These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Recommendations for Incursion multiboxing fleets?

Author
Colonel Hans Landa
JAV Hunting Guild and Preservation Society
#1 - 2013-07-18 17:50:47 UTC
I have the ISK capital to invest in 10 accounts and train them up for at most 6 months at which point I'd like to start making ISK back. I was planning to run some incursions with my logi character to see what the scene is like these days but thought I'd ask good old EVE-O forums as well.

Well, I got some questions hopefully you can help me out.

1. Shield or armor fleet?

2. What sites am I limited to with 10 accounts? I am thinking 1 T3 webber, 2 Logis and 7 BS.

3. Isk/hr per character?

The most multi-boxing I've done is with 15 accounts in simple ice mining operations, so this will take some getting used to. All help is appreciated.
Kodavor
Iz Doge Korp .
#2 - 2013-07-18 19:38:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Kodavor
Very simple mate . Join DIN . " DIN-Flotten" .
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-07-18 22:27:44 UTC
RR drakes are the best choice.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#4 - 2013-07-18 22:40:24 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
RR drakes are the best choice.

Let's not get carried away here. Incursions don't need that much damage!
Aldormanndiobla
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#5 - 2013-07-19 08:33:30 UTC
Colonel Hans Landa wrote:

1. Shield or armor fleet?

Shield

2. What sites am I limited to with 10 accounts? I am thinking 1 T3 webber, 2 Logis and 7 BS.

With 10 character, Vanguards,

3. Isk/hr per character?

Several problems here, you cannot get a good incursion runner in 6 months, you need to train for two years before the toon has the skills to contest. Then your a multiboxer up against seasoned pilots that are obviously quicker than you to issue commands for each toon, even if you have the best blackscreen dashboard setup, you will still be slower.

Contest = no isk.

Lets just say you aren't contesting, 8 DPS and 2 logis, you could make around 62 mill (pure isk, not counting lp) an hour per char, thats 10 mins a site from pay to pay. When you get good at it, maybe you could pull it down to 8 mins a site, but I cannot see you getting any quicker with multiboxing.

If you haven't run incursions before, I suggest you join a community and see how they are done, to get a better understanding of how to complete them quickly.

Do I recommend multiboxing for incursions, no.

Join ICU PUBLIC for shield fleets and incursion information.

Make sure you join the mailing list to compare your ship type/fit before x'ing up for fleet, or risk getting trolled by the KAWKS.

Colonel Hans Landa
#6 - 2013-07-19 09:23:27 UTC
Aldormanndiobla wrote:
[quote=Colonel Hans Landa]

Do I recommend multiboxing for incursions, no.

Thanks for the serious reply. Its something I'm definitely still going to try. I will also be trying out some incursions on my logi character as you suggested, to see what its like. Worst comes to worse there are other things I can apply all my characters to.

Are incursion systems usually filled to the brim with fleets, are vanguards that popular?

Nightmares, vindicators or machariels?

I don't mean to bring :tinfoil: into this, but is the machariel really getting nerfed and having its fallout bonus removed? A nightmare fleet as an end goal would be pretty awesome, but I like the versatility of the machariel/minmatar ships when it comes to applying damage to different rats in different regions of the universe. Also, vindicators are great ships in their own right, but blasters have the problem of having limited range engagements and thus you waste time having to burn into range with the vindicator I would think.

Aldormanndiobla
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#7 - 2013-07-19 09:54:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldormanndiobla

Are incursion systems usually filled to the brim with fleets, are vanguards that popular?

Depends really, sometimes you can be the only fleet in there and when there is only one highsec, it can be like 150 ppl in local.
You have to be the best, to make sure you get paid.

Nightmares, vindicators or machariels?

All of the above, (typically, not exclusively) Mach: long range to medium, alpha, Nightmares: medium to short, Vindi: short range, drones.

I know of one multiboxer that has a fleet full of Nightmares,, what a sight. :) Probably easier to macro with all the same ships.

Also, vindicators are great ships in their own right, but blasters have the problem of having limited range engagements and thus you waste time having to burn into range with the vindicator I would think.

In VG's the rats come to you, the Vindi have no need to move,.
In HQ's the Vindis move to the spawn point to apply max damage.

Make sure you join the mailing list to compare your ship type/fit before x'ing up for fleet, or risk getting trolled by the KAWKS.

The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
#8 - 2013-07-19 10:26:40 UTC
Kodavor wrote:

It is funny because it is actually true. Cool

Well it might depend mostly on your time zone, if you are in EU or US TZ I wouldn't set it up for VGs, especially with the current Inc closing routine. They are mostly full already and you will run into tons of contest with little chance to win them. You might consider to ask one of this chars:

http://evewho.com/corp/Bear+Sanctuary+02

Mostly because they do just the same thing you want to do.

