These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

So why do people hate cloaking?

First post
Author
Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#1 - 2013-07-18 19:43:40 UTC
I never understood the hate.

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#2 - 2013-07-18 19:44:04 UTC
Because they fail at Eve.
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-07-18 19:45:22 UTC
Because its a shame to hide those beautifull ship models.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Noriko Mai
#4 - 2013-07-18 19:45:29 UTC
But CryCry I am Cry special and I CryCry want to play Cry how I like most CryCry

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2013-07-18 19:47:14 UTC
Because they have a none blue in their instant intel tool.
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#6 - 2013-07-18 19:47:54 UTC
Who doesn't fear the unkown? Some might not, but most will. That fear often breeds hate.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#7 - 2013-07-18 19:49:19 UTC
Kijo Rikki wrote:
Who doesn't fear the unkown? Some might not, but most will. That fear often breeds hate.

W-space is space done right.

we need that moved out to all systems, delayed local, anomoly effects on ships and so on.

Make Eve a more Dynamic place.
Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#8 - 2013-07-18 19:50:18 UTC
Miilla wrote:
Kijo Rikki wrote:

W-space is space done right.

we need that moved out to all systems, delayed local, anomoly effects on ships and so on.

Make Eve a more Dynamic place.

I agree.

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#9 - 2013-07-18 19:54:19 UTC
Because its easier to make threads that say WAAAAAAAAA AFK CLOAKING IS EXPLOIT NEED FIX NAOW UNFAIR WAWAWAWAAAAAAAA HERE IS BAD FIX FOR UNFAIR EXPLOIT!!!!!!!! than it is to simply say "IM SCARED OF THE BOOGEYMAN".

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#10 - 2013-07-18 19:56:17 UTC
Here we go again.....

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#11 - 2013-07-18 20:00:12 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Because its easier to make threads that say WAAAAAAAAA AFK CLOAKING IS EXPLOIT NEED FIX NAOW UNFAIR WAWAWAWAAAAAAAA HERE IS BAD FIX FOR UNFAIR EXPLOIT!!!!!!!! than it is to simply say "IM SCARED OF THE BOOGEYMAN".

lol

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#12 - 2013-07-18 20:01:52 UTC
Because thumbsucking cowards.
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#13 - 2013-07-18 20:02:58 UTC
Because NOTHING in Eve is more dangerous than a cloaked ship with the guy afk.

Afk cloaking is the new falcon.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#14 - 2013-07-18 20:03:25 UTC
The inordinately trepidatious possess a disproportionately high anxiety in regards to the imagined claws of the ephemeral foe.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#15 - 2013-07-18 20:04:54 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
The inordinately trepidatious possess a disproportionately high anxiety in regards to the imagined claws of the ephemeral foe.

Ooooh... Fancy!

Bet I could swipe them words and sell 'em for at least a buck-fifty.
Hiyora Akachi
Advanced Hole Theory
#16 - 2013-07-18 20:06:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiyora Akachi
The people who hate cloaking are the same people who rip on High sec players for being carebears and not wanting to fight and then run screaming for the PoS the second a neutral shows up in local of their ratting system deep within the layers of Sov.

After they're all snuggly in the PoS they come here and bash High sec and whine bout cloaking some more.
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2013-07-18 20:06:11 UTC
I don't hate cloaking dudes and in fact i think you're a pretty big baby if afk cloaking causes you any real distress vOv
Mr Mutombo
Zulu Uprising
#18 - 2013-07-18 23:16:50 UTC
haters gonna hate
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#19 - 2013-07-19 01:52:39 UTC
Nobody hates cloaking

but quite a few PVPers i know hate ECM

so cloaky falcon is the tear generator of distinction.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Hevymetal
POT Corp
#20 - 2013-07-19 02:25:14 UTC
Cat Troll wrote:
I never understood the hate.

They fear what they cannot see.
123Next pageLast page