These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Requesting EvE Prisons for Scammer and Traitors!

First post First post
Author
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#201 - 2013-07-12 17:17:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Cassius Clayy wrote:
0/10

blocked for missing content

I've heard if you also cover your eyes with both hands people can't see you.

was there a content? maybe you covered your eyes and did see it, just tell me

Yes. He was accurately rating the merits of your thread on the troll subtlety scale:

0/10

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#202 - 2013-07-12 17:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Ace Uoweme wrote:

Folks are put on /ignore because they can't even debate but by the lowest denominator. It's just a way to avoid even wasting time seeing what they spam. What they post back isn't worthy to even answer, no matter how they try to egg a response. for a number of reasons, including because they have called me out on the amount of shiptoasting/ bad ideas that I spew on the forum, and because they often present a coherent argument that makes me look bad.

Another is because they hate that I talk about how fabulous WoW and its developers are, how I think that CCP should follow their example to attract the masses, and in the process dumb the game, that they love, down so much that it fails like all the others that have tried to emulate WoW, so that I can crow once again about how WoW is the best thing since sliced bread.

For these reasons they ridicule and mock me, so I block them.

FTFY

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Manfred Hideous
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#203 - 2013-07-12 17:33:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Manfred Hideous
Harry Forever wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Andski wrote:
What you're asking for amounts to a vote to suspend somebody's account, and CCP will never give players that power, ever. Scamming doesn't need consequences because being scammed is a consequence of being stupid. Hope this helps.

omg, are you unable to read? I do not want to give the player access to suspend the account, whats up with you? read the thread dude, we want consequences for scammers, are you a baby? no consequences for nothing you do?

putting someone in "prison" for the week is just suspending their account with a bit of embellishment

then let it be 1-24 hours, maybe the week is too long, I'm sure you babies can handle those consequences

You going to pay my days of lost play? That's a bullshit stupid idea.

Ace Uoweme wrote:

And both are worthless because the criminal can escape by podding, since NPCs don't kill pods like players can (and most of them don't bother as they're auto-piloting or in a rush).

So the Risks vs Rewards is even bypassed.

This is why being a criminal in EvE is as much as being a baby needing a pacifier to play.

The Risks need more teeth, not more pacifiers.

It's hardly bypassed. If players aren't willing to pod the guy as he flies through, they don't have much cause to whine.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#204 - 2013-07-12 18:59:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
what an insane amount of baby tears, scammers want to rob countless hours from players, however when somebody comes up with an idea to have one or two hours consequences for their doing, they cry me a river
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#205 - 2013-07-12 19:04:09 UTC
I see what you did there. Cool

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Vrenth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#206 - 2013-07-12 19:06:30 UTC
I would just kill myself.... bam, out of jail.Pirate
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#207 - 2013-07-12 19:07:49 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
what an insane amount of baby tears, scammers want to rob countless hours from players, however when somebody comes up with an idea to have one or two hours consequences for their doing, they cry me a river

But that isn't what you said. That's what you're saying now, after you basically got slapped down about saying you wanted people getting a 7 day functional ban based on the groupthink "peer" votes of a bunch of butthurt carebears.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#208 - 2013-07-12 19:14:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
butthurt carebears.

I think I have a new band name.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#209 - 2013-07-12 19:16:38 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
butthurt carebears.

Make sure and add:

Special Snowflakes

Hurt Feelings Brigade

and

Frequent Petitioners.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#210 - 2013-07-12 19:25:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
butthurt carebears.

Make sure and add:

Special Snowflakes

Hurt Feelings Brigade

and

Frequent Petitioners.

You forgot "Habitual Shiptoasters"

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Northern Misfit
Far Mt Logistics
#211 - 2013-07-12 19:41:00 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
I want a new game mechanic implemented however this may need to be discussed with a broader audience in GD first.
Its pretty simple, there should be a possibility to catch pods and bring them to an ingame Prison. Those Prisons should be Time Capsules where the catched player has to stay for some time. I would say 1 day up to 1 week

Ok, breathe deeply and think of a nice green open field. You are safe, there is water splashing in the distance, you're not cold anymore, you are calm and relaxed. You are walking on a path of crushed gravel, the sun is shining overhead. You can only hear my voice...well, and the prison gates as they close behind you ;)

Seriously though, I think there are far too many of us who would love to have "In Prison" under their name, right next to our "Wanted" sign.

High Priestess of the Sovereign Realm of Explosions and Light

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#212 - 2013-07-12 19:58:58 UTC
Posting in a goon alt troll thread

Harry's Pro Kills!
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#213 - 2013-07-12 20:08:32 UTC
Thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#214 - 2013-07-12 20:10:51 UTC
Hate to say it, but I called it. On the first reply.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2013-07-12 20:48:20 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

scamming someone out of timecodes or asking them to buy plex is bannable
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#216 - 2013-07-12 20:53:50 UTC
ISD Tyrozan wrote:

WHY!!!!!!!Cry

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Shiera Kuni
Electric Machete
#217 - 2013-07-12 20:56:09 UTC
More Harry Forever mouth diarrhea? Should be amusing *Grabs popcorn*

CCP Falcon:  This thread is terrible.

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#218 - 2013-07-12 21:18:28 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

Come on, everyone is being nice, considering your proposal; normally in cases like this average EVE players were already charging bounties on you and camping your station 24/7.

And you're lucky your idea about prison is not implemented or they had already found a way to send you in your own jail.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#219 - 2013-07-12 21:50:41 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
darmwand wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
I'm sure the scam tactics can be put into a mechanic

I'm curious, could you make an example? As in "you could detect scam X by checking if somebody does Y and Z"?

just lookup marging trading scam all that kind of stuff
How would it link the overpriced sell order, with the over valued buy order?

Could the person buying the overpriced items also be jailed? They are not exactly faultless here.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#220 - 2013-07-12 22:15:11 UTC
ISD Tyrozan wrote:

Better to have moved it and then locked this pile of rotten shark guts of a post.

Just saying.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin