These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

EVE Tutorial missions - current issues

First post
Author
Oraac Ensor
#21 - 2013-06-16 16:13:26 UTC
Dahlina Avalhar wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
Kamorain Dinard wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
With EVE Online: Odyssey we have noticed issues with three EVE Tutorial missions. These issues will be fixed as soon as possible, but unfortunately that fix cannot be deployed before July 18th, 2013.


Mission names
Balancing the Books (4 of 10)
Data Site Scanning

...

Mission name
Balancing the Books (7 of 10)


Um, you mentioned issues with 3 different tutorial missions yet you only posted 2 of them.



Mission names are 'Balancing the Books (4 of 10)', 'Data Site Scanning' and 'Balancing the Books (7 of 10)' I think.

Roll What a short memory you have.

'Balancing the Books' is the name of the business tutorial, 'Data Site Scanning' is the name of the 4th mission in the 10-mission series (4/10).

So what is the third mission referred to?


Actually, "Data Site Scanning" is from the exploration agent, and not a part of the business tutorial, so there is indeed 3 missions posted.

Who's the one with the short memory now? ;)

Oops
Merced de'Winter
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-06-16 17:18:06 UTC
I just wanted to comment that though the tutorial says the career tutorials can be completed in an order, they aren't really set up like that. As an example, the first tutorial I started was the Business one I believe, which was at the top of the list. One step of it asks you to mine something, but does not provide you with a mining skill book or mining laser. I was able to find the proper skill book and mining apparatus on the market system, but did not have enough money to purchase them. After being stuck with no way to complete the tasks of my first quest line, I gave up for the day. The following day I decided to give the tutorials one more shot, and fortunately found that the industry tutorial gave a mining skill book and laser. Thus I was able to proceed in the Business tutorial.

Note: In my case, I didn't have access to the rookie help channel because I had tried the game for a month many years ago, and reactivated my old account. Players in the local channel seem to try to mislead new players unfortunately.
Oraac Ensor
#23 - 2013-06-16 22:47:05 UTC
Merced de'Winter wrote:
I just wanted to comment that though the tutorial says the career tutorials can be completed in an order, they aren't really set up like that. As an example, the first tutorial I started was the Business one I believe, which was at the top of the list. One step of it asks you to mine something, but does not provide you with a mining skill book or mining laser. I was able to find the proper skill book and mining apparatus on the market system, but did not have enough money to purchase them. After being stuck with no way to complete the tasks of my first quest line, I gave up for the day. The following day I decided to give the tutorials one more shot, and fortunately found that the industry tutorial gave a mining skill book and laser. Thus I was able to proceed in the Business tutorial.

Note: In my case, I didn't have access to the rookie help channel because I had tried the game for a month many years ago, and reactivated my old account. Players in the local channel seem to try to mislead new players unfortunately.

This has been brought to CCP's on countless occasions. Maybe now that it's been mentioned in a thread initiated by a Dev something might be done about it.

How about it, CCP Phantom?
superNuts
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-06-18 03:31:51 UTC
Maybe this is a little off topic, but has anyone noticed that the Battlespace Technician Basic Certification still requires Battlecruisers 2?
Darkblad
Doomheim
#25 - 2013-06-18 14:57:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Merced de'Winter wrote:
I just wanted to comment that though the tutorial says the career tutorials can be completed in an order, they aren't really set up like that. As an example, the first tutorial I started was the Business one I believe, which was at the top of the list. One step of it asks you to mine something, but does not provide you with a mining skill book or mining laser. I was able to find the proper skill book and mining apparatus on the market system, but did not have enough money to purchase them. After being stuck with no way to complete the tasks of my first quest line, I gave up for the day. The following day I decided to give the tutorials one more shot, and fortunately found that the industry tutorial gave a mining skill book and laser. Thus I was able to proceed in the Business tutorial.

Note: In my case, I didn't have access to the rookie help channel because I had tried the game for a month many years ago, and reactivated my old account. Players in the local channel seem to try to mislead new players unfortunately.

