These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

This week in EVE #2 - Week 28/2013

First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-07-12 12:00:01 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
"This week in EVE" is a weekly overview of EVE Online related news and events and shows what is going on in EVE Online. The focus of this overview is on official news from CCP: For example, dev blogs and important forum posts by CCP developers, the ever evolving background story and upcoming events. The summary of the previous week 27/2013 can be found here.

The current "This week in EVE" gives on overview of the week 28/2013 from July 6th to 12th

Devblogs
  • CSM Guest Blog: "Reasonable Things" Crowdsourcing - Forum discussion
  • The CSM 8 invites everyone to come forth with suggestions for small and medium large changes and improvements to EVE Online. These suggestions will then be bundled and presented to CCP during the coming CSM Summit in Reykjavik. When you submit your ideas to the feedback thread, please make sure that you follow the format outlined in the blog! Check also our localized forums for language specific feedback threads.

Alliance Tournament XI Tournament prize ships and more! - Forum discussion
    The Alliance Tournament XI is ready to kick off on July 20th, 2013, with full live stream coverage of 64 teams fighting for eternal fame and juicy prices during the weekends until the final on August 4th. As with all Alliance Tournaments we also have this year ship prizes for the winners; this year the top two teams will win improved Angel Cartel frigates and cruisers. The Grand Prize consists of Morachas: recon ships with superior firepower, speed and covert abilities. The Runner Up will receive Chremoas, fully capable combat frigates that can fit covert op cloaking devices.

• Community Spotlight: Mad Ani - Forum discussion
  • Not everyone in EVE Online can be everywhere and this is when live streaming becomes very useful. Mad Ani, a long term EVE player, is one of the most popular members in the growing streaming community and provides a fantastic service to the EVE Community: Mad Ani's live stream of EVE Online. If something big is going on in EVE, chances are high that Mad Ani will cover it with his live stream and comments. If you want to know what is going on in EVE Online right when you log on, check his stream to see where the action is. Thank you, Mad Ani and all the other streamers, for this great community service!

Devposts on the forum and news
[list]
  • CREST experimental access for the Alliance Tournament
  • CCP CQ brings great news for all third party developers in the EVE Online community: a small section of our CREST will be publicly available as part of the Alliance Tournament XI. These CREST endpoints do not require authentication and do not require a special license. For more information about CREST, you can watch the Fanfest 2013 CREST devtrack videos here and here.

• EVE University Summer Classes To Commence on July 15th
  • EVE University, well-known for their excellent educational efforts since many years, will open their classes and lectures to general public from July 15th, 2013. Especially new or returning players might profit and enjoy those lectures; EVE University is also on the lookout for new lecturers and teachers. The schedule for upcoming classes can be found here.

• EVE Radio celebrates a decade of service
  • EVE Radio, a great radio show revolving around EVE Online and featuring high profile guest stars and many CCP interviews, celebrated their 10th anniversary. Congratulations and here's to many more years to come!

• CCP Shiny on Freelance translators
  • As CCP Shiny, Localization Producer, confirmed, the Localization Services team at CCP is still looking for freelance contractors to work remotely on translations from English into several languages such as German, Russian, Italian and Spanish.

• Character sales scamming is strictly forbidden!
  • Please note that any scams regarding character sales are strictly forbidden and any such attempts have drastic consequences for the culprit. If you plan to purchase a character, please make sure that you will get exactly what you are looking for....

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Salpun
    Global Telstar Federation Offices
    Masters of Flying Objects
    #2 - 2013-07-12 12:04:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
    Probably should create a new sub folder in the information center called "this week in eve" so they all stay in the same place and do not get crowded out.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Chribba
    Otherworld Enterprises
    Otherworld Empire
    #3 - 2013-07-12 12:08:33 UTC
    Keep up the good work!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Khoul Ay'd
    The Affiliation
    #4 - 2013-07-12 12:13:58 UTC
    I really appreciate these compendiums, keep up they great work CCP!

