These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Advice on how to gank a freighter?

Author
Prince Sanguine
#1 - 2013-07-18 11:22:23 UTC
As of late gangking miners has been fun but we want to try (if possible) to gank a freighter for fun. What is the minimum amount of people we would need to achieve this? No issue in using bs t2 blaster fits but I'm more worried about if we have enough time in .7 or higher systems before concord rapes us. Advice would be appreciated.

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-07-18 11:51:49 UTC
One hundred fully gank T2 blaster Talos' loaded with Void ammo. Will make any ship you desire explode gloriously.
Templar Knightsbane
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-07-18 12:37:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Templar Knightsbane
Prince Sanguine wrote:
As of late gangking miners has been fun but we want to try (if possible) to gank a freighter for fun. What is the minimum amount of people we would need to achieve this? No issue in using bs t2 blaster fits but I'm more worried about if we have enough time in .7 or higher systems before concord rapes us. Advice would be appreciated.

Work out the targets lowest resistance, then find its EHP, then get some nado's and calculate there alpha's shooting at the lowest resistance,, then work out whether or not you can get 1 or 2 cycles off per ship, then go try it!

Just use a little basic math to work out how much you can volley for and how much armor/resistance your target has and go from there.

Pfya or something can give you loads of information for this sort of thing very quickly and easily.
GreenSeed
#4 - 2013-07-18 13:25:28 UTC
your concern should not be damage, it should be bumpers.

if your bumpers are drunk, high, or otherwise $#%@#, then your gank will fail. if they keep at it, you can kill a freighter with one catalyst pilot and lots of patience.

if you lack pilots and patience, then start the gank with 3x nados with prototype artys. that will be far more cheaper than any blaster ship and on .6 can drop 2 volleys for full damage, im not sure about two volleys on .7, maybe with cycle implants.

3x nados, can clear all the shield firing 6x1400mm with em first, all the armor firing the rest of the guns with plasma loaded, and chew 30k into hull on the second cycle, while a talos will hit resists.

after the initial gank, bump and pull concord. unleash the catalysts, they will deal their full paper dps on hull. you will have to chew around 120k hull on a obelisk, 110k on a provi, charons something i forgot, and 95k on fenrirs... so start with fenrirs.

on .8 and higher i would guess catalysts wont do many cycles, at 1.9 secs with good skills with a response time of around 7 seconds you are looking at around 4k of reliable damage per cat... that's a lot of catalyst pilots or a very long gank.

ABCs will lower your pilots needed and gank time. talos look better on paper because nados can't do 2 cycles. they can do 12k damage (2 cycles), while a nado can do 10k... but nados are still 30m isk cheaper and require far less training. (low meta 1m isk guns vs 4m isk t2 blasters)

anyway, don't gank people. karma is a *****.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-07-18 13:27:47 UTC
I would recommend shooting it.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#6 - 2013-07-18 14:11:28 UTC
Thor Kerrigan did some research on this here:100 Million ISK to kill a freighter in highsec.
I believe you will find everything you need there.

Considering I fly a freighter myself now and then I'm a bit hesitant to wish you luck P
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-07-18 14:48:07 UTC
shoot it

with lasers
Kali Maat
PVP FAST
#8 - 2013-07-18 14:57:44 UTC
Kill it with fire!
as a industrialist
more stuff destroyed mean more sales :-)
Abishai
#9 - 2013-07-18 15:06:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Abishai
I thought that moving concord was considered an exploit by CCP.

You can move your target away from concord with bumping but you can not move concord.
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#10 - 2013-07-18 17:28:35 UTC
EHP/10000+4=ships needed to gank target

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#11 - 2013-07-18 18:06:52 UTC
Convo the pilot and tell him to eject or else you will be mad and make his little sister cry. Violence isn't the only solution.

Prince Sanguine
#12 - 2013-07-18 18:50:07 UTC
Violence is the answer. I don't believe miners should be afk and safe anymore than an autop freighter. Something about it just makes me rage. I could find a .6 that a freighter jumps through as well. Hmm

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#13 - 2013-07-18 20:04:37 UTC
Abishai wrote:
I thought that moving concord was considered an exploit by CCP.

You can move your target away from concord with bumping but you can not move concord.

I don't see how 'moving Concord' is an exploit, since you 'move' them by doing badness somewhere else in system. Should Concord ignore the poor miner because a freighter is getting ganked?

My understanding is that truly avoiding Concord, IE not getting popped, is considered an exploit, not causing them to move around the system as a delaying tactic.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#14 - 2013-07-18 20:06:47 UTC
Buns, lots of buns.
Azami Nevinyrall
#15 - 2013-07-18 20:32:18 UTC
10-15 people
Each in Talos'
0.5 system

/thread