IS boxers use lasers in general, probably because it is the easiest and most effective once you stack up 8-9 dps with the same fitting.

Improve discharge rigging: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=246166&find=unread

Colonel Hans Landa
#9 - 2013-07-19 11:28:07 UTC
The Djego wrote:
Kodavor wrote:

It is funny because it is actually true. Cool

Well it might depend mostly on your time zone, if you are in EU or US TZ I wouldn't set it up for VGs, especially with the current Inc closing routine. They are mostly full already and you will run into tons of contest with little chance to win them. You might consider to ask one of this chars:

http://evewho.com/corp/Bear+Sanctuary+02

Mostly because they do just the same thing you want to do.

IS boxers use lasers in general, probably because it is the easiest and most effective once you stack up 8-9 dps with the same fitting.

Oh yeah I saw that guys post I didn't ignore it. I play in the AU TZ mostly so I figured I wouldn't get much activity in that channel when I play.
Lilan Kahn
The Littlest Hobos
The Whale Hunters Association
#10 - 2013-07-19 11:32:55 UTC
if you are going for vanguards i would pick armor over shields, webs are the best tracking enhancers in the game.
Aldormanndiobla
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2013-07-19 14:34:07 UTC
Lilan Kahn wrote:
if you are going for vanguards i would pick armor over shields, webs are the best tracking enhancers in the game.

Nice troll... Not lost to an armour fleet yet.

Murphy The Legislator
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-07-19 17:02:38 UTC
Colonel Hans Landa
#13 - 2013-07-19 18:10:40 UTC
Murphy The Legislator wrote:
http://i.imgflip.com/2i4nf.jpg

Think of it this way, you get more shiny things quicker. When you have shiny things, tweet some #swag messages to your space friends. Whole heartedly taking in the MMO aspect!
Murderphache
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-07-19 18:58:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Murderphache
Echoing some of the earlier responses:

It is POSSIBLE to do but not likely to be easy. I figure 10 accounts... with isboxer you could probably run 7-8 zealots with 2-3 guardians and have them all trained up and ready to rock in about 4 months from scratch. That is starting with cybernetics and +4's then remapping and pounding out a plan on evemon.

Right now shield is better for running incursions but zealots are pretty awesome due to sig/speed tank and pretty great damage projection/application. The guardians while not ideal in a min/max setting are better for logi 4 pilots and considering you are pressed to make a return on your investment, there it is.

I have personally never used isboxer but this is what I would recommend. I would also recommend adding a few more accounts.

Running 8 zealots 3 guardiants 1 offgrid damnation with armor and skirmish boosts. 12 accounts, roughly 4 months til you can run.

*I have not run incursions since the first big nerf to them.

It might not hurt to have an orca tagging along either. Mobile base, refitting, repairs etc
Lilan Kahn
The Littlest Hobos
#15 - 2013-07-19 19:24:36 UTC
Aldormanndiobla wrote:
Lilan Kahn wrote:

Nice troll... Not lost to an armour fleet yet.

lets have a look at what you are not getting.

Armor fleets can tripple dmg mods just fine, need more ehp? plug in low grade slaves want even more ? fit high grade slaves.

Tracking computers are equal to tracking enhancers, more room for webs.

Oh and small sig radius giving reduced dmg.

fyi a 90% web is like 700% tracking bonus.

Lilan Kahn
The Littlest Hobos
#16 - 2013-07-19 19:27:22 UTC
Murderphache wrote:
Echoing some of the earlier responses:

It is POSSIBLE to do but not likely to be easy. I figure 10 accounts... with isboxer you could probably run 7-8 zealots with 2-3 guardians and have them all trained up and ready to rock in about 4 months from scratch. That is starting with cybernetics and +4's then remapping and pounding out a plan on evemon.

Right now shield is better for running incursions but zealots are pretty awesome due to sig/speed tank and pretty great damage projection/application. The guardians while not ideal in a min/max setting are better for logi 4 pilots and considering you are pressed to make a return on your investment, there it is.

I have personally never used isboxer but this is what I would recommend. I would also recommend adding a few more accounts.

Running 8 zealots 3 guardiants 1 offgrid damnation with armor and skirmish boosts. 12 accounts, roughly 4 months til you can run.

*I have not run incursions since the first big nerf to them.

It might not hurt to have an orca tagging along either. Mobile base, refitting, repairs etc

replace zealots with legions
Murderphache
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-07-19 19:33:02 UTC
Sure you can use legions and be way more effective. Legions and oneiros would further simplify but I was just going for shortest amount of time so he can start earning back on his investment. It is a shame that armor has fallen so far out of favor besides zealots/legions.

I was just using my experience with low/null sec incursions back a couple years ago (has it been that long?).