These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Cheetah question

Author
Judy Aumer
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-07-22 09:54:11 UTC
So i`m sitting here and watching this 7 day evemon skillplan and i`m thinking that i can probably train hacking and the other exploration skill and make some money in highsec if need to wait. So i was wondering if anyone has a highsec cheetah fitting for low exploration skills rank1-2
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-07-22 09:58:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Thiesant
Probe launcher in a high slot. Data analyser, replic analyser and a scan rangefinding mod in a mid slot. Afterburner or Microwarpdrive for speed if there's space. Anything useful in the rest of the slots.
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#3 - 2013-07-22 11:08:18 UTC
Just use the T1 version, it's actually better for exploration (hacking bonused) as scanning bonuses are completely irrelevant since Odyssey.

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#4 - 2013-07-22 14:05:02 UTC
Roime wrote:
Just use the T1 version, it's actually better for exploration (hacking bonused) as scanning bonuses are completely irrelevant since Odyssey.

Not actually true as you still have to get the site scanned down to 100%. So extra scanning bonuses and/or skills will stil make the process easier or quicker.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Judy Aumer
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-07-22 14:13:10 UTC
And in the rig slots?!
Threndir
ISK Enterprises Ltd
#6 - 2013-07-22 14:23:37 UTC
Judy Aumer wrote:
And in the rig slots?!

Gravity Capacitor Upgrade's
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Small_Gravity_Capacitor_Upgrade_I
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#7 - 2013-07-22 16:19:29 UTC
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:
Roime wrote:

Not actually true as you still have to get the site scanned down to 100%. So extra scanning bonuses and/or skills will stil make the process easier or quicker.

The real time difference between a maxed out scanner in a covops, and level IV scanner in a T1 scanning frig is so small that it's unnoticeable in practical exploration.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#8 - 2013-07-22 18:17:52 UTC
Roime wrote:
The real time difference between a maxed out scanner in a covops, and level IV scanner in a T1 scanning frig is so small that it's unnoticeable in practical exploration.

Sad but true. Scanning technique plays a much, much larger role than skill points with differences that small.