These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM townhall and T3's

First post First post
Author
Rengas
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#101 - 2013-07-14 23:17:37 UTC
Rroff wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Shield blobs?

Try shield fitting proteuses.

I would tell you the results but I want some free killmails first.

Before they nerfed TEs you could do a wanabbe shield adrestia fit on a prot, with the pointless nerf to TEs you can't hold the range needed and get the dps at that range needed to make it at all worthwhile tho.

After the rail buff, shield kiting prots are going to be IWIN buttons.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2013-07-14 23:45:30 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Shield blobs?

Hull tank blobs then?
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#103 - 2013-07-15 03:13:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Messoroz
Rek Seven wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Shield blobs?

Hull tank blobs then?

We tested a Vindicator today with only 2 scimis agaisnt an 60 man kitchen fleet on a wormhole. The vindi killed everything and survived in structure. 3 v 60 ftw. This may work.
chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#104 - 2013-07-15 03:51:48 UTC
Rengas wrote:
Rroff wrote:
Messoroz wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Shield blobs?

Before they nerfed TEs you could do a wanabbe shield adrestia fit on a prot, with the pointless nerf to TEs you can't hold the range needed and get the dps at that range needed to make it at all worthwhile tho.

After the rail buff, shield kiting prots are going to be IWIN buttons.

I'm looking forward to it actually.
Leskit
Pure Victory
#105 - 2013-07-15 05:53:41 UTC
I will try to address the "problems" as I've encountered them, and suggest possible fixes.
Being a wormhole denizen myself, my experience, offensively, and defensibly with tech 3's is this: Between my toons, I use and fly all four of them for what it's worth.

--You faction fit t3's. Not tech two, but faction, or even deadspace. You want every bang for your ship's buck, especially in wh space, so you're going to get better results out of it because of that.

--Hacs suck at the moment

--The loki, from my experience, is about perfectly balanced. You have to chose between tank or gank. The proteus and to some extent the tengu can do both while having bonuses to ewar.

--The proteus and tengu are the two "OP" if anything: The proteus gets over 1k dps, while having more low slots than a legion (being amarr, that's odd). Doing as much damage as a battleship...in a cruiser hull...causes issues.
my old HAMgu is an issue-950-1k dps with implants, BUT you have to sacrifice tank and/or propulsion mods to do so. Which basically balances it out.

For the stats I fly with and run into, I frequently see these numbers:
Legion (ham or laser), 80k ehp @750dps; or 125k ehp @650 dps (I have a dual plate fit that's 163k ehp @646 dps, but the resistances are mediocre)
Loki (armor): 100k ehp @650 dps; (shield) 70k ehp @800 dps
Protues: 163k ehp @950 dps; 195k ehp @800 dps
tengu (hm): 105k-85k ehp @635 dps; (ham) 110k ehp @775 dps [my cloaky ham tengu does 545 dps]

ArrowPossible fixes:
--If anything, the legion needs a slight buff; one more low slot added to the augmented plating and adaptive augmentor should fix that. If you cloak fit it, you're usually running 5 low slots compared to the proteus' 7. Evil
--revoke a low slot on the proteus-then you will have to live with a resist hole and gank, or lose damage for a better tank (like the current legion)
Tengu-I think is actually OK (shock, burn me at the stake!). You have to chose between tank and gank...usually
The loki is in great shape I think, but it got hit by the resistance nerf. It could go for an amount subsystem.

I think once we pass the 800dps ,mark on a cruiser hull, we get into dangerous territory. Looking at the stats, i'd say the legion needs a slight buff (1 more low slot with an extra 10 or so CPU), and the proteus needs a slight nerf, but I fly it the least so I can't suggest a satisfactory compromise. It's the only one on my list that gets an amazing tank and amazing dps. Better than some battleships, and better than a lot of current command ships.
Kira Hhallas
Very Drunken Eve Flying Instructors
Brotherhood Of Silent Space
#106 - 2013-07-15 07:40:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kira Hhallas
So who are crying here about OP Tech 3 Ships?
I think most time NullSec Carebear's (Glücksbärchis in German)

We people in w-space know that some t3 should be overworked, but we dont cry around.
To say a Tengus with Faction Fit is OP...... i said it in a another post. If you put 3 billions ISK in a Ship, it will be OP.
And its okay because, the player have the risk to loos the tengu with the fit and well a lvl 5 subsystem skill.

Comparing a HAC with T2 with a Tengu with Faction Fit,
Is like to compare a pears with apples.....

Kira Hhallas - Austrian EvE Community - ingame =Österreich= - StoryPage - https://oneshotstorys.wordpress.com/ -

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

Kira Hhallas
#107 - 2013-07-16 10:00:21 UTC
WH life is not about making ISK primary.
Its like to be sitting on your own Island.
W-Space is for individualists, who get tired from the old world.

Kira Hhallas - Austrian EvE Community - ingame =Österreich= - StoryPage - https://oneshotstorys.wordpress.com/ -

Leskit
Pure Victory
#108 - 2013-07-17 06:19:34 UTC
A refinement of a previous thought:

T3's aren't OP for what they cost, what you lose if you die, etc. But there are balance issues between teir 3's. The legion needs another low slot to bring it up to par. The cloaky proteus is the only fitting i'll actually say is OP. 120k ehp and 650 dps on a cloaked platform is a wee bit ridiculous. A normal legion (2x faction damage mods, 3% implants x2) barely breaks 650.

Shield loki could use 5% more raw shields.
Carry on.
Kira Hhallas
#109 - 2013-07-17 06:24:01 UTC
Please post fittings.. and how much isk do you put in it.
Everyone say someting abbout OP T3 but no one say how much ISK where spend for the ship.

ISD Gallifreyan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#110 - 2013-07-17 06:52:50 UTC
Some posts in this thread have been cleaned to remove inappropriate language and borderline abuse.
Personal attacks using profanity or discriminatory language is not tolerated on this forum.

Please respect all Forum_rules

ISD Gallifreyan

Lt. Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCL)

Interstellar Services Department

Leskit
Pure Victory
#111 - 2013-07-17 06:55:28 UTC
Kira Hhallas wrote:
Everyone say someting abbout OP T3 but no one say how much ISK where spend for the ship.

Sure thing!
high dps ham legion
normal laser legion
normal proteus
cloaky proteus
cloaky legion

Now all those are tailored to some personal preference, and your views of a better fit will differ. I don't fit a damage control for one, just a personal preference. I'm estimating prices are around the 750 mil mark; faction heatsinks are of course cheaper than FN magstabs. No fleet boosts applied.

Also change out tech 2 ammo for faction where you would use it-I would rarely use conflagration up close unless both it and myself weren't moving quickly. my gallente friends dislike void for that reason. CN antimatter drops 100dps off the non-cloaked prot.

If you downgrade to tech 1 trimarks, then ehp changes to this, respectively:
no change; 129k ehp; 119.8k ehp; 119.8k ehp; 102k ehp.
another oddity is that the proteus can keep 7 lowslots in the cloaked configuration, wheras the legion drops to 5. I keep noticing more oddities as I delve into this more thoughtfully. (like why does the loki webbing subsystem take away a midslot? so you can't shield tank and do ewar at the same time?)
Kira Hhallas
#112 - 2013-07-17 07:03:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kira Hhallas
You say, the price is about 750 mill.... for the ship ? Nice...
the 3% Imps are more or less cheap ( günstig ) ....
Hmmm... All lvl 5 okay.. does the results change much if you use your char instead of all lvl 5 ?

Is see no tengus :-(

Thank you for the work.
But i see nice results for 750 mil. ISK ....

Bamsey Amraa
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#113 - 2013-07-17 08:05:18 UTC
Leskit wrote:
A refinement of a previous thought:

T3's aren't OP for what they cost, what you lose if you die, etc. But there are balance issues between teir 3's. The legion needs another low slot to bring it up to par. The cloaky proteus is the only fitting i'll actually say is OP. 120k ehp and 650 dps on a cloaked platform is a wee bit ridiculous. A normal legion (2x faction damage mods, 3% implants x2) barely breaks 650.

Shield loki could use 5% more raw shields.
Carry on.

Why noany speak about range of fire on the Proteus vs others T3? Before proteus can make any damage the others T3s can open fire, scram, web and even run away with 100mn AB. Why noany speak how easy take off that " overpovered" dps just by using neutralizers (yep cap needed for shoot ;p )

And how about rails? All others T3 have chose long or short dps fit but only proteus have this ****** rails for chose.
Kira Hhallas
#114 - 2013-07-17 08:38:51 UTC
Okay i have to say only in small gang i have seen "neuts" or if i was alone in ah Tech3 ship.

Its a good idea to bring the Tech3 ships with the second wave.... because most of the "WH small PVP gangs" throw there stuff in the first wave into the Battle
Short range is better.. Long rang ships can be damped away even with cheap frigs.
Rapier will stop the 100mn AB Tengus ....
Falcon / Curse / Neute Ships are Primery .....
But most time there is a bigger fleet behind them so with a good scout you know in WH what they bring.
And oyu can abort the fight.

But its true T3 Ships are vulnerable to neuts

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2013-07-17 08:42:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Overpowered or under-powered, it's all relative. You can't make a fit on eft, compare it to other ships and say use that to make an argument as to whether the ship needs a nerf. PVP in eve doesn't work like that as we are not all running around soloing each other.

It's not a game of rock, paper, scissors when that cloaky proteus is only pointing you so his 5 friends can come and get on the killmail.
Kira Hhallas
#116 - 2013-07-17 08:52:23 UTC
So well but they are most the second wave. Solo in ah Tech3 you will never get a fair fight.
But this ships are realy mean if your fleet have Falcon + Rapier + HAM Nighthawk. Tech3 ships give them a realy nice DPS Punch.
They are the spice for a PVP gang :-)

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#117 - 2013-07-17 09:22:23 UTC
Leskit wrote:
Kira Hhallas wrote:

Sure thing!
normal laser legion

here's a Harbinger fit that costs about the same:
Quote:
[Harbinger, Balancing Factor]
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Centum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Core B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Heat Sink

Corelum C-Type 10MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Hammerhead II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

gets a little less tank and a bit more DPS.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Kira Hhallas
#118 - 2013-07-17 09:29:01 UTC
Interesting .....

without the stupid SkillLoss if I die ....
But with a bigger signature and its not so fast.... but realy interesting...
Can you put the DPS results and the tank results in your fit?
I am in the Office and i don't have ah EVEHQ at my hand in moment.

Bamsey Amraa
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#119 - 2013-07-17 10:25:51 UTC
Try use that battlecruiser with dreads shooting to you on the grid. T3 are a lot better than BC in that case ;).... But now i go to try fit Astarte or Vigilant with 800kk fit ;)))
Kira Hhallas
#120 - 2013-07-17 11:40:56 UTC
I think i missed something..... Abso ? cmd ?