These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

August CSM Summit and Attendees

First post First post
Author
CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-07-15 21:01:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
Greetings SpaceFans,

It is the moment you have all been waiting for, the details for the August CSM Summit. For those of you not "in the know" the first CSM Summit will be held from August 28th - 30th. As many of you will know this is the first test run of our 2+5 test run for summit attendance, and I must say that I was presented with a rather difficult problem this year, too many excellent CSM'ers.

The following list, in no particular order, is a combination of the CSM's votes, the areas of gameplay that they generally represent, the features coming in Winter, and input from the development teams. I would also like to note that this list was incredibly difficult to create, as CSM8 has drastically out-performed past CSM’s in terms of participation, and I applaud them for their efforts. Also, it is important to note that those who attend this summit will likely not attend the winter summit, as we want to get a good mix of all our active CSM'ers across both summits.

Finally, here is the list:
Mynnna
Ripard Teg
Ali Aras
James Arget
Korvin
Mike Azariah
Trebor Daehdoow

As always, any CSM not on that list is welcome, and encouraged, to attend the summit sessions digitally and all sessions will be recorded and shared for those CSM's who cannot attend.

For those of you who haven't joined in yet, I encourage you to check out the CSM's "Reasonable Things" Initiative here. You should be hearing more from me about the exact details of the summit as we get closer to that most magical time of the year, CSM Summit Time.

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#2 - 2013-07-15 21:09:33 UTC
So winter expansion is going to be about rich small gang pvpers living in provi and wormholes who are russian and like to RP and do black ops hotdrops?

:P

Congrats to all who are attending!

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-07-15 21:22:12 UTC
No, it's going to be about the rich, the small gang PvPers, Providence and wormholes, and Russians who like to RP and do blackops hot drops.

Get it right, man!

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Cass Lie
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-07-15 21:31:02 UTC
Congrats to the representatives chosen, let's hope you get some records of the minutes' release date broken.
Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-07-15 21:42:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Karsa Egivand
Posting before Malcanis does.
pmchem
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-07-15 21:55:32 UTC
My suggestion to implement GarpaUI has the highest number of 'likes' in the reasonable things thread, aside from the revenant bpc joke post. And I didn't even ask any goons to vote for it.

Just sayin', CCP/CSM.

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Alekseyev Karrde
Capitalist Army
The Network.
#7 - 2013-07-15 23:07:19 UTC
Pretty solid list

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#8 - 2013-07-16 05:06:03 UTC
Shrug....

Whatever devastation that will be wrought on high sec for the sake of making the rich richer, the null sec cartels, is already in the works. This window dressing is just that, window dressing.

If high sec had more more fair representation on the group that directs game mechanic changes, then yeah, we might expect something of value to come from anything the CSM dictates to CCP.

But since there is nominally one member of high sec of the 14, this CSM holds no value for high sec, only tears.
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2013-07-16 05:29:54 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:


But since there is nominally one member of high sec of the 14, this CSM holds no value for high sec, only tears.


Yep. And you're delivering even now. Delicious, delicious tears.

mmmm.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-07-16 05:46:00 UTC
The mistake is thinking binary.

Of course this is a computer game but . . . us and them is not always how it works. There is us, them, the other guys over there, that one who cannot make up his mind and a whole lot who don't give a damn.

Am I arguably the carebear hisec pubbie of the group? Absolutely

Do I feel alone in this council as a result? Nope

Poor Mynnna for example. Richest of us, yes, but has that bought him happiness?

James, sticking his head out a wormhole to see if his shadow is there. He will be twitchy because he will be able to SEE if other people are in the room with him.

Each of us is a player, a person, sharing the common ground of Eve. And trying to make it better. Not just for ourselves but for the whole damn player population.

(Cue music: Imagine, John Lennon)

How much have we spent on this game? Money? Time? Do you honestly believe that even the most trollish of the elected CSM want to be the LAST CSM and watch the world burn? OK, besides Trebor.

I doubt you believe this, Dinsdale, and probably quite a few others join you in disbelief. BUT WE ARE WORKING

To make the game better
To make the game work

I am on the inside and I know I cannot prove a damn thing to you without violating NDA so you can do one of two things. Continue to decry the end of New Eden or wait, watch and judge us by our works.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#11 - 2013-07-16 06:23:41 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
The mistake is thinking binary.

Of course this is a computer game but . . . us and them is not always how it works. There is us, them, the other guys over there, that one who cannot make up his mind and a whole lot who don't give a damn.

