These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

WOW "suspect" -level = podable in secure space

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#41 - 2013-07-13 18:39:04 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
The criminal did something the country consider illegal. Why should the same country then protect his right?
Because that's how rights work.
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#42 - 2013-07-13 20:16:06 UTC
RL should work this way!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Tiber Ibis
The Paratwa Ka
#43 - 2013-07-13 20:44:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiber Ibis
Yavanni wrote:
And I thought it was only like this in the USA. Sorry to hear that Belgium has gone the way of the pampered perpetrator as well.

As another poster put it, a lot of this is right wing political spin. Don't make any judgements until you have some direct experience to back up you claims. Listening and believing what politicians tell you is worse than remaining ignorant.
Tiber Ibis
The Paratwa Ka
#44 - 2013-07-13 20:47:01 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
RL should work this way!

It already does, and it is called shariah law. :)
Carribean Queen
Vadimus Quarrier Works
#45 - 2013-07-13 21:10:36 UTC
Yavanni wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
You've always been poddable in highsec, being suspect just increases the chance of it happening.


being poddable and everyone having a free pass to pod you are two entirely different things.


Actually, no it's not. Theft, much as in real life, if somebody screams STOP THIEF and you're the one running away like a ****, you think nobody will step in and apply a smack down? Much as in real life, you got smacked the F down. It's much more realistic now.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#46 - 2013-07-13 21:41:01 UTC
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
The good news is that you can gank people in low-sec now and then just jump into high-sec like a boss. No
Concord. Only players will be able to shoot you, and they probably won't if you're in a decent PVP boat.


Unless you podkill in lowsec, which gives you criminal flag and gets you concorded should you enter HS.

Quote:

The bad news is that if you have a bounty, high-sec pilots get to reap the benefits of your PVP prowess by activating the bounty and killing you in high-sec while you're piloting a ship that's not for PVP, such as a hauler or a shuttle. Since activating a bounty means the victim goes "Suspect" against their will, the victim of an activated bounty can be safely podded in high-sec now, too.


That is completely wrong. The bounty has nothing to do with who can or cannot legally attack you. You got killrights and bounty messed up I guess. You get a killright against you if you: Unlawfully agress in highsec (ship or pod) or unlawfully agress a pod in lowsec. If you keep your safety on yellow you will never get a killright against you.

You're correct. I mistook killrights for bounties.

My mistake.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#47 - 2013-07-13 21:46:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Beekeeper Bob
Yavanni wrote:
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
"I didn't bother reading any patch notes and now I'm being attacked by meanies because I did something bad."

Eve is a game of consequences, deal with it.


most games are a game of BALANCED consequenses. this change is way out of balance.


How is it way out of balance?
You chose to commit a crime. Once someone decided to engage you, you had the same option to kill and pod them....
To anyone that actually thought this through, it makes perfect sense, and is well balanced.....

In fact, the only person that wouldn't consider it well balanced, is one who prefers to kill people that can't fight back, and doesn't want to be bothered by repercussions...Oops

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Sex Slave Girl
Dragonfire Industries
#48 - 2013-07-13 21:55:14 UTC
Stop comparing real life to eve online, else I want 100 Female dancers at home.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2013-07-13 22:18:59 UTC
Yavanni wrote:
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
"I didn't bother reading any patch notes and now I'm being attacked by meanies because I did something bad."

Eve is a game of consequences, deal with it.


most games are a game of BALANCED consequenses. this change is way out of balance.


It's balanced in the sense that you know what you're doing is a crime and CHOOSE to do it. Because you CHOOSE to do it, there's consequences.

Cause and Effect.

If you still want to be a criminal, operating in protected space, don't blame anyone else for that choice. You choose to be a criminal, and the life of a criminal is living on the run and every law enforcement coming after you.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#50 - 2013-07-13 23:12:26 UTC
OH NO, THERE ARE REAL CONSEQUENCES TO MY ACTIONS NOW! I RAGEQUIT!

/facepalm
Radius Prime
Tax Evading Ass.
#51 - 2013-07-14 01:31:23 UTC
Yavanni wrote:
Radius Prime wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
You decided to be a thief and then winge about it on the forums when people chase the thief legally Big smile *slowclap*


Here in Belgium a citizen went to jail for assaulting a burglar the other day. The burglar said he only meant to steal some **** out of the garage but then again what was he doing in the childrens' bedroom? Didn't matter, the guy still went to jail. Country has gone to **** when the rights of the criminal are more important then the rights of the victim.
Criminals get health insurance through our nice system as well and collect unemployment cheques on top of their less legal job. Our jails are islands of luxury, with swimming pool, TV and internet privileges for the pedophiles. This helps a lot with the internationalization of our criminals ofc, whether they are good at their job or not, life is better in our jails then in their home country.

Lesson is, if you assault a criminal in your home you better make sure you kill him. Corpses can't sue you and they are cheaper to society.


And I thought it was only like this in the USA. Sorry to hear that Belgium has gone the way of the pampered perpetrator as well.


It's actually worse here. You can defend property in the US. In Belgium it's illegal to do so. Our law says a security guard can not interfere when he catches a thief in the act for example. Neither can he be armed to protect himself when needed. You can be sure the competition brings his security along. Security is left with a flashlight. They changed the law though recently, now the flashlight can no longer be made out of metal. We wouldn't want good old Bob the Watchman to have anything useful on him when threatened. Fubar

Reopen the EVE gate so we can invade Serenity. Goons can go first.

Radius Prime
Tax Evading Ass.
#52 - 2013-07-14 01:40:05 UTC
Tiber Ibis wrote:
Yavanni wrote:
And I thought it was only like this in the USA. Sorry to hear that Belgium has gone the way of the pampered perpetrator as well.

