These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Info or announcement?

Author
HellRider TheMad
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-07-17 11:36:59 UTC
Hey guys, I just woke up so the 'smarts' aren't fully enabled yet.
However I tried to look for any kind of information about the current offline status of the Tranquility.
Has it been announced? Point to me the the announcement please.
Launcher says that a new version is being deployed today, but there's no info on when, how long or an ETA.

I would expect that forum to be the source of such info but either it's not or I need coffee to enable my smarts.
Rengerel en Distel
#2 - 2013-07-17 11:41:10 UTC
Perhaps you're not usually awake at this time, but it's down from 11:00 until it's up every day.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Luci Ambrye
The Service Crew
#3 - 2013-07-17 11:41:38 UTC
its up now, but CCP do seem to be going back to the treat them like mushrooms days.
HellRider TheMad
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-07-17 11:45:34 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Perhaps you're not usually awake at this time, but it's down from 11:00 until it's up every day.

That is right, I'm not up that early. Could you say which timezone you had in your mind when you said "11:00"? Also, on average, how long is it offline each day?
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#5 - 2013-07-17 11:47:21 UTC
Posting in a passive aggressive whinge about the launcher and stealth patches.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#6 - 2013-07-17 11:48:36 UTC
HellRider TheMad wrote:
Rengerel en Distel wrote:

That is right, I'm not up that early. Could you say which timezone you had in your mind when you said "11:00"? Also, on average, how long is it offline each day?

Always assume Eve time - UTC.

And its usually down every day for about 30 minutes.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#7 - 2013-07-17 11:50:06 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
Posting in a passive aggressive whinge about the launcher and stealth patches.

Nonsense! this is clearly about EVE dying
HellRider TheMad
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-07-17 11:54:17 UTC
War Kitten wrote:

Thank you, I did assume UTC first, that would mean the server was offline for 1.5 hours Shocked
However, there's 1 hour offset, the UTC (possibly with DST) is now 12:53, and the game says 11:53.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#9 - 2013-07-17 11:56:11 UTC
HellRider TheMad wrote:
War Kitten wrote:

Thank you, I did assume UTC first, that would mean the server was offline for 1.5 hours Shocked
However, there's 1 hour offset, the UTC (possibly with DST) is now 12:53, and the game says 11:53.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Current UTC time is 11:55.

Eve doesn't observe DST.

HellRider TheMad
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-07-17 12:03:38 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
Eve doesn't observe DST.

Gotcha, thanks.
KracKstar
Tech Builds
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2013-07-17 12:21:32 UTC