These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

instant combat games PVP vs PVE - leagues and tournaments?

Author
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2013-07-14 15:36:19 UTC  |  Edited by: BEPOHNKA
Point i'm looking at is we like to PVE, why can't we set something up in empire which allows you to make income from combat in tournament setting in empire. If you can run PVE sites in empire then why not do a combat setting league and tournaments. Log on instant pvp with low income from this, which a chance to lose income from bigger ships?

Different class team up vs other team for all out combat for income

With use of bigger ships you run a risk of losing income.

COST EFFORT - Ship repairs, ammo fee's any drugs you use.

You may say this could kill the PVP in game? Well you can do all the pvp you want on test server with any ship any time.
So why not make this feature for income, instead of the basic PVE for income, this could add more fun. Random combat sites!
Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-07-14 17:35:09 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
Point i'm looking at is we like to PVE, why can't we set something up in empire which allows you to make income from combat in tournament setting in empire. If you can run PVE sites in empire then why not do a combat setting league and tournaments. Log on instant pvp with low income from this, which a chance to lose income from bigger ships?

You may say this could kill the PVP in game? Well you can do all the pvp you want on test server with any ship any time.
So why not make this feature for income, instead of the basic PVE for income, this could add more fun. Random combat sites!

they have this feature in game already, its called FW.
RAP ACTION HERO
#3 - 2013-07-14 17:44:32 UTC
Varesk wrote:
BEPOHNKA wrote:

they have this feature in game already, its called FW.

op wants it in empire lol

vitoc erryday

handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#4 - 2013-07-14 17:46:14 UTC
This feature is in the game already:

Decide a wager.
Give wagers to third party.
Right click -> Duel.

Third party gives wagers to winner.

Baddest poster ever

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-07-14 18:29:36 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
Point i'm looking at is we like to PVE, why can't we set something up in empire which allows you to make income from combat in tournament setting in empire.

Incursions are available, and they perform much like PvE raids, right down to roles and nerd rage.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-07-14 20:18:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
I already make isk from Combat in EVE.

I declare war, people pay me to go away. Sometimes it takes longer than others but after an alliance or corp looses more than 4 or 5 billion ISK and members to 1 person paying 500-1bill to go away does not seem so bad anymore.

The fact that you mentioned those that want to PVP can then go to the test server only pointed out that your a muppet. Good for you posting on alt otherwise you would have seen multiple decs incoming.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-07-14 20:25:00 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:

In your system, if we include the ship loss and all that, does the loser gain ISK or lose? If it's a gain, be ready for literally TON of noob ships getting destroyed by cost less T1 laser ships for income just limited by how many ship you can kill in the time frame.

Let's pop Ibis all day until we are all rich.
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-07-15 02:24:06 UTC
In since you don't gain points for killing one other, you gain isk period. would be nice to see league and tournament idea built on it for iskes income. be match up agaist other pvpers' in empire and only have to pay for repairs of the ship.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-07-15 03:16:25 UTC
No, don't kill the only source of immersion I get in this game.
Ken 1138
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-07-15 03:46:24 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:

So you want World of Warcraft battlegrounds in EVE?
Ken 1138
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-07-15 03:52:36 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

I declare war, people pay me to go away. Sometimes it takes longer than others but after an alliance or corp looses more than 4 or 5 billion ISK and members to 1 person paying 500-1bill to go away does not seem so bad anymore.

The fact that you mentioned those that want to PVP can then go to the test server only pointed out that your a muppet. Good for you posting on alt otherwise you would have seen multiple decs incoming.

That's not combat, that's wardecing randomly and extorting ISK out of people. I bet you don't even see much combat outside of sitting on stations and killing AFKers.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#12 - 2013-07-15 06:49:25 UTC
Ken 1138 wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

That's not combat, that's wardecing randomly and extorting ISK out of people. I bet you don't even see much combat outside of sitting on stations and killing AFKers.

Aren't you the brave poster, sitting in an undeccable NPC corp. If he's making people explode in space then it is indeed combat.

OP nope, as somebody else pointed out it's called faction warfare. If you want it in highsec then you can join Red Vs Blue, who will quite happily provide you with instant and cheap PvP all day long.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-07-15 06:53:10 UTC
Ken 1138 wrote:
So you want World of Warcraft battlegrounds in EVE?

No, that would be arenas being instant. BGs have a long queue time as they require more players.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-07-15 07:03:41 UTC
Ken 1138 wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Trust me, Cannibal Kane is someone who you do not want to be on the bad side of. Pirate

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2013-07-15 08:00:20 UTC
Ken 1138 wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Probably best not to make comments like this when you have no idea what you are talking about.
Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-07-15 08:09:24 UTC
I've got an idea.

Why don't you go and set it up in empire, as emergent gameplay, and see if people will join.

It seems to me that all you need is a set of rules, some people willing to moderate and a prize fund to get the thing going.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-07-15 08:33:07 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:

The tools are already available for you to make this happen. Use them.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2013-07-15 08:56:22 UTC
Well i'm not talking about war deck,s i'm more or less talking about a better league and tournament system which can take place on live server for income like you would do running missions. Instead of losing your ship it would only need be repaired :)) to keep on going over time.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#19 - 2013-07-15 09:00:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
As Mallak said, the tools to do this are already there, any new mechanics introduced would just be abused by the more devious among us.

Things to think on.
You can't have instanced arenas, because that would break Eve so that's out of the window.
The only way it wouldn't break Eve is if you used the test server, and any income generated on the test server can't be imported into TQ, because it would once again break Eve.
How would you enforce non destruction of ships?
How would you prevent a bunch of people warping in a bunch of high DPS ships and decimating both sides of the field for giggles?
How would you stop third parties bribing people to throw matches?
How would you stop crimewatch affecting sec status, Concord and faction navy responses in highsec without a wardec?
The obvious solution to crimewatch, Concord and faction navy response in highsec, without using wardecs, is for all combatants to be in one corp, so how would you prevent Awoxing?

All of the above are fairly obvious, and I'm not that devious. I'm sure that there are many many more ways of abusing what you're suggesting that I haven't thought of. I certainly can't see CCP implementing new mechanics just to prevent people ruining the combatants day, it would break the very cornerstone on which Eve is built.
CCP Solomon wrote:
the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built and we want to keep that (infact, this is much more representative of the consensus opinion within CCP).

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#20 - 2013-07-15 09:17:50 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
Well i'm not talking about war deck,s i'm more or less talking about a better league and tournament system which can take place on live server for income like you would do running missions. Instead of losing your ship it would only need be repaired :)) to keep on going over time.

Purpose of "PVP" in EVE food chain is not to generate income, is to destory resources.

This is needed so someone else can have a profittable gameplay in mining/gathering resources, building, hauling and trading goods.

If you make PVP not only unable to destroy resources/ships but also a source of income this pervert the system.

Beside ruining a major immersion factor of the game.

12Next page