These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Eve Survey - In your opinion, what are 3 words that describe people who play EVE Online?

Author
stoicfaux
#1 - 2013-07-20 19:16:25 UTC
Okaaaaaaaaay, one of the survey questions is: "In your opinion, what are 3 words that describe people who play EVE Online?"

Personally, I'm googling "online psychiatric diagnosis" and "psychiatric thesaurus" before I can answer that question.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#2 - 2013-07-20 19:17:32 UTC
Bearing in mind that you are in fact a person who plays Eve, are you sure you want to self-diagnose? :p
Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-07-20 19:19:03 UTC
'herp a derp' already taken?
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-07-20 19:20:40 UTC
The cheapest killers.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#5 - 2013-07-20 19:22:44 UTC
i don't remember this question on the survey...
Laura Dmitri
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-07-20 19:23:35 UTC
Autism
Autismal
Austistic
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#7 - 2013-07-20 19:28:56 UTC
Autism
Butthurt
Projecting
stoicfaux
#8 - 2013-07-20 19:31:40 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
i don't remember this question on the survey...

It's 19% into the survey. It was on the same page as the "What best describes your experience with the following features in EVE Online?"

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-07-20 19:32:27 UTC
Borderline personality disorder.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Sebastor Cane
The Outlet
#10 - 2013-07-20 19:35:22 UTC
Obese
Lonely
Virgin
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-07-20 20:03:41 UTC

Much worse (BPD is treatable, APD is not [lack of a conscience precludes an ability to be reformed])....

Antisocial Personality Disorder

Quote:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV-TR), defines ASPD (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[9]

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:

1.failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2.deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3.impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
4.irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5.reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6.consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7.lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

Yep, APD right down to the symptoms. Straight

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Cauldron Asai
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-07-20 20:08:05 UTC
lost
in
space
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#13 - 2013-07-20 20:08:08 UTC
hugs with guns

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-07-20 20:22:24 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:

Much worse (BPD is treatable, APD is not [lack of a conscience precludes an ability to be reformed])....

Antisocial Personality Disorder

Quote:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM-IV-TR), defines ASPD (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[9]

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:

1.failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2.deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3.impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
4.irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5.reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6.consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7.lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

Yep, APD right down to the symptoms. Straight

Then you should seek profesional help.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#15 - 2013-07-20 20:34:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Talon SilverHawk
I can do it on five letters : P

Tal
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-07-20 20:35:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Uoweme
Falin Whalen wrote:

Not me, as I'm not playing EvE for the antisocial aspects (and make it very clear that it's unhealthy to engage in them...and why). Bear

Goons have long needed a straightjacket and a rubber room. Afterall, we don't need a Heaven's Gate episode for EvE, ya know??? Lol

Shaera Taam
Khanid Prime Free Irregulars
#17 - 2013-07-20 20:55:37 UTC
Everyone Versus Everyone

...everything else is extraneous to this one simple fact...

-st

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

Mark Androcius
#18 - 2013-07-20 20:58:54 UTC
Conflict Calamities Pownage ( in that order )
Socks the Fox
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-07-20 21:05:21 UTC
I'd say but all you'd see is *s everywhere.
Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-07-20 21:21:05 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:

Not me, as I'm not playing EvE for the antisocial aspects (and make it very clear that it's unhealthy to engage in them...and why). Bear

Goons have long needed a straightjacket and a rubber room. Afterall, we don't need a Heaven's Gate episode for EvE, ya know??? Lol

Then we do not meet the criteria for that diagnosis. As it states you have to have at least three to qualify, and at most looking at it from ouside, Goons could be guilty of #7. It could be argued that as a community one would not have much remorse/sympathy for those outside of it, so the case for #7 is non existant for those internal to our comunity, and moot for those outside it.

How long have you had these feelings of hatred for Goons?

123Next page