These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Guest Blog: "Reasonable Things" Crowdsourcing

First post First post
Author
Jayden Sunfire
Sunfire Corporation
#641 - 2013-07-14 19:27:26 UTC
Suggestion: In planetary interaction, allow the strength of the heatmap for each resource to be adjusted separately

Keywords: PI
Kej Lacitis
Space Mechanics
#642 - 2013-07-14 19:27:50 UTC
Suggestion: дать возможность суперкарриерам использовать майнинг дронов
Keywords: дроны, капиталы
Note: Можно копать на карриерах, дредноутах, титанах, а чем суперкарриеры хуже?
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#643 - 2013-07-14 20:37:30 UTC
Suggestion: Arrow keys move through the locked targets
Keywords: UI Controls

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#644 - 2013-07-14 20:59:10 UTC
Suggestion: Easier camera modes for live streamers.
Keywords: live streaming, PR

Note: There where some additional camera modes that where available but got turned off while the new jump gate animation was worked on and because of lack of control interface. Please had them back in.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Photon Ceray
Palmyra Universal Enterprise
#645 - 2013-07-14 22:32:47 UTC
Suggestion: stop automatically giving noob ships every time we dock in a station. make it an option to stop getting them.
Keywords: new player, items, ships, pod, noob ship, rookie ship, inventory.

Note: this will probably clean up 10% of the inventory of tranquility!
Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#646 - 2013-07-14 22:56:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Klandi
Suggestion: on undock, materialize in a random spot 2k from the station. Same mechanics as jumping through a gate.
Keywords: ships, undock

Note: Has benefits that include not having to clean up the collision points on stations.

Suggestion: Re-visit spawning ice fields. Make the spawn time every 2hrs .
Keywords: mining, ice mining

Note: Having ice fields spawn every 4 hours means that you lose out if you are not around at the time the field is active. If play time is restricted and ice mining is a source of income, then ice mining spawns are restrictive.

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Memran
F.U.N. Inc.
The Ancients.
#647 - 2013-07-14 23:01:08 UTC
Suggestion: Reduce jump clone cool down
Keywords: Clone, Jump Clone

Notes: 24 hours is a bit excessive!
Rytell Tybat
Doomheim
#648 - 2013-07-14 23:04:32 UTC
Suggestion: Allow for more/all factions, including pirate factions, to participate in faction warfare (i.e. Serpentis, Blood Raider, Mordus, etc.). Allow for players to sign up with and represent any of the participating factions.

Keywords: Faction Warfare, Pirate, Factions

Note: Obviously complicated. Some factions might only be at war with one other faction. Some might be at war with most (Sansha?).
Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#649 - 2013-07-14 23:13:38 UTC
Suggestion: Stop PLEX from being affected by inflation. Keep PLEX at a standard cost of 400mil to help the new player continue playing the game.
Keywords: new players, ISK. gametime, Re-subbing

Note: Inflation is driving new players away as the cost of re-subbing by PLEX is more difficult especially if the majority of time is spent PvP. Reducing the PLEX to a standard cost would help all players

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Anessa Smith
Interference Inc
#650 - 2013-07-15 00:06:42 UTC
Suggestion: Add option to highlight corporation orders
Keywords: Market, UI
Ranulph Scott
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#651 - 2013-07-15 00:08:20 UTC
Suggestion: In the jump clones tab add a Pause skills button at the top next to "next clone jump availability" which changes to resume when skills are paused.

Keywords: Jump clones, UI
Tiberius Mal
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#652 - 2013-07-15 00:38:08 UTC
Suggestion: Fix the background when previewing items in the show-in window.
Keyword: Show Info, UI
Notes: regardless of the race of the item you're viewing, if you click on the picture of that item/ship the background will always show Caldari Blue. Fix this so that when you click on the picture the correct race background appears.
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#653 - 2013-07-15 01:08:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Jagerblitzen
Suggestion: List maximum drone control range in the ship fitting window.
Keywords: UI, Show Info, New Players
Notes: This value would of course need to be affected by pilot skill and active ship type. An alternative to this would be to include drone control range as a value on the "Show info" of either the ship itself or the drones themselves, but this is much less convenient than simply showing it as an attribute in the fitting window, alongside the rest of the information pertaining to the drones such as bandwidth and bay capacity.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Johann Rascali
The Milkmen
Churn and Burn
#654 - 2013-07-15 01:11:55 UTC
Suggestion: Show Remaining Subscription Time in Character Sheet
Keywords: UI, Account Management
Notes: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3335155

Suggestion: Add Module Cooldown Timer for modules which can't reactivate at the end of their cycle
Keywords: UI, modules
Notes: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2854368

Suggestion: Separate and Denote Hitpoint Warning Alarms
Keywords: UI
Notes: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1809400

Blanking signatures doesn't seem to work, so this is here.

Dai Verdigris
Beckson Dynamics
#655 - 2013-07-15 01:19:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Dai Verdigris
Suggestion: selecting an item from the overview tracks the object and populates that box with details like bounty, velocity etc. allow configuration or provide more detail on the selected item such as radial and tranversial velocity. Information that is available from the overview, but may not be displayed.
Keywords: ui

Suggestion: make the radial menus work in more places. For example drone management
Keywords: ui

Suggestion:
Configurable audio alerts for local and chat windows.
For example an alert when a war target or criminal appears or leaves local.
Kewords: ui
Tomiko Kawase
Perkone
#656 - 2013-07-15 02:01:43 UTC
Suggestion: Allow TAB to be rebound, unlock as many keys as possible for rebinding
Keywords: UI, controls, settings
Bo Kantrel
GETCO
#657 - 2013-07-15 02:04:20 UTC
Suggestion: checkable share custom office option with corp/fleet

Keywords: fleet corp custom office

Note:Just as in Fleet hanger on Orca, be able to check share with fleet or corpies
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#658 - 2013-07-15 02:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Dersen Lowery
Suggestion: Fix text on the contract window's station search to say: "Searching for stations whose name contains 'X'", where X is whatever the user entered in the search field

Keywords: UI, Polish

Suggestion: Add the ability to restrict the search to system name, corporation name, or station name so that the game doesn't crash trying to search ALL THE THINGS.

Keywords: UI, Stability, Quality of Life

Suggestion: Put a Cancel or Stop button on the modal search dialog that pops up when you use that station search, or make it non-modal.

Keywords: UI, Quality of LIfe

Suggestion: Instead of having a spastically updating progress bar, guesstimate the size of the result set, then have the progress bar reflect the extent of the whole search, so that it only reaches the right border of the bar when it has finished searching.

Keywords: UI, Polish

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#659 - 2013-07-15 02:19:45 UTC
Suggestion: Items in containers should be searchable in the assets window and show where the item is.

Keywords: Items, Assets, containers

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#660 - 2013-07-15 02:20:50 UTC
Suggestion: Fix the particular situation on undock when the otherwise-excellent radial menu becomes a huge, annoying hassle because it pops up whenever you click on the nearby station in the course of trying to move the camera.

Keywords: UI, Quality of Life

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!