These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Requesting EvE Prisons for Scammer and Traitors!

First post First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#81 - 2013-07-12 13:03:43 UTC
Quote:
I agree that there should be an option to take revenge whenever you feel "wronged"

There is. It's EVE, there are always ways to get revenge.

You shoot them.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

SmokinDank
Horizon Research Group
#82 - 2013-07-12 13:05:59 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
I agree that there should be an option to take revenge whenever you feel "wronged"

You shoot them.

How about a 'force undock' feature so you can shoot the scammer?

RaTTuS
BIG
#83 - 2013-07-12 13:07:15 UTC
if you never leave the station then your fine

http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png http://i.imgur.com/kYLoKrM.png

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#84 - 2013-07-12 13:08:47 UTC
darmwand wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

I think about it for obious scam mechanics nown in the game, if somebody uses those then the opposite party gets a voting right against that player like a killright you receive when shotdown in nullsec

But that's the problem - even the obvious scam mechanics aren't necessarily obvious to the computer. Maybe somebody just doesn't have the ISK to cover the buy order (margin trading scam), was aware that he was paying too much for a ship in a trade window or was rejected from a corp after paying a recruitment fee for a good reason. Otherwise I could just send you a few million ISK, claim you scammed me by not doubling it and get an angry mob to imprison you.

I agree that there should be an option to take revenge whenever you feel "wronged", but I assume you also agree that one man's need for revenge shouldn't enable the whole world to harass innocent bystanders.

Probably the best way to fight scammers is to teach new players about the scams. When I joined my first player corp they frequently told all new arrivals about different types of scams and how to avoid them. Maybe you could spend your time & energy on something like that instead? Once people stop falling for scams the scammers will disappear.

if it only happens once you will not get enough votes against you to endup in prison, so the mechanic still works I think

innocent can not be harassed because of the link, of the mechanic, CCP would set one up like the killright thing, I'm pretty sure it could be done somehow and it would add to the game perfectly, for sure a lot of stuff would need to be thought through in detail however

in addition to that I already teach scammers what i think of them, its my little pvp against them :) got some good feedback on that as well alread Cool
darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#85 - 2013-07-12 13:09:19 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

You shoot them.

Indeed that's what I usually do. Plus I don't think I've ever been scammed and I'm not asking for new mechanics here, I'm perfectly happy with the ability to stick a bunch of Blasters up their exhaust pipe. All I'm saying is that I understand the OP's frustration with people hiding in stations and NPC corps - changing any of that would probably break the game for lots of people though.

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#86 - 2013-07-12 13:09:27 UTC
SmokinDank wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

You shoot them.

:D nice one :DD
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#87 - 2013-07-12 13:10:04 UTC
Look! Another terribad game idea dumped in GD because the OP believes he is "special". .

I have something to soothe your pain.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#88 - 2013-07-12 13:11:04 UTC
SmokinDank wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

You shoot them.

Under what context?

I can see (maybe) that part possibly being added to killrights, but how do you determine this criteria for "scammers"? Particularly since under almost any false pretense I can accuse someone of being a scammer and then force-undock them.

There is no possible way to track the mechanic of "being scammed". It can't psssibly give you some flag to activate on someone else.

And if the criteria is as loose as the OP seems to suggest, then it's open to vast, disgusting amount of abuse. The cure for a problem that doesn't really exist, would wind up being one of the most broken mechanics in the history of EVE. It's shortsighted and foolish to even suggest such a thing.

You want to trap them in prison? Station camp their asses. You want "revenge"?, then run a few locator agents, and gank them when they fly something shiny.

Stop asking CCP to do all your legwork for you, or to protect you against your own mistakes.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#89 - 2013-07-12 13:12:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Doc Fury wrote:
Look! Another terribad game idea dumped in GD because the OP believes he is "special". .

adding to your frustration makes me happy Doc, because you have nothing to give except anger

I'm setting up ideas, therefore used my brain, you just **** stupid comments out of your keyboard
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#90 - 2013-07-12 13:12:47 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

I prefer this version

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#91 - 2013-07-12 13:13:29 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

innocent can not be harassed because of the link, of the mechanic, CCP would set one up like the killright thing, I'm pretty sure it could be done somehow and it would add to the game perfectly, for sure a lot of stuff would need to be thought through in detail however

I like your trust in CCP and artificial intelligence but, until proven otherwise, I'm not convinced that reliably detecting scams in an unexploitable way is possible. Plus of course the constant threat of getting scammed keeps ones brain awake Smile

