These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Character Bazaar

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

how does this work?

Author
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-07-21 17:03:22 UTC
Theres a player in npc corp quitting. He was giving away all his stuff. Gave me 2bil worth of virtue implants. Then he offered to sell me his character for 2 plex. Sounds like a great deal but im a comolete newb so want to make sure im not getting scammed or doing something that can get me banned.

1) am i allowed to contract him 2 plex in return for his character?

2) if its a scam hes already given me 2bil so if i lose the plex and he doesnt give me character im still ok. Is there a better way to facitate the transfer of the character? I want to be careful because i do not want to look a gift horse in the mouth

3) roughly how much does a 10mil sp exploration character sell for on the bazaar?

4) anything else i should consider?
Mai Dallaii
The Laidai Trading Company
#2 - 2013-07-21 17:05:57 UTC
Ciyrine wrote:
Theres a player in npc corp quitting. He was giving away all his stuff. Gave me 2bil worth of virtue implants. Then he offered to sell me his character for 2 plex. Sounds like a great deal but im a comolete newb so want to make sure im not getting scammed or doing something that can get me banned.

2) if its a scam hes already given me 2bil so if i lose the plex and he doesnt give me character im still ok. Is there a better way to facitate the transfer of the character? I want to be careful because i do not want to look a gift horse in the mouth

3) roughly how much does a 10mil sp exploration character sell for on the bazaar?

Scam

Agree to sell the char on here for the sum of 1.2bill , he makes a thread, you send isk... he BUYS plex and transfers. Job done.

^ do it the above way and 0% risk of scam (you get your isk back if it is)

Raven Fatality
Party Cat Catering
#3 - 2013-07-21 17:13:03 UTC
Mai Dallaii wrote:
Ciyrine wrote:

Scam

Agree to sell the char on here for the sum of 1.2bill , he makes a thread, you send isk... he BUYS plex and transfers. Job done.

^ do it the above way and 0% risk of scam (you get your isk back if it is)

I second what she said.
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-07-21 17:47:34 UTC
He already gave me 2bil in implants as far as scams go it sounds poor and im inclined to think its not. But i defer to ur guys experience.

So transactions on this forum are protected by ccp?

How much does a characacter with 10mil sp in exploration sell on the bazaar?
Mai Dallaii
#5 - 2013-07-21 17:49:02 UTC
Ciyrine wrote:
He already gave me 2bil in implants as far as scams go it sounds poor and im inclined to think its not. But i defer to ur guys experience.

Well focussed tengu pilot etc ? 4-7bill
Crap focussed all over the place turdchar 4bill ish
Jewel Noret
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-07-21 17:53:24 UTC
If this guy is legit, then he has absolutely no reason not to do the sale through the forums here, accept 1.2b (currently more than the cost of 2 plex), buy the 2 plex with the isk, and transfer you the character, so it's supported by ccp. If he won't agree to this, then yes, it's a scam. There's absolutely no legit reason not to do it this way.
Victor Eliam
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-07-21 17:54:25 UTC
Ciyrine wrote:

Yes transactions are protected by CCP as long as you respect the procedure that Mai Dallaii said.

If you're in doubt please open a petition to ask CCP directly !
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-07-21 18:05:35 UTC
I still believe the guy is legit but i defer my newbness to ur guys experience
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-07-21 18:37:11 UTC
How does he do the actual character transfer?
Mai Dallaii
#10 - 2013-07-21 18:48:33 UTC
Ciyrine wrote:
How does he do the actual character transfer?

He goes to account management > services > char transfers and enters your account name, he then selects payment method (plex in this case)

Char then starts transfer process, which completes after 10hours, at which point you can log in and play :)

Jewel Noret
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-07-21 18:57:48 UTC
1. Seller makes a post in this forum, posting with the character being sold.
2. Buyer replies to post, agreeing to terms of sale.
3. Buyer sends ISK to character being sold, not to any other character. Also sends eve-mail with account name to be xferred to.
4. Buyer replies again saying ISK and account name are sent.
5. Seller xfers character, then replies to thread stating xfer has been started.

If you have any further questions, refer to:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6369&find=unread

and

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=256361&find=unread

Good luck with your purchase.
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-07-21 19:10:06 UTC
How does the actual character transfer work? Is there a button or something?
Jewel Noret
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-07-22 01:56:34 UTC
Yes, the seller has a button to click in the account management page. He types in the account name to transfer the character to, pays his $20 transfer fee, and 10 hours later the character is on your account.
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-07-22 03:07:19 UTC
oh, theres a $20 transfer fee. That would have been quite generous of him. I asked if he would do the character transfer through here but that didnt go well with him
idea
Invicta.
Advocated Destruction
#15 - 2013-07-22 03:50:27 UTC
i would say the account is hacked and u should report it