These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones

First post
Author
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#201 - 2011-11-09 07:48:13 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:
SOON™ :(

You need more likes too for your work pushing this(and now its not ALWAYS in my active thread list Lol)

Its a subject close to my heart :D ( as the darn EVE addict I am Twisted )
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#202 - 2011-11-09 08:19:25 UTC
Just checked SISI, no change in terms of drones there....
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#203 - 2011-11-09 08:23:38 UTC
Pretty sure they will let us know here when they deploy a fix to sisi.

AI code is hell to parse, so its gonna take some time to figure out what broke.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#204 - 2011-11-09 08:34:25 UTC
Had to check :D there are some awesome things on sisi atm :D
Tallian Saotome
#205 - 2011-11-09 08:42:07 UTC
those nebulae are so epic... also, go kill the new BCs with a frig or a dessie. funny as heck, they are helpless against anything that small

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#206 - 2011-11-09 16:16:56 UTC
Fear not - When they go on SISI I will let you all know so you can help me test the fixes ;)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#207 - 2011-11-09 17:24:08 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Fear not - When they go on SISI I will let you all know so you can help me test the fixes ;)

Sounds romantic. Did you just invite us all to group date ?-)

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Deleros Revo
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#208 - 2011-11-09 19:05:23 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

Off topic: At default picture size, if your portrait would have red hair, it'll be A.L.I.A.S' portrait.
Just noticed.
Pirate
Tallian Saotome
#209 - 2011-11-09 19:22:45 UTC
All you have to do is fix drones and half the guys in eve want to date you. Lol

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#210 - 2011-11-10 07:08:40 UTC
I wanna date her now... I think she is the only dev ever to monitor a topic as promised.

One little question... Masterplan succeded with a repro but have any of you found the actuall problem?
( Note that I am not asking about a fix or release date )
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#211 - 2011-11-10 09:25:15 UTC
Deleros Revo wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:

Off topic: At default picture size, if your portrait would have red hair, it'll be A.L.I.A.S' portrait.
Just noticed.
Pirate

shhh .. i'm in disguise...

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Team Astro Sparkle

Tallian Saotome
#212 - 2011-11-10 09:36:30 UTC
Not to derail this thread, but can you kick the forum people into doing an equally good job? Nothing as annoying as 4 ganked 1000 word posts in a row, except maybe when something as simple as the like button breaks.

Why have it if it doesn't work :P

Malus Rimor
Perkone
Caldari State
#213 - 2011-11-11 02:55:52 UTC
It would be nice when I dc in missions that my t2 drones arent lost.

My ship warps out when I dc, can my drones warp out with me?
Even a "re-connect to lost drones" like we can do with probes would suffice (if I can get back on grid quick enough before they are popped) so that I can quickly suck them back in.

If I dc, I have to slowboat some random distance, e.g. 60km to try and retrieve the drones before they get popped (2.5km range before you can pull them back in). They usually are all dead by the time I get to them, sometimes I might get one or two out. I then have to fly back to a station and restock up with drones, and then fly back out to the mission ... and THEN through any acceleration gates to get back to where I was!

Please fix this, drones are a big part of EVE ... internet disconnects happen, thats why you have the ship warpout. Please handle drones also.
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#214 - 2011-11-11 10:27:09 UTC
Malus Rimor wrote:

Even a "re-connect to lost drones" like we can do with probes would suffice (if I can get back on grid quick enough before they are popped) so that I can quickly suck them back in.

If I dc, I have to slowboat some random distance, e.g. 60km to try and retrieve the drones before they get popped (2.5km range before you can pull them back in). They usually are all dead by the time I get to them, sometimes I might get one or two out. I then have to fly back to a station and restock up with drones, and then fly back out to the mission ... and THEN through any acceleration gates to get back to where I was!

Please fix this, drones are a big part of EVE ... internet disconnects happen, thats why you have the ship warpout. Please handle drones also.

I think you should visit here : https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32105 ;)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Team Astro Sparkle

Tallian Saotome
#215 - 2011-11-11 10:32:54 UTC
Malus Rimor wrote:

Fly an ishtar full of ogre IIs... they are tough enough to survive(mostly) while you AB your way back to them, my record saving run was about 40km.

Ofc, apparently I never have to do that again \o/

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#216 - 2011-11-14 01:17:35 UTC
Bump
Malus Rimor
Perkone
Caldari State
#217 - 2011-11-14 06:13:52 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

Ok, I gotta admit I came back to this thread with very little expectation. Just wow, auto suckin attempt and ability to reconnect.

The absolute massive turnaround and refocus of CCP was desperately needed and I think most people gave you little chance. My personal opinion is changing and I now think you guys might be able to pull through this, remarkable if you can keep it going and it isnt all flash in the pan stuff.

My drones tyvm.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#218 - 2011-11-14 08:14:36 UTC
They are most defenetly going in the right direction...
Meny of the "locations" along the road has been visited, all that is missing is their arrival at the end.

ing SpeedyJ
The Institution of Death
#219 - 2011-11-14 20:50:21 UTC
Thank You for rep of drone bug Big smile
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#220 - 2011-11-14 22:04:09 UTC
Those of you who have reported problems with drones not following your orders: I'd like you to try and get on to Singularity and see how they behave now please. Specifically the two different cases of mining drones when an asteroid pops, and combat drones when a target is destroyed.
If you encounter issues, please give me as much detail (ship type, fitting, drone types, NPCs, timestamp, etc) as possible. Also your passive/aggressive/focus-fire settings.
I'll follow this up with more info as I get feedback.
Thanks!

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law