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2013-07-12 13:15:23 UTC
Lysanne Reqetta wrote:
*new player logs in*
Newbro > hi guys whats up
Newbro > just joined and likin the game
Notification: you have been convicted by capsuleer vote of crimes including scamming and egregrious bumping. You are restricted to mining or remaining docked for the next seven days (06:23:59:59 remaining). A fine of 1,500,000.00 ISK has been levied automatically.
Newbro > f u guys im out
*New player logs out and goes to play something more fun*

There's harsher games out there than EvE, that h-u-r-t even for newbies. They don't have to stage "danger" by "end-gamers" to gank lowbies or scam them, the game itself hurts even the gankers and thieves. They stick to the more profitable activities that's worth the effort and consequences.

And that's the flaw in the EvE crime system. It's too easy, without the consequences, so "end-gamers" can do that junk. It's too easy to ENCOURAGE it as a "career", because babies engage in it. CCP has to hand hold them to even play. Roll

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#93 - 2013-07-12 13:15:58 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

adding to your frustration makes me happy Doc, because you have nothing to give except anger

I wouldn't say anger. I laughed my ass off.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that I understand the OP's frustration with people hiding in stations and NPC corps

I don't understand this frustration at all. This is because I have the ability to accept my own mistakes, and learn from them, like an adult.

A child, on the other hand, cries when things don't go their way.

Here's your checklist:

First of all, don't get scammed. It's absurdly easy. (if anything, buff scamming)

Secondly, deal with it. Deal with being ganked, bumped, scammed, or any of this other crap that all the hurt feelings brigade want to call "griefing".

Thirdly, correct any behavior that led to you being a target, and move on.

But the refusal to learn from mistakes? No, I do not understand that.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#94 - 2013-07-12 13:19:21 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

I'm setting up ideas, therefore used my brain, you just **** stupid comments out of your keyboard

Protip: Go set up your "ideas" in the correct forum area, and you won't get as many replies that hurt your feelings.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#95 - 2013-07-12 13:22:19 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Protip: Go set up your "ideas" in the correct forum area, and you won't get as many replies that hurt your feelings.

protip: leave the forum because you do not add anything of interest
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#96 - 2013-07-12 13:22:53 UTC
Honestly, this would be as fruitless as a war on drugs. All you would get is overcrowded digital prisons and start a corrupt for profit prison business that would spread throughout the virtual court system, CONCORD, and our elected CSM's. All to punish people who really weren't much of a detriment to our online society.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#97 - 2013-07-12 13:25:58 UTC
Kijo Rikki wrote:
Honestly, this would be as fruitless as a war on drugs. All you would get is overcrowded digital prisons and start a corrupt for profit prison business that would spread throughout the virtual court system, CONCORD, and our elected CSM's. All to punish people who really weren't much of a detriment to our online society.

bummber you do not see the vision behind it, I clearly see it, and it would be fun, I think a game mechanic against scammers is really needed
Lysanne Reqetta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-07-12 13:26:07 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Lysanne Reqetta wrote:
*new player logs in*
Newbro > hi guys whats up
Newbro > just joined and likin the game
Notification: you have been convicted by capsuleer vote of crimes including scamming and egregrious bumping. You are restricted to mining or remaining docked for the next seven days (06:23:59:59 remaining). A fine of 1,500,000.00 ISK has been levied automatically.
Newbro > f u guys im out
*New player logs out and goes to play something more fun*

There's harsher games out there than EvE, that h-u-r-t even for newbies. They don't have to stage "danger" by "end-gamers" to gank lowbies or scam them, the game itself hurts even the gankers and thieves. They stick to the more profitable activities that's worth the effort and consequences.

And that's the flaw in the EvE crime system. It's too easy, without the consequences, so "end-gamers" can do that junk. It's too easy to ENCOURAGE it as a "career", because babies engage in it. CCP has to hand hold them to even play. Roll

I'm not saying there aren't issues with how crime works, or how new players are treated. I'm saying a crowd voting system that affects other people is going to get abused all the way to VFK and back. And one like this would absolutely result in people sitting in Help chat ambushing new players with overwhelming imprisonment votes.

Blatant alt posting? In my EVE? It's more likely than you think.

NEVER FORGET - NOVEMBER 2013 - THE GREAT SIGNATURE MASSACRE

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#99 - 2013-07-12 13:26:44 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Look who's talking. Roll

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#100 - 2013-07-12 13:28:47 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Look who's talking. Roll

just open up your own thread, and let people add comments like yours all the time, to find out how good you are... go for it please, I encourage you... just adding dull comments to others is easy