The things we do today we must live with forever.... Think about it

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
    #5 - 2013-07-12 12:48:52 UTC
    How could we live without this? Totally love it!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Turelus
    Utassi Security
    #6 - 2013-07-12 14:09:02 UTC
    Big smile Keep up the great work.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Neville Smit
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #7 - 2013-07-12 14:13:28 UTC
    I heartily endorse this product!

I am an unapologetic fan of EVE Online. My blog: http://nevillesmit.com/ - My Twitter: https://twitter.com/NevilleSmit

Thorn Galen
    Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
    The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
    #8 - 2013-07-12 14:21:29 UTC
    Excellent collection of events and links.
    Great work CCP !!

Hazen Koraka
    HK Enterprises
    #9 - 2013-07-12 14:35:40 UTC
    +1 for enthusiasm! Lets see how many weeks this may continue :)

Exploration is Random. Random is Random... or is it?! http://docs.python.org/2/library/random.html

Arduemont
    Rotten Legion
    #10 - 2013-07-12 14:43:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
    Loving these weekly updates. It's also nice to see the CSM's idea for crowd sourcing (if it was their idea). Hopefully CCP will get a better idea of what the players (read forum warriors) want from our universe.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Solrac Tolan
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #11 - 2013-07-12 17:34:59 UTC
    Great reading, as always.
    Jonny Copper
    The Cadre Arareb Foundation
    #12 - 2013-07-12 18:03:38 UTC
    When will the alliance tournament prize ships be put onto the test server? The Morachas looks really awesome!
    Macker Momo
    The Big Moe
    #13 - 2013-07-12 18:22:59 UTC
    Salpun wrote:
    Probably should create a new sub folder in the information center called "this week in eve" so they all stay in the same place and do not get crowded out.

Thank again for the update. Yes, I agree that these updates should be easy to find.

Quote:

Character sales scamming is strictly forbidden!
    Please note that any scams regarding character sales are strictly forbidden and any such attempts have drastic consequences for the culprit. If you plan to purchase a character, please make sure that you will get exactly what you are looking for. For example, please check the character age and any spelling irregularities (for example a replacement of lowercase "L" with uppercase "i" in the character name) to avoid getting scammed.

Seems like the problem is with CCP's glorious in-house font. Might want to change that, since the lowercase 'L" and the uppercase "i" look exactly the same. Don't know how you expect us to tell the difference by looking. Is it just our responsibility to predict every possible iteration of a name? Hmmm.

Life is short. Have fun.

Mikron Alexarr
    New Age Solutions
    #14 - 2013-07-12 19:00:34 UTC
    This certainly makes my lurking for information much easier. Keep these updates coming.
    Smagd
    Encina Technologies
    #15 - 2013-07-12 19:13:23 UTC
    Yah, thanks a lot, there's even stuff in there I haven't seen on my other regular EVE news sources: Major thumbs up!
    Lors Dornick
    Kallisti Industries
    #16 - 2013-07-13 02:18:05 UTC
    Good job Phantom.

Make sure that this is anchored higher up so you can go on vacation without Weekly News going blank ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Hadrelhnahn Ron-Huken
    Republic Military School
    Minmatar Republic
    #17 - 2013-07-13 11:19:32 UTC
    Good job, although I'd like to see a "Nullsec politics" or, more generally, an "Politics" tab added, looking at the ongoing Fountain war. It'd be interesting to have a neutral eye on what's really going on and could help people keep track of the politics between player-owned alliances/corporations in eve.

But good job, like the background of Eve, good to see a tab for it here ^^
    Tux88
    Tux factory
    #18 - 2013-07-15 11:11:23 UTC
    I would like a cycle button for the directionnal scan.... just boring to click each 5 sec.

It would be cool to have a pos module to recharge the core of a vessel in the pos forcefield.
    Tiberius Mal
    Pator Tech School
    Minmatar Republic
    #19 - 2013-07-16 01:29:54 UTC
    Really enjoying these +1
    Ennor Odunen
    New Jovian Exploration Department
    New Jovian Collective
    #20 - 2013-07-16 10:50:57 UTC
    Might want to change the name of the country in the last events link .............

12Next page