These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Brutal Doom

Author
Aragoni
Black Talon Command
#1 - 2013-07-21 15:51:28 UTC
Is so badass it makes baby Jesus cry!
If you haven't tried it out you should be ashamed of yourself.
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-07-21 16:39:38 UTC
It's fun for what it is and I love the chaingun in it. If you're going to still play doom, this is definitely the way to do it.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#3 - 2013-07-21 16:53:05 UTC
........ahhhh. Memories............

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Aragoni
Black Talon Command
#4 - 2013-07-21 16:59:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Aragoni
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
........ahhhh. Memories............

Yeah.. Remember when I was about 7 years old, sneaking up in the middle of the night when my parents were asleep so I could play the original Doom 2 with a neighbor in coop. Good times.
Still! This mod is so ******* badass it feels like a completely new game. V19 isn't out yet, but v18 is great aswell.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-07-21 19:08:57 UTC
The first chapter of Doom 1 was available as freeware..and it fitted all on a single floppy disk if I remember correctly.
Back in those days, programmer surely knew how to put those 1,44 MB to good use Blink

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#6 - 2013-07-21 19:29:35 UTC
I remember sitting in my chair, actually physically dodging those fireballs onscreen Lol

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Ganjjabeard
Black Vanguard Ops
#7 - 2013-07-23 22:38:26 UTC
Aragoni wrote:
Is so badass it makes baby Jesus cry!
If you haven't tried it out you should be ashamed of yourself.

I used to have brutal doom a while back and for some reason it just stopped working and i couldnt figure out how to fix it :/ i have a different comp i wanna put it on but it didnt work. I tried downloading the actual brutal doom file and loading into gzdoom which im pretty sure was the way i did it before and it aint workin. If you could help me set it up i would be eternally grateful. (Ill send you some iskies too if your help leads to it workin).

Also im on a windows 7 x64
Thanks in advance

GET IN THE VAN

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#8 - 2013-07-24 17:56:04 UTC
I want a BFG9000 mounted on the wall of my CQ.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Something Random
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-07-24 22:43:31 UTC
GIVE HIM ONE

"caught on fire a little bit, just a little."

"Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangs all here!"

I love Science, it gives me a Hadron.