster might just be the reason you get the kill...)

D) doesn't appear very threatening and therefore they are more likely to agress.

E) is cheap. Free if you are willing to keep suffering thru the tutorial missions where they hand it out.....

And you can fit a salvager on it for those pesky t2 wrecks the drones won't touch.

Not drone specced? Not to worry, the other races have cheap t1 exploration frigs too (Magnate/Heron/Probe).

Confirming that when an exploration frig locks you up... you should be worried!
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#13 - 2013-07-22 21:38:51 UTC
Tori Kamanchi wrote:
seth Hendar wrote:
also, for t3, pilgrim and curse are perfect tools, t3 pve runners tend to be active, with a prety hard to kill tank usually, but neut him to the death, and then it's just another cruiser pile of scrap metal....

Fixed

yeah, isn't it what i said?
Marsan
#14 - 2013-07-23 01:34:14 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:

Get a high alpha cruiser or AF or dessi and mwd from one bs wreck to the next stealing their loot until they open fire. Then have fun & if you have the time ransom their ships..

This doesn't work with anyone with any sense. Either you call in some friends or mark the wrecks blue...

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#15 - 2013-07-24 14:33:13 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
yes, it seems really obvious for us since we pvp, but many carebear would bite, you would be surprised i thinkBig smile
william nsk Gengod wrote:
I posted the following in new citizens Q+A because well you know im a noob

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=260989&find=unread

But i would like the opinion of some of the more hardened people here. I would like to punish/teach these people a lesson as they seem to need it. What option would be the best to follow

1, Create my own corp and wardec the carebearing/mining little guys I have a fair bit of cash that I had ringfenced for moving an alt into trading.

2, Pay a merc to wipe out their little corp not as much fun as wardeccing them but you know could be cheaper in ships and fittings

3, leave them alone let them move into a safe happy career of WoW care bearing.

4, Buy some catalysts with the cash i would spend on the corp and gank them.

Any other recommendations would be highly valuable to me

id' say go for the catalyst.

wardec will probably not work, weither you do it yourself or hire merc for that, i they are just miners, they'll stay docked for a week and you will just have lost isk.

leaving them alone,well....up to you but i wouldn't, they shall suffer Big smile and i like to see ship go BOOM (yes, even if it's mine too)

the only thing you should think about, is your SS, it WILL drop fast, and you need to have a plan to get it back up, assuming you need it to stay up (at least up enought to be able to enter highsec for the time of your revenge)
william nsk Gengod
#16 - 2013-07-24 14:41:46 UTC
But as I see it if they stay docked for a week then they have lost a lot more money than me by declaring war
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#17 - 2013-07-25 00:12:13 UTC
Send me their corp-name via eve-mail and I'll add them to ~my list~
If you'd rather the satisfaction of doing it yourself then god speed new big-bad meanie.

Wardecs will achieve nothing; they'll just nab a free ally and gloat that they made you dock up as much as them. In matters of revenge one needs to act swiftly and without warning.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

william nsk Gengod
#18 - 2013-07-25 01:44:49 UTC
Well i couldnt find the corp in question as i never added them to my contacts although i have another fire in the iron.

ill post any tears that i may create in this thread.
william nsk Gengod
#19 - 2013-07-26 05:44:11 UTC
shy quiet yaarrr

Ok so contrary to advice i followed the corp and war deck route on a different mining corp.

It seems from my excellent intelligence gathering corp mate that they are multi boxing.

So we have made a few kills of this corp and plan to make more over next few days. It seems the corp in question are either not paying attention or just lazy to answer our combined assault. So im thinking of my next stage in the plan.

Extortion !!!!! yarr

So if we keep going without interference i will have made back my wardeck money within a few days. So now is the time to up the ante. I wish to try and extort some cash from the corp in question maybe enough to buy a plex.

What is peoples normal approach? im considering writing a nice polite eve mail pointing out that before the end of the week we will have destroyed x sum of your ships and equipment + x sum of your time + x sum of mining ores lost. If they would like to make a donation of x amount to my coffers i would look for a target elsewhere.

What do you fellow happy yarring guys and gals think?

Also i would like to make a mention of a corpmate who has really shown me the ropes given me some amazing information and amazing advice thanks !!!!!

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#20 - 2013-07-26 06:45:46 UTC

Let me just say that your heart is in the right place. Miners have no right to anything in high sec, whether it be ore or rat loot, if they do not live by the Code and have not paid for a mining permit.

It is your obligation, as a person who cares about the law, to gank their ships if you see them violating the Code.

You can read more about the New Order at www.minerbumping.com

If you like, I would welcome you with open arms into my own corp. I offer zero tax and a very laid back, open-minded environment for you to enjoy Eve. Feel free to ask around here or otherwise research me on the internet before making a decision. Of course I'd love to chat with you in game tomorrow when I log back in.

Keep up the good work!

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

12Next page