These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

In Game Advertising

Author
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-07-15 14:56:54 UTC
That would be kind of nice; and would of course provide an excellent avenue for our new pilot recruitment plans!

(I imagine the main problem would involve staff to vet any content put up on these)
Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-07-15 15:38:09 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
You clearly don't live in areas where city managers allow anyone to advertise anything ANYWHERE. Entire neighborhoods go to sh!t quickly. I'd really rather not see some f'ing stupid pony advertising for goonies or whoever at every damn gate in game.

Alternatively, let people pay 50 billion ISK for an ad placement on a CONCORD billboard for a single 4 hour run.

You limit the number of signs board, to some number that isn't crazy. Then getting time on a board is based on an auction. Supply and Demand. I like it.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#23 - 2013-07-15 16:27:43 UTC

Be nice to shop for new furniture for the CQ.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#24 - 2013-07-15 19:51:21 UTC
Isn't there enough advertising in Jita local?

Do you really want to see "Double your isk!" at every jump gate?

...and if you're still wanting billboards, I insist on adding brightly colored neon paint cans so we can properly tag them.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#25 - 2013-07-15 20:02:57 UTC
Wasn't there a ship that let players put advertisements on it? One of those contest entries from a couple of years ago?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2013-07-15 21:17:25 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
You clearly don't live in areas where city managers allow anyone to advertise anything ANYWHERE. Entire neighborhoods go to sh!t quickly. I'd really rather not see some f'ing stupid pony advertising for goonies or whoever at every damn gate in game.

Alternatively, let people pay 50 billion ISK for an ad placement on a CONCORD billboard for a single 4 hour run.

^This.

Bring your possibles.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#27 - 2013-07-15 22:32:51 UTC
The new corp adverts are a blessing and a nice ISK sink. More of this please! Big smile
Jimmy Morane
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-07-15 22:51:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jimmy Morane
War Kitten wrote:

No.

And I'm really tired of seeing Erotica 1's wanted mug on all the dam big screens I come across.
Ragnarok vs-Goons Ragnarok
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-07-16 00:22:43 UTC
War Kitten wrote:

...and if you're still wanting billboards, I insist on adding brightly colored neon paint cans so we can properly tag them.

zoom ........i dont look at those bilbords often annyway.but think its a grate ide if it is limeted to corp recrutment adverticing
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-07-17 04:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Inokuma Yawara

Actually, no. It's not silly at all. Imagine the revenue stream for CCP with ingame adverts from Coca Cola, KFC, Domino's Pizza, etc. Of course, it would have to be relevant to the EVE universe, like in your video. IKEA selling furniture for POS, and a grand opening in Jita...

Maybe in game along with the occasional frozen food you find while looting pirates' wrecks, you may also find a case of Grolsch....

Mmmmmm.... Beeerrrr....

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Soloman Jackson
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-07-17 04:50:24 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
How about an option to switch off advertising. Mine would be set to off permanently.

Actually could do with switching off real life advertising, wouldn't that be great.

Woah! If they took advertising away, how would I know what I want?!?

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#32 - 2013-07-17 06:59:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
This has been proposed twice in features of idea, at least whilst I have been paying attention. It always gets a load of support, and very very few people object. Then the idea is ignored.

+1. In game advertising would make a massive massive possitive difference to the sandbox. Make it so.

Edit: Here is one of the old threads. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96911

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Previous page12