As another poster put it, a lot of this is right wing political spin. Don't make any judgements until you have some direct experience to back up you claims. Listening and believing what politicians tell you is worse than remaining ignorant.


Where is the politician? I read the newspaper who reported on the trial. Should we introduce censorship Mr Lenin? You do what you want but I would die twice and then again defending my kids from harm. This man is innocent. People like you make me feel ashamed for voting socialist. Extremism is always bad whether it is right wing or in your case left wing...

Radius

Reopen the EVE gate so we can invade Serenity. Goons can go first.

grrlet
Leper Outcast Unclean
#53 - 2013-07-14 01:41:25 UTC  |  Edited by: grrlet
Yavanni wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
You decided to be a thief and then winge about it on the forums when people chase the thief legally Big smile *slowclap*


Being a thief used to be an honest profession. The only ones who could attack you were the copr members of the capsuleer from whom you stole. There must have been so many and loud whiners among the victims of thieves (or more likely, among gankers who were getting their ill-gotten loot stolen) that they pressured CCP into making theives vulnerable to attack the same as only assassins used to be. Way over the top, imho.


I think it was more the pvp folks crying about carebears not pvping. This was CCPs first steps towards making PVP available to high sec folks and establishing an eve where ppl to take part in self policing instead of relying on concord.


edit: fixed grammer
Yavanni
Unises Inc.
#54 - 2013-07-14 01:48:05 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
Yavanni wrote:

most games are a game of BALANCED consequenses. this change is way out of balance.
In your opinion. There was almost no uproar in the forums because of this particular change.

of course it's my opinion. and you may have noticed that I asked if anyone else thought the same, so, thanks for answering that question.
Yavanni
Unises Inc.
#55 - 2013-07-14 01:56:15 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
The criminal did something the country consider illegal. Why should the same country then protect his right?
Because that's how rights work.


I've always thought that the criminal violation of another citizen's rights should be interpreted as an abdication of one's own rights. By betting that you won't get caught, and losing, you have traded your claim to the rights of a citizen for a minimilaized set of rights due to a criminal, for human right's sake only. But that minimalized set of rights should never give a convicted criminal more privileges than are available to the poorest citizen.
Yavanni
Unises Inc.
#56 - 2013-07-14 01:59:37 UTC
Carribean Queen wrote:
Yavanni wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
You've always been poddable in highsec, being suspect just increases the chance of it happening.


being poddable and everyone having a free pass to pod you are two entirely different things.


Actually, no it's not. Theft, much as in real life, if somebody screams STOP THIEF and you're the one running away like a ****, you think nobody will step in and apply a smack down? Much as in real life, you got smacked the F down. It's much more realistic now.

What dream world do you live in where a thief can be killed by any passerby who happens along?
Yavanni
Unises Inc.
#57 - 2013-07-14 02:02:53 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Yavanni wrote:
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
"I didn't bother reading any patch notes and now I'm being attacked by meanies because I did something bad."

Eve is a game of consequences, deal with it.


most games are a game of BALANCED consequenses. this change is way out of balance.


How is it way out of balance?
You chose to commit a crime. Once someone decided to engage you, you had the same option to kill and pod them....
To anyone that actually thought this through, it makes perfect sense, and is well balanced.....


Here you have more info than I do. It's nice to know that if I am in a well fitted PvP ship I can loot a yellow can or wreck and if someone attacks me, I can pod them, if I am able to do so, without worrying about concord.
Yavanni
Unises Inc.
#58 - 2013-07-14 02:04:51 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Yavanni wrote:
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
"I didn't bother reading any patch notes and now I'm being attacked by meanies because I did something bad."

Eve is a game of consequences, deal with it.


most games are a game of BALANCED consequenses. this change is way out of balance.


It's balanced in the sense that you know what you're doing is a crime and CHOOSE to do it. Because you CHOOSE to do it, there's consequences.

Cause and Effect.

If you still want to be a criminal, operating in protected space, don't blame anyone else for that choice. You choose to be a criminal, and the life of a criminal is living on the run and every law enforcement coming after you.


my post isn't about "every law enforcement coming after you" its about every tom, **** and harry coming after you.
Yavanni
Unises Inc.
#59 - 2013-07-14 02:07:05 UTC
grrlet wrote:
Yavanni wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
You decided to be a thief and then winge about it on the forums when people chase the thief legally Big smile *slowclap*


Being a thief used to be an honest profession. The only ones who could attack you were the copr members of the capsuleer from whom you stole. There must have been so many and loud whiners among the victims of thieves (or more likely, among gankers who were getting their ill-gotten loot stolen) that they pressured CCP into making theives vulnerable to attack the same as only assassins used to be. Way over the top, imho.


I think it was more the pvp folks crying about carebears not pvping. This was CCPs first steps towards making PVP available to high sec folks and establishing an eve where ppl to take part in self policing instead of relying on concord.


edit: fixed grammer

Second best response.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2013-07-14 02:31:07 UTC
Yavanni wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Yavanni wrote:
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
"I didn't bother reading any patch notes and now I'm being attacked by meanies because I did something bad."

Eve is a game of consequences, deal with it.


most games are a game of BALANCED consequenses. this change is way out of balance.


It's balanced in the sense that you know what you're doing is a crime and CHOOSE to do it. Because you CHOOSE to do it, there's consequences.

Cause and Effect.

If you still want to be a criminal, operating in protected space, don't blame anyone else for that choice. You choose to be a criminal, and the life of a criminal is living on the run and every law enforcement coming after you.


my post isn't about "every law enforcement coming after you" its about every tom, **** and harry coming after you.


What did you think would come after you, Tinkerbell? Lol

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell