These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CTA: EVE needs YOU

Author
Zirise
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-09-08 19:03:42 UTC
Dearest EVE-O badposters, trolls, and serious spaceship people.

There seems to be much ado being made lately regarding nullsec, the CSM, and your Goon overlords. Apparently there is concern that Mittens is an egotistical tyrant dreamy space emperor that is out to break the backs of highsec players in some sort of bid to champion his RMT space empire or some other badawfulconspiracy dreamed up by badposting pubbies and the (still) bitter ex-IT crew. While the seemingly boundless stupidity of these forums is quite entertaining in small doses, at the moment its extremely irrelevant.

The voices of this extremely small minority that have come to dominate EVE-O need to be checked. Most know EVE-O as a place to be avoided by all but the most foolhardy. A cesspool for ideas left to die and trolls baiting trolls. For the moment however, this needs to not be the case. These are dark times for EVE. The future of the game we love, but hardly login into, is at stake. For all of our trolling, our recruitment scamming, our merciless griefing-- we nullsec players actually enjoy playing this terrible game and the time has come to do something about it.

Understand that while our views may differ wildly, we are all here because ultimately we all enjoy, (despite CCP's best efforts,) playing EVE Online. We aren't here to troll, and we aren't here to break your game, not wormholes nor highsec. We are here to let CCP know that much of nullsec is waiting with baited breath at what could be CCP's last kick at the bucket to make things right.

Please, stand with us behind the CSM on the darkening road ahead. They will need our help. United we will move mountains change Hilmar's mind.

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-09-08 19:05:02 UTC
who are you and why do u think your important? also are u pro CCP fail or against it...
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-09-08 19:12:09 UTC
Zirise wrote:
These are dark times for EVE.

... and S&L is our only hope? Blink
Hypnagogia Ichinumi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-09-08 19:12:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Hypnagogia Ichinumi
Herping yourDerp wrote:
who are you and why do u think your important? also are u pro CCP fail or against it...

He is nobody and that's the point. He's not important, and neither am I and neither are you. At least not on our own. The point is that we, as players, need to get beyond this petty null/highsec rivalry and realize that the CSM represents EVERYONE, not just the Goons or whoever else you may believe is in on this 'conspiracy.'

The fact of the matter is that everything that happens in null eventually effects highsec, as well as the opposite. The CSM have tried to play by CCP's rules and we as a player base have seen them widely ignored. For the good of the game that we all love, we all need to show our support for the CSM. They are our voice whether you like it or not. If you feel they're not representing you, SAY SO. Voice your opinions and your concerns small and large. The only way they can accurately represent you is if you tell them what you represent.
DrDan21
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-09-08 19:15:11 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:

Average people who play EvE, a neglected game about space ships
Alex Sinai
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-09-08 19:15:28 UTC
Nice post.
Don't think anything will change but hope to be nicely surprised.

Since I'm a scout I like equally High Low W and Null sectors. Each have it's own fruits.
In High sector I can fly without much worries of being blown up and even mine some ores if I feel up to the task.
In Low sector I can blow someone up for lolz.
In W-space I can blow someone up for lolz and ISK. Or just troll some corp for days and see if I can blow something up.
In Null I can escape camps (not always) and get some priceless BPOs and other stuff. And blow something up if really lucky.

But doing so for long time without more FiS content can become boring beyond reason.
So I support CSM and Mittani now. But keep in mind "babies" reference from 2 month ago to protesting players. Well, everyone makes mistakes. Hope he learned enough not to forget to apologize for that reference to player base.

Don't let them fly safe!

Yakar Kunn
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-09-08 19:17:13 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:

It's somehow fitting that the first reply in a post about badposting and pubbies is a badpost by a pubbie. Ohgod.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#8 - 2011-09-08 19:18:34 UTC
We need to unite as a playerbase, it is the only way to get people to listen to us. The CSM provides us with leadership that we need to guide us. We shouldn't nitpick on small little things, we should put our collective heads together and support eachother through these dark and scary times.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#9 - 2011-09-08 19:22:32 UTC
I non-ironically agree with the op but it would probably be a good idea for you guys to stop calling your comrades at the barricades "pubbies" for the duration of the revolution.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Woo Glin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-09-08 19:26:38 UTC
Dreddit is mostly ex-IT and pubbies, so they use it as a form of camaraderie.
Zirise
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2011-09-08 19:27:46 UTC
Woo Glin wrote:

Not empty quoting.
Yakar Kunn
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-09-08 19:28:20 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
I non-ironically agree with the op but it would probably be a good idea for you guys to stop calling your comrades at the barricades "pubbies" for the duration of the revolution.

Pubbies Average players is the backbone of our political clout.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#13 - 2011-09-08 19:29:25 UTC
Woo Glin wrote:

ah well then, carry on! Big smile

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Yakar Kunn
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-09-08 19:29:56 UTC
Woo Glin wrote:

TEST is mostly IT spais that never bothered dropping corp.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#15 - 2011-09-08 23:27:13 UTC
Yakar Kunn wrote:
Woo Glin wrote:

I am, in fact, an IT spy.

(i still am TwistedTwistedPiratePirate)
Joe D'Trader
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-09-09 02:56:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe D'Trader
EI Digin wrote:
Yakar Kunn wrote:
Woo Glin wrote:

I am, in fact, an IT spy.

(i still am TwistedTwistedPiratePirate)

So yeah, revolution and we like flying in space?

I had to do the question mark cause I'm bad at this.

But am hoping for the day when there will be more than 2 types of destroyer hulls. I love dictors and all, and I guess for lvl 1s destroyers are somewhat useful but there was But CCP's own video heavily suggested a new destroyer hull Can I haz soon please?