Nowadays, though, this issue is limited to getting a Mining Laser. The Mining skill is standard for new Characters and you receive the Mining Frigate skill (mission 2/10) and the Venture (mission 3/10) before you have to obtain ore to refine it to Tritanium.
But, as stated above, the Mining Laser is missing. Especially since the new Aura Missions where you obtain your rookie ship in space - which doesn't have a Civilian Miner fitted.

For the thread's topic:

After the 1.0.7 patch of today, did business 7/10 change to the new relic analyzer mechanics now, i.e. does the crypto challenge kick in? Or is it still like before (relic analyzer cycles to attempt to break open the can)?

And: are there infinite attempts for exploration 3/5 and 4/5 too, or just for business 4/10? I'd try that myself but can't right now What?

NPEISDRIP

Darkblad
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-06-19 17:14:47 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
After the 1.0.7 patch of today, did business 7/10 change to the new relic analyzer mechanics now, i.e. does the crypto challenge kick in? Or is it still like before (relic analyzer cycles to attempt to break open the can)?

And: are there infinite attempts for exploration 3/5 and 4/5 too, or just for business 4/10? I'd try that myself but can't right now What?

Yes, 7/10 changed to crypto challenge and yes, all data/relic analyzer missions offer infinite attempts. You can stockpile the required items as you can try it again also after successfully picking up a container.

NPEISDRIP

Kamorain Dinard
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-06-20 12:14:28 UTC
Merced de'Winter wrote:
Players in the local channel seem to try to mislead new players unfortunately.


You could try asking in the normal (non-rookie) Help channel (available to everyone) or, in your starter corporation's channels. I've found the Center for Advanced Studies starter corporation to be very helpful so, you could try that if yours isn't helpful.
Hyperion Dallocort
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-07-19 18:07:24 UTC
I'm completely and utterly stuck on ore site scan training and i cant find the site also i have been scanning for the training site for hours on end.Cry help
Ilkahn
Ideal Mechanisms
#29 - 2013-07-19 19:58:16 UTC
Hyperion Dallocort wrote:
I'm completely and utterly stuck on ore site scan training and i cant find the site also i have been scanning for the training site for hours on end.Cry help



almost 4 years ago i had the same problem. I now live in a wormhole and let others scan for me. Train Gunnery, threaten to kill everyone else. Worked for me.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-07-20 18:47:25 UTC
Hyperion Dallocort wrote:
I'm completely and utterly stuck on ore site scan training and i cant find the site also i have been scanning for the training site for hours on end.Cry help


File a support ticket, as this mission got removed with Odyssey and can not be completed any longer. You need to get your Exploration Career Agent's training reset for you to accept the new version of Mission #3 again.

NPEISDRIP

Callie McPherson
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-07-25 16:04:54 UTC
Well ... it's the 25th and ... this still seems to be broken.

I hacked the thing - and NOTHING happened. No little container popped out.

Hacked it several more times - still no container.

Went back to the station to see if I could turn it in - no - and went back to try again - but now - it's to hard and the hack fails every time.

I'll petition for a reset but ... this is still broken.


Now - if there's some setting we have to have in the over view to be able to see this container - that should be mentioned.

After it produced no container I changed to All but still didn't see anything.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-07-25 16:47:25 UTC
Callie McPherson wrote:
After it produced no container I changed to All but still didn't see anything.


You may not stare at the overview. Take a look into SPACE and you may find something like what's shown here.

Catch that one.

NPEISDRIP

Ertur Adestur
Hek Xplo Ltd
#33 - 2013-07-25 18:42:38 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Callie McPherson wrote:
After it produced no container I changed to All but still didn't see anything.


You may not stare at the overview. Take a look into SPACE and you may find something like what's shown here.

Catch that one.


Yeah, I had the same problem. Turns out my camera was a bit too close. That thing shoots out quite a distance.
Ronin Odesa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-10-15 16:48:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ronin Odesa
Same problem this is still broken.

Why even have a timed device that shoots far away that then locks the quest.

That is just stupid design

Ah well hope the support ticket resets
Darkblad
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-10-16 08:10:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
The issues are fixed since quite a while. If you don't, for whatever reason, make it to collect the Mini Container, just Hack open the Scatter container once more after some 12 seconds. You can repeat that to infinity.

Take a look IN SPACE for this (w/o the red circle of course Cool)

NPEISDRIP

Previous page12