These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Good C3 duo ship?

Author
Honest Nonlabor
Cahoots Foray
#1 - 2013-07-17 16:06:01 UTC
Currently I am sort of in a pickle, my second account is going to be using a Navy Apoc with Mega Pulse lasers, but I am not sure what to put my main in (Honest). I can fly just about every Amarr/Minmatar/Caldari ship, my only hole in this being Gallente in which I do not possess good skills yet. I have a good amount of isk to spend so pricey fits doesn't phase me much, I was also wondering do I have to worry about sleepers in C3's getting out of my Apoc's range? If I have to use Ultraviolet will this significantly decrease my DPS or will I still hit rather well? Thanks ahead for the replies...
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#2 - 2013-07-25 19:13:35 UTC
Use the shortest range ammo you can (Unless you have scorch, then just use scorch and faction multifreq.) that keeps the target in optimal for max DPS.

For a second toon you could fly a Tengu for better anti-frig anti-cruiser DPS. Or a Legion if you prefer to stay within one race.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#3 - 2013-07-25 22:09:14 UTC
For a C3 duel Tengu works like a charm! Cool

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#4 - 2013-07-26 08:41:34 UTC
Pretty much any ship that can run C3s would be a good option. I run in a fleet with 2 legions and its great.

I'm not sure about the Apoc as the tank is a bit weak.
Kimi Merrol
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-07-27 03:22:16 UTC
^__^ What Andrew said.

Not sure if battleships are your thing, but we see a lot of armor repping Domi pairs (dual box) with T2 sentries clearing C3 sites pretty fast. BS is probably more vulnerable due to slow align and gtfo ability, but if you're being sensible with scouts and recon you can minimize (not eliminate) the risk. In any case, losing two sensibly fit C3 Domis (and you will lose them) may set you back 500m -- far less than a pair of RR Tengus.

In any case, C3s are easy and you definitely need to come help clear sleeper sites -- we need more targets.