These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Contacts Revisited

First post
Author
Jacob Menard
Bleeding Skulls Syndicate
#1 - 2011-09-08 15:48:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jacob Menard
I know this is in the sticky for features, but lets get real here, this thread is 2 years old and considered HOT, so why haven't we done anything about it?

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1181258 << thread about bookmarks. Contact list thread has eluded my searching.

Our beloved CSM unfortunately is usually concerned mostly with stuff that affect larger alliances and null sec/ WH space. However, us High-Sec people, who go to war, would like to be able to share the CONTACTS listings we have compiled of our war targets with other members in the alliance. Our Intel officers go to great lengths to compile these lists, but then they email the list to the Alliance and individual members must add each and every one to the contacts, set standing and watch list. This is very tedious, time consuming and frustrating. PLEASE encourage CCP to give us a way to either export/import these lists or a way in game to "trade contacts", which would allow you to trade a set of bookmarks defined under a label. This would be great for bookmarks as well.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-09-08 18:34:20 UTC
This is something that I've been advocating for a long while. I'll keep plugging away at it.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Jacob Menard
Bleeding Skulls Syndicate
#3 - 2011-09-08 19:14:46 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
This is something that I've been advocating for a long while. I'll keep plugging away at it.

Thank you, it would be much appreciated!
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#4 - 2011-09-08 20:12:21 UTC
also: wasn't there a dev statement about functionality to display bookmarks in overview which deployment has been delayed and somehow died?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Seamus Donohue
EVE University
Ivy League
#5 - 2011-09-09 17:25:56 UTC
The original poster seems to be talking about sharing lists of contacts rather than lists of bookmarks. However, I support both.

Survivor of Teskanen.  Fan of John Rourke.

I have video tutorials for EVE Online on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeamusDonohueEVE

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#6 - 2011-09-10 00:24:35 UTC
This falls under the "WTF" category, like the need to transfer a 100x100x10 cm stone tablet in order to share a bookmark with someone.

We're flying km-long spaceships, travelling across an entire galaxy in a day, communicating across that galaxy instantaneously, and...we can't electronically transfer contacts and bookmarks? Talk about killing immersion.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.