Am I arguably the carebear hisec pubbie of the group? Absolutely

Do I feel alone in this council as a result? Nope

Poor Mynnna for example. Richest of us, yes, but has that bought him happiness?

James, sticking his head out a wormhole to see if his shadow is there. He will be twitchy because he will be able to SEE if other people are in the room with him.

Each of us is a player, a person, sharing the common ground of Eve. And trying to make it better. Not just for ourselves but for the whole damn player population.

(Cue music: Imagine, John Lennon)

How much have we spent on this game? Money? Time? Do you honestly believe that even the most trollish of the elected CSM want to be the LAST CSM and watch the world burn? OK, besides Trebor.

I doubt you believe this, Dinsdale, and probably quite a few others join you in disbelief. BUT WE ARE WORKING

To make the game better
To make the game work

I am on the inside and I know I cannot prove a damn thing to you without violating NDA so you can do one of two things. Continue to decry the end of New Eden or wait, watch and judge us by our works.

m


Don't get me wrong Mike.
I do not doubt your personal good intentions, and absolutely believe that a ton of the people on the CSM are indeed trying very hard. However, I strongly doubt they are all pulling in the same direction.

Fundamentally, the largest group within the CSM is made up of lobbyists of the null sec cartels. And they are intent on turning Eve into a printing press for their group. They can say "it is for the good of the game."

Some may even actually believe that crushing any ISK potential in high sec will not drive the players from the game, but actually drive the majority of the high sec players into the welcoming arms of the cartels, who will be more than happy to accept them. Especially with all the new tax mechanisms proposed with the farms and fields concept for null sec.

Others, they recognize that even if the overall economic pie of Eve will shrink when a large percent of the high sec players quit, if the percentage allocated to null goes way way up, the gross ISK flowing through null sec cartel wallets will increase.

Whether they actually believe the game will be improved with the destruction of high sec, or they are saying that with cynicism, it does not matter. The results are the same.

Someone who I respect in the game (someone I believe might know mynnna) said something to me. It is self-evident, but worth repeating. The person said, and I paraphrase, "the goons recognize that to win Eve you have to control the economy".
That is quite true. As in real life, if you control the economy of an entity, you control that entity.

The cartel leadership has taken that concept to heart, and will do anything to ensure that they have as much control over the Eve economy as possible.

And lastly, as for my two options, I choose both. I choose to continue to warn people about the coming high sec apocalypse (which will certainly extend into the summer 2014 release, likely even longer), and watch, and wait, for the forum campaigns about how high sec must be nerfed, for game balance, and the subsequent announcements by CCP in October about proposed game mechanic changes.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#12 - 2013-07-16 07:47:33 UTC
Once again, Dinsdale's faith in how much effort we're prepared to put into scheming - and how effective we are at it - puts us to shame.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2013-07-16 12:07:49 UTC
You'll watch, and wait, and warn, and be able to do little more than that. You'll sit and squirm and complain, totally helpless, as we destroy your game.


And I'll enjoy every minute of it.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#14 - 2013-07-16 12:10:36 UTC
Mynnna it is cruel to raise his hopes like that

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2013-07-16 12:22:24 UTC
You know how much he wants it to be true.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2013-07-16 12:37:28 UTC
Well of course he wants it to be real, that's why the mere notion of even the slightest change would be an apocalyptic nerf to him. If CCP repeated the 10% across-the-board nerf to bounties, I'm sure he'd cast it as "a huge nerf to highsec and more proof that the evil nullsec cartel is trying to ruin the game", nevermind that nullsec bounties were nerfed, too.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#17 - 2013-07-16 13:09:47 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Well of course he wants it to be real, that's why the mere notion of even the slightest change would be an apocalyptic nerf to him. If CCP repeated the 10% across-the-board nerf to bounties, I'm sure he'd cast it as "a huge nerf to highsec and more proof that the evil nullsec cartel is trying to ruin the game", nevermind that nullsec bounties were nerfed, too.


Come to think of it, don't I recall him claiming that the loot nerf was a hi-sec nerf on exactly this basis?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2013-07-16 13:14:07 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
Stop it you two, lest I be forced to give you all a paddlin'

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#19 - 2013-07-16 13:43:48 UTC
This is communicating with the community!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#20 - 2013-07-16 14:13:22 UTC
CCP Dolan wrote:
Stop it you two, lest I be forced to give you all a paddlin'


Yeah.
Never let it be said that there is a double standard when it comes to enforcing the rules.
12Next page